Oh my! A toddler's reaction to breast feeding...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By feythful
  • 1 Post By redbirds
  • 2 Post By NCRG2010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
So my oldest is two and a half. I'm not sure how much she really understands, but we've been talking about "the baby in mommy's tummy" for most of the pregnancy now.

Today, we were going over body parts as we do several times a day and when it was time to add a new one, she pointed at my breast and asked what it was. I told her it was a breast, pointed to hers and then explained that the baby in my tummy would drink milk from my breast when it got here. She said "Baby drink milk?" and pointed to them. I told her she was correct. "Emmy drink milk?" I told her that when she was a baby, she drank milk from there and so did Josie. She nods her head and then says "Daddy drink milk?" No, sweetheart. Daddy doesn't drink milk from there... Oh the things that kids say!

July 23rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol well some guys do have that fetish... lol!

My son is slightly younger then 2.5... he has a sudden interest in moms inflating boobs.

He loves to talk about the baby "brah brah"
July 23rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caeden is 22 months and often I have nurse his dinosaur when he is nursing. He says, nurse too, nurse too and puts it up to my other boob. It's hilarious.

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 23rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
I may or may not have wondered if she had seen some intimate moments between the DH and I and made a mental note to make sure we're behind closed doors in the future.

With Em I pumped for the first few months. With Josie, I nursed for 6 months, but Em was only 19 months by the time I stopped, so this is a relatively new concept for her.

July 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
oh, these kids... and the big boys (er DH/SO) are probably enthralled, too, but keep it quiet

When I was nursing my youngest, my son would walk around with a doll "nursing". I thought it was funny, and figured when he's old enough, he'll figure out that men don't get that pleasure/chore/gift (whatever you want to call it).

When I was pumping, my oldest came in (she was 4.5) and she was enthralled with the fact that I could do that. She was totally amazed that mama could make and bottle milk.
feythful likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 23rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I nursed and pumped for my youngest, the older 2 who were 3 and 5 fought over who could turn on the pump and who turned it off. And sat there the whole time watching. It was....a bit much.
July 23rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been trying to explain it to my 4 1/2 year old. She hasn't really been around it much and doesn't seem to care to learn about it. December I think she's going to learn a lot!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 23rd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well daddy doesn't normally drink milk except when he goes to that territory after said baby and gets a mouthful......

Greyson is 6 so he pretty well understands when we talk to him about it plus I have gotten 2 books (one by Joanna Cole the other I can't remember) that show him in a simple way how baby grows and eats and it shows a nursing mom!

July 23rd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lmao.

When my daughter was 2 a friend came over and was breast feeding her daughter in the couch, my daughter walked in and said mommy I want something to drink, then looked over at my friend and said but not what she's drinking lol
redbirds and feythful like this.
July 24th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRG2010 View Post
When my daughter was 2 a friend came over and was breast feeding her daughter in the couch, my daughter walked in and said mommy I want something to drink, then looked over at my friend and said but not what she's drinking lol
Oh.my.goodness.

July 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son is still boobie feeding! The fact that he'll be only 18mos when baby girl is born makes things easier. Cause he'll understand what baby's doing when she nurses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search