glocouse test **Update**

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By psboden
  • 1 Post By prayingforbaby13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
I'm here waiting my 1hr to draw blood after taking the sugar stuff. It tasted like flat orange soda. Lol... anway when I first came in the lady at the front desk was " y u always here " .. lol.. I was like ****.. I've been here that much already... ah the joys of being pregnant and always doing blood work....

**Update**

My OB office called and she was like my levels are elevated. it's 146. and she was like if anyone can come and pick up the referral today to I'm guessing my 3 hrs test.. I was like I have an appt. on Saturday and I'll pick it up then..

My *****.. I know i don't have GD.. They make you sit there without moving after they fill you up with sugar and not expect it to be high.. please.. I'm not even gonna bother...

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz

Last edited by prayingforbaby13; July 23rd, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
July 20th, 2013, 06:58 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Wow! You are already getting your 1 hour test? I don't get the 2 hour (they dont do 1 hours here any more, it's a 2 hour test and if you pass, you're done, and if you fail, you have GD... no further testing needed). Anyway, I don't get the 2 hour until 26 weeks. Hope you pass!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 20th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
we still do one hour here, but not until 26-28 weeks either. Is there a reason you're doing it early? Hope you pass!

July 20th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Hope you pass! I did mine last week on Thursday, got the results back Wednesday and I passed.
July 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good luck!

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
July 22nd, 2013, 05:04 AM
Super Mommy
im not sure why.. I think it's because of my sister b/c she failed her 1 hr test and they told her she has GD.. My sister and I are pregnant at the same time but she's due in about 2-3 weeks.. so I guess they wanted to make sure.. I hope I pass too..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
July 22nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
They diagnosed her with GD based on the 1 hour test without even following up with a 2 or a 3 hour test? That doesn't seem right. The 1 hour test has a 25% false fail rate. So out of 100 people who take it, 25 would fail, but they would pass the 2 or 3 hour...

They may have told her that she failed the 1 hour so badly that she wouldn't pass the 3 hour. Please don't let them tell you that. They told me that with both pregnancies and I passed both 3 hours without a problem.

July 22nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also failed my 1hr miserably with DD. They basically told me that I would be insulin dependent for the remainder of my pregnancy. I took the 3hr and was well within the normal range. It's something to do with the sugar shock to your system so quickly, your body doesn't have time to process it all. I agree with Feythful, there are TONS of false fails on the 1hr.

19 weeks is still VERY early to take that test. They don't do them here until 28 weeks.

July 23rd, 2013, 03:54 AM
Super Mommy
yea.. I'm not really bothering with them.. I just took it so they won't keep asking me if I did.. I know it's rather early for them to give it to me, but it doesn't really matter b/c I know that I don't have GD.

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
July 23rd, 2013, 04:25 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
I took a 1 hour at like 8 weeks, to be followed up by another at the normal time. Morning sickness did not help. Ewww. Good luck!
July 23rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I take my one hour early but I have a history.

I hope you pass!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 23rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Super Mommy
update posted

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
July 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
I hate those tests. The 3 hour is BRUTAL. Last pregnancy, I had to do the 2 hour (no more 1 vs 3 hour, we all do the 2 hour here) and I failed the 1 hour draw by 1 freaking point!!! Passed the other two draws, and then had to test my numbers and I was ALWAYS within guidelines, and I wasn't following the GD diet or anything. It was a PITB.

July 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I failed my 1 hr with DD (done early also) and had to do the 3 hr. The worst part is having to sit around at the dr's office for hours. I passed the 3 hr, thankfully. I had to do my 1 hr early this time, too. This time I passed, thankfully.

July 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Super Mommy
Are you saying you are going to not do the 3 hour? That can be dangerous for both you and baby if you have it and its unmanaged.
Jodimarie likes this.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
July 24th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by psboden View Post
Are you saying you are going to not do the 3 hour? That can be dangerous for both you and baby if you have it and its unmanaged.
I'll take the 3 hr test.. but depending on the results I'm not going to bother with them telling me what to eat and how to eat.. I'll do that on my own;...
psboden likes this.

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
July 24th, 2013, 06:50 AM
The reason my doc went strictly to a 2 hour was because SOOOOO many women fail the 1 hour and pass the 3 hour. It's ridiculous. The 2 hour actually has a much higher rate of accurate detection (although, as I mentioned wiht my case, I only missed by 1 point on 1 draw and it ended up being a PITB for me, but I didn't follow the diet, either, and never had an issue with my numbers after meals or fasting).

I'm SURE you will pass.

July 24th, 2013, 08:42 AM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
I would definitely stay on top of the testing. I was diagnosed really early this time, but I was borderline type 2 last year before I lost weight and got pregnant. The 3 hour definitely sucks so just remind yourself it is for health of you and your little one. You can always see if they have a small room you can rest in (they let me do that with my son in between draws).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search