Stand by your man? Or, kick him to the curb? (CNN article)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By feythful
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere
  • 1 Post By lily26
  • 2 Post By Kelizah
  • 2 Post By swade66
  • 2 Post By kara74
  • 1 Post By blakesgirl09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 05:08 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wives who stood by their men - CNN.com

July 24th, 2013, 05:42 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I'm not sure there's a hard and fast rule for me. I think it would just depend on the circumstances and how well I knew my husband. I'm not sure how much the embarrassment and my pride/dignity of a public scandal would play into it, having not been in their place.

Abedin and Hilary Clinton had a lot of judgment for their choice to stay, but that's no one else's business. Without knowing what has happened in the past or what has happened between them privately, I don't think their public decisions are a good indicator of their strength as women.
summerbaby1 likes this.

July 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I noticed all the women looked like were crying and/or about to.

Err, honestly I have no idea if I would stand by... who knows of the whole background..

I mean who knows, it's always a possibility that there marriages were more of a facade- a "lets stay together for the press to portray the happy american family"

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
July 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I didn't really mean if you were a political figure. I meant if you and your DH were in that situation.

I know what I'd do, because I have already been in that position. And I kicked my ex-H straight to the curb.
summerbaby1 likes this.

July 24th, 2013, 06:45 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha, well in that case... he's gone. Hate to say it but I give people ONE chance.

You destroy my trust you're gone.

I've tried in the past to give people extra chances but all they do is walk all over me when i take them back.
anybodyinthere likes this.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
July 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
DH and I both have no tolerance for lying, cheating, whatever. We're pretty conservative people with a bit of a temper, so I can honestly say, if this were to happen to either of us, the marriage would be over, and it may be ugly

I just don't understand it. Trust is so fragile and marriage is sacred. How can someone screw with that, unless it's already over and they just need an out and to get caught?

I'm sure there are many, many circumstances to this, but the results are the same.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 24th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Kelizah's Avatar Veteran
I always said kick him to the curb, no tolerance for it, I find cheating appalling in every sense. and then my DH cheated on me, we were going through a very very very hard time, he was in the military so we got married so young and he was 3000 miles away from me at the time. WHILE these we're no excuse, I stayed and worked things out. this was 4 years ago and sometimes it still embarasses me and no one besides a handful of people know. I couldn't imagine having the world know. this all being said, I love my husband very much but if I so much as see an inappropriate text or hear something that I don't like, I will not stay. I've gone through too much pain to repeatedly put myself through it.
redbirds and summerbaby1 like this.

July 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
*** you. Good bye!

It would take a lot for me to give a second chance. Though by friend did and her relationship is better because of it.

Now that Wiener wife...she is a dope. LOL
redbirds and bundle2baby like this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My gut reaction is to divorce. But truthfully, my husband is also father to my 4 kids. It would totally depend on the situation. Like..a one time indiscretion? Multiple and lengthy? I think I might try to get over it if I could. But boy it would be he**.
July 24th, 2013, 08:28 AM
LOLOL "Wiener wife" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

And why does his name have to be "Wiener"...KWIM?

The political family that floors me the most is the Clintons. Hillary is a ballbuster. I can't believe she didn't do a huge mic drop and walk off with middle fingers in the air and then STILL pursue her own political career. I would have dropped his *** so fast!

July 24th, 2013, 09:35 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
If you had asked me a few years ago, I would have said drop him. But then, I was the one who strayed for a short period of time a few years ago. I never met the guy in person and that was probably what saved us, but the fact was that we had BOTH contributed to the break down in our relationship and we both worked through it. We almost never talk about it and I've felt guilty for nearly throwing away this relationship, but I don't think it's a black and white area for me anymore.

July 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have to actually find myself in that position to know what I'd do.
ImVictorious and bundle2baby like this.

July 24th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
Now that Wiener wife...she is a dope.

July 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's definitely a grey area, no doubt about it. My husband had a drug problem before we met. I really didn't know anything about it nor the extent of it until several months into our whirlwind relationship. At the time, I was going through a custody battle with my ex and he was standing by my side throughout everything and all of the sudden I could tell something was different. He had started using again, prescription drugs, not anything crazy, but drugs all the same. I told him that we had no choice but to end things because I had a little girl and I couldn't put her in a situation like that. He did not meet my little girl until we had been together over a year. Not one time. If she was there, he was not and vise versa. After I told him the first time that we would have to end things, he cleaned up and we stayed together. He had a few relapses during that first year, which is most of the reason that he never met my daughter but I loved him and knew he could change and be a better man for it. I was right. He is a completely changed man and our relationship is much stronger today than it would have been had we not gone through all of that in the beginning. I know this is a not the same as the stories above but it's similar, I just felt like I needed to say that. You can't always judge a book by it's cover and you can NEVER judge someone until you've walked in their shoes. Things just aren't always as cut and dry as they seem.
feythful likes this.

July 24th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
Not sure. If it happened more than once his butt is gone. I can say he's outta here if he does it once but you never know until your in that situation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search