O/T Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 05:15 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
....yes, no, possibly?

I never have till I moved in with DF. This house definitely has some weird/strange stuff going on. He's had several instances of hearing people come in the front door and go upstairs (hearing footsteps and chattering) only to go upstairs to an empty room and find the front door locked.

Yesterday was especially interesting though.

My friend that's staying with us mentioned to me yesterday "you know your house is haunted right?"

It kind of caught me off guard but I wondered if she had experienced anything strange upstairs. She's grown up in a couple of houses that were haunted if I've ever seen one. They had a particularly bothersome presence at one point that slammed a window open so hard it shattered, and her older brother was having his hair pulled and waking up with mysterious scratches on his back and chest.

I told her about the first time I took a shower upstairs and saw it/a shadow/something dart from one side of the room to the other. I prefer to shower downstairs when home alone now lol. There have also been cases of the dogs barking and growling at absolutely nothing, and a couple times when they have followed me everywhere (when they usually prefer to lay around and be lazy)

Anyways yesterday she mentioned hearing someone jog up the stairs, seeing a shadow at the top, which quickly disappeared and went back down. She said she also felt a few chillbumb inducing breezes, which is nearly impossible upstairs because it's always stuffy. Last night she and I were playing the WII and we both heard the baby crying upstairs...she ran upstairs to find him sound asleep-he hadn't even moved since she laid him down. Later that night I went from fine to suddenly having a minor panic attack with all these troubling/anxious thoughts that something was going to happen to DF or the baby-I could chalk that up to stress or hormones idk, just thought it was really strange since I hadn't had a panic attack in a really long time.

Sooo opinions? anyone ever experienced things that go bump in the night?

July 25th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Woooo! I got chills just reading that lol I definitely believe in ghosts and have always found ghost stories/books/movies really interesting. I have never had any experience with any though. I would like to visit a haunted house but I would have to move right away if I lived in one, I scare really easily and am home alone a lot lol you are very brave!

July 25th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Lol no I'm really not, I want it to leave or at least chill the you know what out. I'm actually trying to figure out the property history and past owners right now and see if anything unusual happened here. I have work cut out for me, this house was built in 1910!

July 25th, 2013, 06:20 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't NOT believe in them but I've never seen one so I'm not real sure what to think. DH on the other hand, is absolutely fascinated by anything paranormal. We actually traveled to Jerome, Arizona back in April to visit the Jerome Grand Hotel and take the tours. They actually outfit you with EMF Detectors and a thermal camera and take you on a tour of the entire hotel. There are serious happenings that go on there, it's super creepy!!! That hotel has been featured on Ghost Adventures. It was interesting to say the least. The pictures we took, definitely contain orbs but I've chalked it all up to dust. Other than that, we didn't catch anything!

July 25th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
I also believe in the paranormal. I'm absolutely fascinated with the paranormal, even though I'm a HUGE chicken I would run out screaming if anything ever happened to me. We do have a picture when I was younger fishing up north and you can clearly see a womans ghostly face in the trees... Super spooky!!
Jodimarie likes this.

July 25th, 2013, 09:04 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SO loves anything to do with the paranormal.

Me?? I'm not a 100% sure... I do think they are around us. I've heard a couple really interesting psychic readings *from people I personally know that went to see one alone* where they say "someones here" and the someone there is someone they know that has passed away. The messages the psychic tells through them is stuff that usually only my friends know too... i've always been interested to see one.

I've never expirenced anything too out of the ordinary, I'm always the person that when they go into a dark room alone that tells herself "theres nothing here, please don't show yourself" haha.
Theres been a few times over the years where i've gotten really random eerie feelings being a few places. A few times while either driving, or being a passanger late night... I swear that i've seen people walk out into the middle of the road that aren't there when I blink again. I kind of chalk that up to being either tired, or my minds playing tricks. I dont know.

I've also been to places that considered haunted, but I've never felt/seen anything. maybe they just don't like me HAHA.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
July 25th, 2013, 03:39 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be the first to say I don't believe in them at all

July 25th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I do. Once you have an experience you're a believer for sure!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2013, 06:25 AM
I'm going to sound like I'm completely insane for this but I wish I was making this s*** up. Things have gone from a lil creepy to just downright insanity. Last night DF and I were going to go to bed and he pulled back the comforter and there was a huge circle (about 3 ft in width) of urine on the bed. The creepy part? The door was closed all day and there was no way the dogs could have done this. The baby wasn't even on the bed and no one had been in there since I had gotten up that morning. It was so big it looked like a grown man had just peed in our bed. Again, I feel nuts for posting this.
So while our sheets are in the wash, my friend comes downstairs with the baby and she's really freaked out. Apparently she had laid him down on the bed propped up by pillows while she went to brush her teeth. She came out of the bathroom to find him all the way on the other side of the room---and he can't crawl yet. Yesterday was a bad day for lil man he was getting sick and just projectile puking every time he ate, was crying a lot and didn't want to eat. He fell asleep and she tried to wake him up to eat but he wasn't responding to anything that we did, so we took him to the ER. While he was in the ER he woke up and everything was fine. So glad he is ok, but I couldn't for the life of me understand why in the heck he wouldn't wake up at the house.
I'm starting to get really freaked out. It seems like every day it's something different and the creepy stuff is probably making the other stuff seem connected....I dont really know. I just know whatever, whoever it is I want it GONE.

