Your perfect situation

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChicaChels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 05:20 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
If you could choose the most ideal situations in the following circumstances, what would they be?

Where would you deliver?

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available?

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?)

Who would be present at the birth?

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn?

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery?

July 23rd, 2013, 05:35 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Where would you deliver? Home

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? -- I'd use my midwife back in NY

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) -- Tub!

Who would be present at the birth? - DH and DS

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn? -- BF

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? -- I'd be in my home
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 23rd, 2013, 06:42 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
[QUOTE=feythful;27536268]If you could choose the most ideal situations in the following circumstances, what would they be?

Where would you deliver? home (it's not really possible because we can't find a midwife we like, and my hubbs doesnt want to UC in december because we live on a gravel road that doesnt get cared for usually unless HE does it )

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? i just see one midwife

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) tub birth, lots of friends and family there

Who would be present at the birth? my hubbs, our doula, my BFF, another girlfriend wants to watch, my Brylie & my hunter

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn? boobies

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? if i were home, forever but ideally in our situation im hoping to stay 2 days so I dont have to go home and then go back for any bloodwork .. once i get home, i want to stay home. and if im in the hospital, i can get chinese delivered anytime i want
feythful likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 23rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Where would you deliver? At my hospital with my OB

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? She is part of a group, but I've ONLY seen her in my entire 6 years of going there. One of her colleagues did deliver #3, but only because it was an emergency and she was on call and my OB wasn't nor would have been able to make it on time

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) I'm a typical hospital type of gal. I hope to not have to induce, as once I go into labor (start to feel contractions) it flies by.

Who would be present at the birth? Hubs. Doc. Nurses. and that's IT.

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn?BF

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery?Last time it as only 1 night, but this time, I may actually stay the 2 nights, depending on when I deliver. With 3 kids at home, I don't get much relaxation, and I know several of the nurses on the mother/baby wing, so I'm considering that second night of recovery

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If you could choose the most ideal situations in the following circumstances, what would they be?

Where would you deliver? Hospital~

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? I do have a favorite,but can't choose who delivers. I do however make sure its a doc and not a midwife ,due to complications in the past..I do love the midwives though

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) Tub for sure!

Who would be present at the birth? Ideally dh and if I could get a doula that wouls be great!

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn? BF

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? At least 2 days. need to get as much help as I can!
July 23rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where would you deliver? home

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? Midwife

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) Tub

Who would be present at the birth? DH, DS, Doula

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? Home, so the whole time

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 23rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where would you deliver? Home. I don't mine the size of our house, but I admit to have a little twinge of jealousy over looking at birthing pics at my midwife's of people who have LOTS of room to birth in!

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? ALWAYS!

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) I've always wanted to try a water birth, but if it were too quick that wouldn't bother me~LOL!

Who would be present at the birth? I would love a household of support.

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn? Breast.

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? Home is where my heart is! LOL!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"

Last edited by hugssandi; July 23rd, 2013 at 08:29 AM.
July 23rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Where would you deliver? For this birth, the hospital

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? I haven't even met the Dr. I'll eventually be using yet. I get refered later to a different hospital that can do vbac's. But I want one that will work with me to not end up having another c/s.

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) Just as natural as possible. I want to be able to move around this time and listen to and work with my body.

Who would be present at the birth? Just SO and the staff.

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn? The way nature intended

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? I don't mind spending a couple days! I enjoy actually being taken care of for once.
July 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Where would you deliver? Hospital

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? Dr. Chen, he delivered DD and he was awesome. He's my main OB.

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) traditional bed with a natural med free birth - actually I would want it to be like DD's birth minus the extreme pain and being induced. Labor was super fast and delivery was fast and easy.

Who would be present at the birth? husband and of course OB and nurses - no one else!!

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? 24 hours. I cannot rest in a hospital even if baby sleeps so I only want to stay as long as necessary.

July 23rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Where would you deliver? Same hospital as the first two.

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? Yes! I had him with my daughter but then had to be transferred out for a c-section to a hospital with a NICU. With my second he was on call 11 hours after birth. Grrr. Lol

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) Our rooms are nice. I would like to use the shower this time though.

Who would be present at the birth? Just DH, doc and nurses

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn? No doubt BFing

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? A week? Just kidding. Two days.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 23rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Where would you deliver? At the hospital I'm planning to deliver at.

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? There are two other doctors in my doctor's practice and a handful of other doctors at the hospital, but I really only want MY doctor delivering. She's wonderful and puts me so at ease, and she's delivered two of my friend's babies.

What would your birth look like? (birthing tub, traditional bed, induction, c-section, etc..?) Traditional hospital bed, natural with epidural.

Who would be present at the birth? Just my husband, mom waiting outside.

Assuming no complications, how would you feed your newborn? Breast feed

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? 2 days
July 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where would you deliver? At home

If you go to a group of doctors, do you have a preference of which one is available? In the perfect world, I wouldn't have any complications and would go unassisted!

What would your birth look like? A dimly lit room, bed full of pillows, birthing ball, ice water with a straw somewhere near, and a birthing tub

Who would be present at the birth? My husband, I would love DS to be there but maybe in another room being watched by someone else.

How would you feed your newborn? Boobies all the way!

How long would you spend at the delivery site for recovery? A week or 2 of not leaving the house would be fine with me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search