Log In Sign Up

Newborn Cloth diaper stash


Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By eilla05
  • 2 Post By n8tsmomma
  • 1 Post By CherryLimeade
  • 1 Post By DavidandJaidonsmomma
  • 1 Post By SweetiePeas

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
July 25th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,007
Had to share with someone who is baby excited Missing from the picture is 5 Kissaluvs size 0 fitteds.


screen capture

Cloth diaper mommas share your fluff!
feythful, bajars2531 and hugssandi like this.
__________________
Allie

Reply With Quote
  #2  
July 25th, 2013, 10:40 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 918
This is my full stash of Goodmamas as of about a month ago. The newborn stash is still current though I am working on selling some and have a couple on special order that are Christmas themed. Missing from the newborn stash would be 2 lil Joey's in the whale print, a grovia AIO, and a x small FuzziBunz. My onesize goodmama stash seems to change every couple days but I also have 36 prefolds, 12 flats, 20ish covers, and some FuzziBunz OS that I can't seem to sell no matter how hard I try.



Saying I am addicted would be an understatement.
eilla05 and hugssandi like this.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
July 25th, 2013, 10:44 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,060
My first 2 girly newborn goodmamas are coming in Saturday! But we'll be out of town I have like 24 newborn prefolds, and 1 cover.. so I need to buy more covers. But I'm buying fabric soon to sew my own fitteds and All in 2s, OS and newborn. Yay! I've already made my son 2 dipes. I may just knit her some woolies for covers, too. I'm knitting some for my son to try them out on first! I have to pretty much double my stash for 2 babies in cloth lol. Gah that was a mouthful.

Goodmamas! <3 I wish I could afford a full goodmama stash, but alas I cannot. I'm satisfying myself by making fitteds and all in twos that are pretty much the same fit, though.
feythful likes this.
__________________










Reply With Quote
  #4  
July 25th, 2013, 11:06 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 918
A majority of my stash I got used for super cheap the rest Was either the super grab bag deal (most of which have been traded or sold) or bought one at a time. I did jump on getting the other two Cinderella diapers to complete my set and I am running an event in designers. I need to start working more overtime to afford them or they are going to start being sold. I wish I could sew my own but I suck at sewing.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
July 26th, 2013, 09:15 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,629
This will be my first child that I cloth diaper. I plan to buy some GMD newborn prefolds today and a plain cover (not sure what brand) since I don't know the gender yet. That will be the beginning of my stash. I need to catch up!
__________________

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

Reply With Quote
  #6  
July 26th, 2013, 09:49 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8tsmomma View Post
A majority of my stash I got used for super cheap the rest Was either the super grab bag deal (most of which have been traded or sold) or bought one at a time. I did jump on getting the other two Cinderella diapers to complete my set and I am running an event in designers. I need to start working more overtime to afford them or they are going to start being sold. I wish I could sew my own but I suck at sewing.
I'm seriously a beginner at sewing, and it wasn't too difficult. I looked up youtube videos and stuff like that so I knew exactly what to do before I even started. And then I just go really slow lol. But I usually end up taking some stitches out cause I'm a perfectionist.. All of my goodmamas were grab bags too! Well, that, and a 28ppd nip, and a few of my son's diapers I bought used.
__________________










Reply With Quote
  #7  
July 26th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandJaidonsmomma View Post
This will be my first child that I cloth diaper. I plan to buy some GMD newborn prefolds today and a plain cover (not sure what brand) since I don't know the gender yet. That will be the beginning of my stash. I need to catch up!
My recommendation would be Rumparooz size newborn and thirsties XS or duo size 1. Are you going to use prefolds only? I am going to use a mixture but mostly All in ones and prefolds.
__________________
Allie

Reply With Quote
  #8  
July 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilla05 View Post
My recommendation would be Rumparooz size newborn and thirsties XS or duo size 1. Are you going to use prefolds only? I am going to use a mixture but mostly All in ones and prefolds.
My plan is to start with prefolds and covers and try out the other options to figure out what works best for me since this is all new to me. I was going to make my first purchase online today, but I found out there is actually a shop with a wide variety of cds on my way home from work
feythful likes this.
__________________

