I wish I didn't have to work while pregnant. ..

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Oriyan
  • 1 Post By Kelizah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Super Mommy
because I"m so tried most of the days.. Hubby makes enough for both of us can live off, and also for when baby comes. But sometimes I feel like I don't have the energy to do anything. .Just want to sleep whole day...

but I luv my job, and I feel as if I was home I would be bored, but I would get to sleep whenever I wanted..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
July 16th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I hear ya. I have to work till the end. I am already starting to get tired again.
prayingforbaby13 likes this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 16th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Kelizah's Avatar Veteran
I'm with you! I planned on not working passed 7 1/2-8 months but idk if that's going to happen in all reality. but I'm dead at work already. we'll see how it goes..
prayingforbaby13 likes this.
July 16th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I had to work through my first two pregnancies, and it was SO HARD! (hugs)

July 16th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I only worked to 33 weeks with my first because of PTL. This time, I plan on working till 36 weeks FT and then cutting to PT from 36 to the end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 16th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Veteran
I feel the same way. I work for the board of ed so im off for the summer (thank god!) but these past few months have been torture. I'm working up until my water breaks--and i'll have to go back after my 6 weeks maternity
July 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya. During my first pregnancy my job required me to walk and stand ALL day. By policy we had 2 fifteen minute breaks and a half hour break. That was the only time I was allowed to sit. My boss was fully set on that too.

I used to go home and just cry because my back, hips and feet hurt so bad. It got to the point all I did was work, eat and sleep. THATS it. I finally just flat out couldn't handle it anymore (I carry OUT so I was huge, and Wyatt was malpositioned so I HURT) about 20 days before he was born. The difference in the way I felt was night and day.

This time I have a sit down job. It requires a lot of multitasking and you can eat and have breaks only if its not busy. So far I'm doing ok but I just dread work, I have trouble keeping up as easy because of my preggo brain and it makes me a lot more tired.
July 16th, 2013, 11:02 AM
My job my first pregnancy was very labor intensive. Now, i literally sit all day and can eat whenever. Except I am still tired getting up at 6:15 to be at work by 8, to work till 4:30, pick up my son, home by 5:30, make dinner, clean, get him to bed.... it's a 12 hour day! I am passed out by 9:30 every night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I feel the same. DH said I can quit but I love my job as well (usually). I fine at work but when I get home I lay on the couch with no energy to even make dinner. It sucks. When I was on vacation last week I felt fine though. Work is just exhausting at this time.

I hope you have a wave of energy soon.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
July 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sit down most of my day usually, unless I get called out--then it's a crap shoot. My coworker and I went out on calls the same day--I got the one in an air conditioned house, but she had to stand in the sun in 95 degree heat for like 3 hours. I would have probably passed out. I just never know what it's going to be like for my job so it's hard to prepare.

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Super Mommy
My job is pretty easy. I drive around all day. I do my own thing. I wish I didnt have to work period. Lol

July 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You and me both . Since I am still in my Masters from August 19th- December 10th and January 20th- May 9th (? I believe) I wll be doing internships on top of my normal job of substance abuse therapist and working at the DPA. I am most likely going to quit the DPA or go down to one day a week there starting August. Since baby is coming in December I am going to try to set job on back burner and work 30-35 hours a week of internship from August-end of November (which hopefully can be combined with some job work for money!) so that once baby comes I can take the last 5 months of school and only work 1 day a week and internship 1 day a week. I can't imagine being away from Tobias more than that each week for the first 6 months or so. Then I am hopefully only going to work 2-3 days a week for another 6 months. This is all in my head of course reality might be different.

I should also mention that because of my internships and needing to stay in one place to do them my husband lives and works out of state only coming home about every other week which makes me that much more tired I swear. Not sure how this is going to work once baby arrives.

July 17th, 2013, 06:18 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I hate working while pregnant and about a year post. My heart and brain just aren't in it. Makes for long days.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 17th, 2013, 07:44 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a sit down, office job. I can get up and move around and take as many small breaks as I want, I also get an hour for lunch. With DD, I was put on bed rest at 24 weeks so I really don't know what it's like to work past that or to work until term, that makes me a little nervous. Right now I plan to work until the week of Thanksgiving. My C-section will be scheduled for December 2nd so it kind of works out that way. We'll see if it happens like that!

July 17th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how I worked twitch DD. I'm home now with her and that's hard enough!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 19th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I hate working. My job is fairly easy and I only stand on my feet two hours at a time, but even that is tiring some days. I'm going to try and work as long as I can because our maternity leave policy stinks (8 weeks unpaid during which you can use vacay/sick time and up to 6 months medical leave unpaid if approved by your doctor). I'm just not motivated anymore. The days drag on and I'm easily irritated by coworkers and customers. I've been almost hoping I end up on bed rest although I'm sure that would be boring too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search