July 26th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I feel for you!! I am very interested in the paranormal, specifically ghosts. I love watching shows like My Ghost Story and Paranormal Witness and hearing about people's experiences with the paranormal, but I do not want to experience it for myself. Supposedly, the building I work in is haunted. One time I walked into the break room and heard someone say "hello" and no one else was around - this is a very common occurence, but that's the only thing I've ever encountered. I would be terrified to have activity in my home. I always say that when we move, I want to make the sellers sign a notorized statement saying that the house is NOT haunted. Living in a haunted house is one of my biggest fears. Good luck! I hope you resolve your problems soon. Maybe look into having a medium come to the house? They may be able to give you some answers and maybe even help the spirit cross over.
July 26th, 2013, 08:22 AM
FDwife&mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to FDwife&mama
Lurking from EDD Jan. 2014--you could always go get a priest...they are usually more than willing to get rid of evil spirits in a building. i know mine does. just a thought.

or call TAPS. hehe love that show!
July 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
wow sorry to hear summerbaby try burning sage around the entire house to release the bad energies. if you buy a bushell? of it at the farmers market and dry it out, then smudge it, or i think you can also try burning it like incense. look it up online, ive found places that sell sage incense too online although you can probably get some at your local metaphysical store.

I have a friend who does this everytime she moves into a new place, shes very new age-y. not that I blame her for doing it because I defiantly believe in things like crystals and aromatherapy myself.

like fd above said, you can try a priest too,

July 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM
My friend that's living with us right now, her parents have eperience investigating paranormal activity. We bought a digital voice recorder tonight and if we muster up the courage may try to see if we can get an EVP tonight and may shed some light on whether this is something trying to mess with us or something trying to hurt us. I'm also going to take some pictures upstairs. I guess we'll see what happens. If this stuff persists, we're going to ask it to leave, probably pray and sage is definitely a good idea. If ALL this fails then last resort I'm going to hire someone to cleanse the house. I sent a message to a paranormal investigation team today to ask for their advice about it.
Jodimarie likes this.

July 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm lurking from Jan too. I find it fascinating, but I would be terrified if I ever moved into a haunted house!. Apparently this house is haunted and many people have walked past my house and have enjoyed informing me. But I've lived here 12 years and have never seen or heard as anything. If I ever did I would move straight away!!

[/url]
July 28th, 2013, 02:16 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never been a believer, but I'm fascinated! AND I want peace for you and yours.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
July 28th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's crazy!!!! I couldn't deal. When I was younger the house we moved into had a man who passed in my bedroom before we moved in. I kept telling my mother about a friend I made in the house , and when I was describing him my grandmother said oh that's the guy who lived here before. My mother was freaaaaaaked out lol
July 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have really convoluted beliefs about this. lol You're talking to a woman who feels the presence of her dead baby girl often. I don't consider her a "ghost" though. She doesn't haunt. She visits. And she is not the lease bit malevolent at all, and other than my children when very small reacting to an empty wall, there's been no physical manifestation of her. I just "feel" her.

As for the other kind, well...I lived in a haunted apartment once. There were some very freaky things happening. My best friend and I were living together and at one point we both woke up at the same time. I woke up with that panic-induced breathlessness and she saw the figure of a man standing at the end of her bed for a second or two. That apartment had actually been blessed by a bishop 3 separate times, and it didn't stop until we moved EVERY LAST THING out of the apartment. Whatever it was seemed to have been connected to something left by a previous tenant rather than the location itself.

I don't know whether I believe the malevolent ones are the spirits of actual people who have died, or if they're something else altogether, but I do believe that there's *something.* I hope you can get some peace with it though. I believe that the living are stronger though, by virtue of actually, you know, being alive. Good luck.

July 28th, 2013, 10:24 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ummm i totally wish i hadnt opened this right before bed. i believe people who have passed try to get messages to us...like in dreams or something, but that's it. beyond that. nope. butterflies and rainbows! (now somebody get me a whole bottle of tylenol PM cuz i wont be sleeping tonight!!!!)

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 28th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Veteran
I certainly believe. Our house has been in dh family
Since being built in the 1860s I've heard walking felt people watching me our attic door opened up the opposite way its supposed to. My dh thought my brother and I were crazy til one night he seen a figure in our doorway he ran to our room slammed the door and locked it I asked what was wring he told me and got mad because I laughed at him. When my daughter was little she would always stare off and around 2 she would talk about having cookies with grandpa I just thought she was talking about my fil because my dad died in 07 and u never talked about him because we never got along and he never was around. Well one day I came axrossed some pictures of my dad and dd says hey its grandpa he likes cookies. I just about tipped over. My brother has seen my dad all he got up one a.m. for work seen my dad in the hall way and yelled not now im late fir work and he disappeared.between my brother and I we know he's around. My brothers gf went to a psychic medium and she told her that there is a young man in her home ans ny father goes between my brother and I also there is an elderly couple in my home. My father is said to be trying to make ammends I don't know but Istill get really creeped out lol
July 29th, 2013, 01:06 AM
jw, that reminded me of a story someone told.
A friend told me that they had a grandma who they called a certian name, but it was a name only her family knew.. she passed aloooong time ago. Her daughter is like 2 or 3 and started saying the name.. she'd stare off and say "grandma owl". She had never talked to her daughter or her dh about her grandma.

my grandpa loved to feed the birds and watch them. After he passed I started seeing a bird with a red chest whenever there was turbulence in my life. (it was his favourite). I liked to think it was him, pointing me in the direction to go... or just for comfort. OOf course it could be coincidence and they've always been around, just never noticed. Recently, I was told of my grandpa's past.. it was pretty bad. I haven't seen that bird since.

my stepmom told me that she's seen my mother...and she didn't know what mu mom looked like at the time until she saw a pic..It bothered me for some reason but Truthfully though, if someone actually made there prescence known to me... i might pee myself lol because sometimes I get nasty nightmares from paranormal movies or shows even.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search