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

Reply With Quote
  #9  
July 26th, 2013, 03:01 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLimeade View Post
I'm seriously a beginner at sewing, and it wasn't too difficult. I looked up youtube videos and stuff like that so I knew exactly what to do before I even started. And then I just go really slow lol. But I usually end up taking some stitches out cause I'm a perfectionist.. All of my goodmamas were grab bags too! Well, that, and a 28ppd nip, and a few of my son's diapers I bought used.
I don't REALLY suck at sewing I have actually made some covers and they came out awesome. About a year ago I made about a million napkins for my best friends wedding and the tension got messed up on my sewing machine somehow while doing them. I have been fighting for months with it being too tight or loose and can't fix it. I got frustrated eventually and gave up.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #10  
July 26th, 2013, 04:27 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,629
So I found out there was a family owned store with tons of cloth diapers and went after work. I'm so glad I went there instead of ordering online because the things I thought I wanted changed once I could see and touch everything. Since I still dont know the gender I bought a thirsties duo size 1 in white and a half dozen Indian prefolds. I dont think I care for AIOs. I'm so excited now!
__________________

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

Reply With Quote
  #11  
July 26th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandJaidonsmomma View Post
So I found out there was a family owned store with tons of cloth diapers and went after work. I'm so glad I went there instead of ordering online because the things I thought I wanted changed once I could see and touch everything. Since I still dont know the gender I bought a thirsties duo size 1 in white and a half dozen Indian prefolds. I dont think I care for AIOs. I'm so excited now!
I LOVE all in ones....so easy especially when you go out of the house. I love prefolds as well though and they are the cheapest and most bullet proof option. Assuming you will want to wash every other day you are going to need about 24-30 prefolds! With all I have I am still worried I won't have enough! Considering ordering some more prefolds or simplex I just can't decide which!
__________________
Allie

Reply With Quote
  #12  
July 26th, 2013, 07:32 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilla05 View Post
I LOVE all in ones....so easy especially when you go out of the house. I love prefolds as well though and they are the cheapest and most bullet proof option. Assuming you will want to wash every other day you are going to need about 24-30 prefolds! With all I have I am still worried I won't have enough! Considering ordering some more prefolds or simplex I just can't decide which!
My goal is to have at least 3 dozen prefolds. I'm not sure how many covers yet (what would you suggest). I plan to get at least one or two AIOs and fitteds to see how I like them, but I'm a minimalist and prefolds are more my price range/cup of tea.
__________________

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

Reply With Quote
  #13  
July 27th, 2013, 08:42 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,033
I am jealous of those pics!!!! I have a stash of prefolds from Wallypop (I've mostly used prefolds~so economical!) I bought for my last baby with my birthday money that year. Funny thing, I suddenly didn't want to cloth diaper anymore. Glad I saved them after planning to pass them on many times, because I'm excited to use them this time!
__________________
More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!~ Mrs. James Hendry

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
July 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandJaidonsmomma View Post
My goal is to have at least 3 dozen prefolds. I'm not sure how many covers yet (what would you suggest). I plan to get at least one or two AIOs and fitteds to see how I like them, but I'm a minimalist and prefolds are more my price range/cup of tea.
I would suggest 5-6 covers just to be on the safe side. You will most likely use 2-3 a day. If you want to save money I would say get the Thirsties duo size 1 as they will last a long long time! I have never really understood the fitted thing....I bought a ton of Goodmama's with Greyson and sold them all. My go to's are AIO's and prefolds. I got the Kissaluvs fitteds because people say they are good for newborns. But I won't be buying many more!
__________________
Allie

Reply With Quote
  #15  
July 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Nice stash! I have to get started on mine, though I won't need as many as you all because I will only CD part time. AIO are my favorite! have a great consignment shop I am going to see if they still have any in. They did the last time, but dummy me didn't buy them.
eilla05 likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
July 27th, 2013, 07:15 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilla05 View Post
I would suggest 5-6 covers just to be on the safe side. You will most likely use 2-3 a day. If you want to save money I would say get the Thirsties duo size 1 as they will last a long long time! I have never really understood the fitted thing....I bought a ton of Goodmama's with Greyson and sold them all. My go to's are AIO's and prefolds. I got the Kissaluvs fitteds because people say they are good for newborns. But I won't be buying many more!
I was thinking 6-8 so I think I am on the right track. I watched all the Cloth Diapering 101 videos on Youtube by Naturally Thrifty Mom and I think I do need to invest in either AIOs or pockets for family and daycare. I was excited to find out there is actually a cd friendly daycare near where I am moving, but I still want to make it as simple as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetiePeas View Post
Nice stash! I have to get started on mine, though I won't need as many as you all because I will only CD part time. AIO are my favorite! have a great consignment shop I am going to see if they still have any in. They did the last time, but dummy me didn't buy them.
Are you cd'ing part time due to work?
__________________

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0