Ugh... Feeling so down.

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Savannah_Brie's Avatar Regular
So, as most of you may know, my husband is currently deployed and I've been fortunate enough to be able to talk to him just about everyday, but I've really been missing him a lot lately. Its hard seeing all these posts about daddys being able to feel their babies movements forthe first time and daddys going to appointments and such. It breaks my heart that he's missing out on all of this. Still hoping and praying that he's home in time for Raiden's birth. I just hope you all never take what you have for granted.
July 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're feeling down. (((hugs))) I can imagine it's very hard to go through this alone (physically, not emotionally). I hope that he is able to be home for the birth. That will make the experience extra special for both of you.

My husband was working out of state for half of my last pregnancy so I kind of know how you're feeling. It was hard only being able to talk to him over the phone and not be able to share day to day activities with him. I am very grateful that he's here for everything this time. Not taking that for granted at all.

July 26th, 2013, 07:01 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I hate these situations. You (military families in general) make so many sacrifices! Bless you and your husband for his work.

I can't imagine how difficult it may be, and I hope he is home for those last wonderful moments and the birth. ((HUGS))

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 26th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
Thank you and your husband so much, for his service and your sacrifice. ((Hugs))

I'm sorry it's so hard on you.
July 27th, 2013, 05:54 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am sorry you are feeling down.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
July 27th, 2013, 06:35 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this makes me sad. I am sorry you have to go through this without him.

ill pray for you he stays safe and will be home intime, how exciting that would be!!

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
July 27th, 2013, 06:42 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The great news is that he is interested and is as involved as he can be.

My ex-husband was all gung ho about having a baby until I was pregnant. Then he lost all interest in both of us.

Just remember, your lucky too and somewhere someone is jealous of you too.
Savannah_Brie and Betts like this.
July 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry he not able to be here now. Like the PP said, he cares and wants to be involved. Military families sacrifice so much for us! Thank you for that!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 27th, 2013, 09:45 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please know I appreciate your husband and the sacrifice of your family. I'm so sorry for the hardship~I cannot imagine and recognize the difficulty! If we were neighbors, you might not get rid of me....
feythful and Savannah_Brie like this.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
July 27th, 2013, 11:03 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
Awww, so sorry you're going through this. My sister-n-law had the same situation for her second son and it was so hard. Thankfully my mother-n-law was able to stay with her and help out as much as possible. Praying during this time that you'd have plenty of support by family and friends that are nearby. And, also praying that your hubby will make it home in time!
Savannah_Brie likes this.

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

July 27th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry you are feeling down. My heart goes out to you. Military spouses don't get enough credit for what they go through. I thank you, your DH and your family for all you do and go through!! Hang in there sweetie!!
TTC #1 since 7/2011

Make a pregnancy ticker

IVF
Retreival 3/15
15 eggs
13 fertilized w/icsi
Transferred one blast 3/20
9 frosties
Beta # 1 8dp5dt 3/28-132!!!!
Beta #2 12dp5dt 4/1-868!!!
Spotting 4/12
Beta #3 23dp5dt 4/12-47,000
U/S-4/23 measured 7 wks 6 days; 162 HB!

July 27th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Thank you guys so much. I love that everyone is so supportive on these boards. On a lighter note, I only have about 2 more months in the Army and I plan on trying out this stay at home mommy thing while I finish school. Pretty excited about being able to stay at home with my baby December is going to be a great month... I get my son and my husband... This holiday season is going to be the best I've ever had.
feythful, lily26 and Tarheelbluii like this.
July 27th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! It sucks when your spouse can't be around all the time I am thankful that at least I get to see mine a few times a month for a few days....I wish you could have the same.

July 27th, 2013, 08:56 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are both military?? Is your husband Army as well? Again, thank you both so much for what you do and I can't wait to hear the reunion story!!!

July 27th, 2013, 09:24 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah_Brie View Post
Pretty excited about being able to stay at home with my baby December is going to be a great month... I get my son and my husband... This holiday season is going to be the best I've ever had.
See, so try to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel! Sounds like a great holiday season for sure!!!

July 27th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
You are both military?? Is your husband Army as well? Again, thank you both so much for what you do and I can't wait to hear the reunion story!!!
Yes, we are both in the Army.
I constantly dream of the day he comes home. Always brings a tear to my eye.
Its crazy how the things that once annoyed you about them become the things you miss the most.
I miss him leaving his clothes and spit bottles all over the place... Sucks having a spotless house. lol
July 28th, 2013, 09:13 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband has spit bottles too and it makes me sick on a daily basis but I don't know what is do if they weren't there for me to pick up every day. Your strength amazes me!!

July 28th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Veteran
First off I want to say thank you too you for sharing your husband with this country. Try just focusing on when you will be all together as a family. Sending prayers and strength your way
July 28th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
My husband has spit bottles too and it makes me sick on a daily basis but I don't know what is do if they weren't there for me to pick up every day. Your strength amazes me!!
Girl... I never thought I would miss those spit bottles so much in my life. lol Im sure when he gets home itll get on my nerves again after a while, but I'd give anything to see a nasty spit bottle on the coffee table again
July 28th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran
My husband served two tours in Iraq and afghan...so I totally feel you girl! Just try to keep him as involved as you can and always remember that time always passes! Does he have much longer over there?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search