Students???

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 01:31 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really concerned about the next 2 semesters and would like to know how other mama's are going to pull school off for the next year!!

I have 8 classes left to finish my degree. I am currently enrolled in 4 for the Fall semester (8/27-12/13). They are all online, which I'm grateful for, but we are talking: English, Math, Psychology, and a Health class (PE Credit). I'm not so much paranoid about the school work as I am finals. I will have a scheduled C-section on December 2nd and finals will be the following week. It really doesn't seem that I have anything to be concerned with, I guess I'm just nervous!!

In the Spring, I will have to attend 2 actual classes and take 2 online. I will still need another English (online), small business management (online), Public Speaking and another PE credit, which will both have to be physically attended.

How are you other Student Mama's planning on pulling it off??

July 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ive been a student since brylie was born, this past year was nursing school. it wasn't easy but it was doable. the good news is, your baby will be so little he won't care that you're gone. it's MUCH harder when they are older and cry "mommy dont leave me" and cling to your leg. and it's harder when they are too big to plop on your boob while you study. i dont think a baby will be a huge problem, unless he sleeps really terribly the night before an exam or something hang in there! its doable!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 25th, 2013, 01:46 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was pursuing my master's when I was pregnant the first time. I took 3 classes the spring semester (I was due in Sept) and it was HARD. I was so tired and my concentration level just wasn't there. I did not take summer or fall classes that year--I actually haven't been back to finish and I really only need like 4 more classes, I just can't seem to find a way to make it work. I don't know if I could do it, but I am guessing that you are working on your bachelor's...which is less stressful but still time consuming. I wouldn't be super worried about the C-section part, but I would for sure talk to your teachers and see if you can maybe do something earlier? What if you go into natural labor before Dec 2nd? It's best to have a plan, for sure. Once that baby comes you are going to be very preoccupied!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 25th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I finished grad school after DS was born. I had all night classes (6-10pm) so it made it easier
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am there with you! I have 2 semester left in my Masters....2 classes and an internship for Fall August 26th-December 10th and then one class and one internship for Spring January-May. I am so worried about not doing my classes but doing my internship! There is no wiggle room for missing anything...not sure what I am going to do if the baby comes earlier than the last week of classes.

July 25th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
I'm with ya too! I have 8 classes this semester and due december 18th.. I spoke to an advisor who told me as long as I'm on good terms, if anything happens I could take my exams at a different time. I'm super nervous about 2nd semester, though. I haven't quite organized it out but hopefully I can take some online course and a couple in class.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search