How are your mommy instincts?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JulieMc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 11:07 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Especially about the gender you are having (or had, in previous pregnancies)?

I have to say, I may only be 1 for 4 I was SURE DD1 was a girl. I mean cocky sure. Sure enough!

For the others... not so much. With DS, I wasn't sure at all, but was ecstatic when they announced he was a boy.

With DD2, I swore (cocky sure, again. 100% plus some. I mean SURE) "he" was a boy. Um. No.

And with this one, I can only say I was fairly sure it was a boy. Just slightly. I was confident we could use my favorite boy name, finally (didn't with DS for a couple reasons). Um... according to the M21... no. (but I am in denial and won't face reality until the anatomy scan on the 30th).

So, my mommy instincts pretty much suck. I was SURE. SO. SO. Sure. I mean, I had dreams and all those old wives tales (most) all that stuff! BUT, really, with all 4 pregnancies, no difference in pregnancy symptoms at all, so I couldn't use that as any indicator either way.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Last edited by redbirds; July 18th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
July 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, as far as guessing gender goes, not so good. My first I swore was a boy, wrong! My second, I kinda thought boy again, but didn't really have a strong feeling (boy). This one I'm feeling is a girl, but I've taken all the old wives tale "tests" and all predict boy. I find out next Saturday 27, so we'll see how good my instincts are.

July 18th, 2013, 01:19 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
4 for 4 so far.

#1 wanted boy, thought it was a boy, got a boy.
#2 wanted another boy, but suspected girl, got a girl.
#3&#4 wanted boy/girl twins, thought it was boy/girl twins, am told it's boy/girl twins

And...actually...the baby I lost at 11weeks, I was so sure it was a boy we were already calling it by the boy name we picked out. The genetic testing they did on the fetal tissue after my miscarriage showed that it was in fact a boy. So really, I am 5 for 5.
bundle2baby likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
2 for 2
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 18th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Won't know for this one until Aug. 6th (Depending on baby cooperation, of course), but I was 100% correct with my other 4. I'm pretty sure this one is a boy. I will be utterly SHOCKED if it's a girl. Not saying I can't be wrong, but I will be shocked if I am.

July 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been wrong both times. My instincts stink!!

July 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well 1 out of 3 right Not sure my instincts were wrong just that each time,(except this one) I wanted the opposite gender.
July 18th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Beautiful Life!
I had a kinda feeling with my first two and they were right, a boy and a girl. The last one my husband and I both thought it was for sure a boy, absolutely convinced and were completely shocked when we seen it was a girl! So this time I think it's a boy, but not overly confident and think part of it might be because I'm really hoping for a boy. Unlike everyone else though, they don't do the anatomy scan at my Dr.'s office until 24 weeks! So I have 7 more weeks to go!!! Trying to figure out a way at my next appt. to get her to look for me though, but we'll see.

July 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was right with my first even though it was the opposite of what I wanted. I was wrong on this one.
July 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 out of 4. I didn't guess wrong on the other two, I just had no feeling either way or kept waivering. I seem to be unclear on #2 of the same gender born consecutively.

July 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
right, wrong, didn't know what to think
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
July 19th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Kelizah's Avatar Veteran
I had a feeling this one was a boy, but I'm one of those totally indecisive people that can't be sure of anything so I kept second guessing myself. that, and i leaned toward wanting a little girl lol

July 23rd, 2013, 05:01 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
I was sure it was a girl and found out Friday it is a boy! Didn't care either way.
July 23rd, 2013, 06:17 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I would be 3 for 3 but I was hardcore in denial with my first so while I "knew" he was a boy I was hoping and praying and wishing for a girl. Atti I knew at 3 or 4 dpo that I was going to be pregnant and having a boy and everyone called me crazy. This time I knew before I even DTD and I have instant messages to prove it lol.

July 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
jenn2350's Avatar Veteran
With DS1 my instincts were right and I knew he was a boy.

With DS2 I thought he was a girl because that pregnancy was so different, but it was mostly wishful thinking I'm sure.

With this one I have a feeling it's a third boy. I don't feel the disappointment that I did with DS2 though if it's not a girl. I have my gender scan in two weeks and every time I think about it I can just see the screen with "it's a boy" lol.

July 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Mine suck. Lol

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 23rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really was sure/wanted a girl first time around...but the farther along in my pregnancy I got the more I thought it was a boy. I just decided I wasn't sure. It was a boy. This time I am having the same girl feelings again early on...but I am not sure if that because EVERYONE seems to think I HAVE to have a girl this time--moderately annoying. But I will say so far when I look at names, I only like girl names. I can't really find any boy names I like, this is totally opposite of the last pregnancy. I could only find like 3 girl names I liked last time and I had like 15 boy names on the list. We'll see. I'm not that great at it, lol.

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 23rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
I guess, I am 2 for 3. My first I just "knew" I was having a girl. She is very much a girl. Second, I wanted a boy but thought I was having another girl. I did. This one I swore I was having a boy but was told at 15 weeks, he is a she.
July 24th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Veteran
dd1- I was dead sure a girl .. and a girl she was
dd2- since everything was so similar with my first I knew she was a girl
baby 3- since everything was sooo sooo different I said boy, the way Im carrying him, no sickness at all barely any weight gain and my face it beautiful, no break outs, red bloches bothing ... and scan said boy ...

so I guess im 3 for 3 .. yay! go me!! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search