My anatomy scan today

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By HorseGal
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere
  • 1 Post By ChicaChels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Little one is measuring 6 days ahead, weighs approx 13.5 ozs and looks perfectly healthy. Heart rate was 140 today. Baby was head down and spread eagle and moving a ton.

She asked at the end if we needed to look at anything else and I said gender. Baby was moving a bunch so her first "drive by" I blurted "unless that was cord, that is NOT a girl". And I was right, there is no mistaking that I'm team blue again.

I'm actually upset with myself for how upset I feel that this one wasn't a girl. I was so sure it was an last time I guessed correctly even though I wanted a girl then too. I just knew it was a boy though.

Im so scattered I even went to my appt afterwards and gave a sample and peed but not in the cup. 0.o

mommamindy and Tarheelbluii like this.
July 18th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats on the baby boy....

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
July 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Aw man I guessed wrong congrats on your baby boy though!

July 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats girlie! I can't believe the girl dream thing was wrong! Darn it, glad baby boy is healthy.

July 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
((HUGS)) I'm still a bit guilty with the gender disappointment I've felt, too. It's natural. As others have wisely advised me, give yourself time... eventually you'll embrace the idea of brothers. It's taken me all this time to get to used to the idea of another girl, and every day I get a little more excited and a little less disappointed. Like you, I've been certain, CERTAIN of gender and was a bit shocked when it's ended up the opposite. I've had the dreams and all. (and the actual thought is whatever gender is in your dream, you are supposedly having the opposite... but there's really no science in it either way).

I'm so glad baby boy looks healthy!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 18th, 2013, 02:23 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, look at it this way: Your boys will be pretty close in age. Close enough that they will be each other's best buddy. That is something they will be happy about and super thankful for throughout life, most likely.

How cute will it be to see a big and little brother playing?!?
swade66 likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 02:24 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I was disappointed when I found out that my 2nd was a girl. I really wanted a boy. The main reason, however, was that I was afraid of getting a girly girl and not knowing what to do (I'm more of a tomboy myself) and we only had a 2 bedroom house with no prospects of moving and another boy would make things easier and they could share a room. Things happened that I could have never expected, our housing situation changed for the better (we moved!) and I was excited about having a girl. It just takes time to get used to the idea of having the idea the opposite gender of what you wanted.

I'll admit, I would have been disappointed this time if I were told I was having girl/girl twins......because I really wanted another boy for my son to have a brother. He's been asking forever...and Lyla, well she still would have time for me to have another sister for her and if it were boy/boy twins it wouldn't have been disappointing. Blah.

July 18th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your healthy little boy. I had disappointment with my second I wanted my daughter to have a little sister because I never had one. As time went on, I started to like the idea of a boy. Don't feel bad about it, its normal!
July 18th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Sorry it wasnt a girl. HUGS* But congrats on your boy! I love his pics
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

July 18th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
July 18th, 2013, 06:34 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Congratulations!!!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 18th, 2013, 11:52 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs momma. I can 110% empathize with how you're feeling. It's such a weird place to be in...happy for a healthy baby, sad the anatomy wasn't what you just knew it would be. I'm so sorry that you're in this place but I am so excited for you to be growing a healthy little man! Wyatt will love having a brother to wrestle with! And just think, your daughter will be so lucky to have TWO big brothers looking out for her!

It's okay to grieve, so don't feel upset with yourself for the emotions you're feeling. Pm me if you ever need to talk
HorseGal likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 19th, 2013, 12:14 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!! sorry wasnt a boy

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
July 19th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Congratulations on a great scan. I know your baby is not a girl, which makes my guess in the poll wrong lol, but very happy to see HE looks great! I love the pics! so much fun to see the little feet. It will be great for your son to have a brother this young. My boys are close in age with a 2 year difference, and they get a long great, most of the time, and are very helpful toward one another. My youngest was sad when we told him this baby was a girl because he has four sisters already. He really wanted to be a big brother to a boy he said...to, ya know, show him the ropes. Cute, Now he is excited to be big brother to a girl and do some protecting as he puts it...lol

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
July 19th, 2013, 05:32 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick2009 View Post
Congrats girlie! I can't believe the girl dream thing was wrong! Darn it, glad baby boy is healthy.

I know, I didn't think the dreams would steer me wrong, they didn't last time.

Thanks for all your lovely comments. I am feeling better today, I just had to get my head straight.
July 19th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was the exact same with my first two, so I know what you are feeling. I was 200% sure by first was a boy and he was and then I felt the same about my second being a girl. But definitely a boy. It wasn't so much I was sad about having a boy- it was just such a shock after being so certain. Congrats on your boy!!! They are so fun and having two is even more so
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
July 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
two boys in a row is so fun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search