Anyone else still scared? Advice please!

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Oriyan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
I am not sure why, possibly my history with losses, but I am 21 weeks and still terrified of something bad happening. Is anyone else still having trouble with this as well?
I go for my anatomy scan in 2 weeks, and I am so scared/anxious it is physically making me sick.
Any advice for how to calm down and just enjoy this?

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

August 2nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No advice. I'm on number 5 and I still get nervous. I just try not to think about being pregnant lol
August 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I still worry a lot too, thats probably why I have to hear his heartbeat first thing in the morning and right before bed lol I dont think we'll ever stop worrying about our babies

August 2nd, 2013, 11:15 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only had one loss at 6 weeks. I know a loss can happen any time but if it does happen prior to 24 weeks, not much can be done so I don't worry too much. I just hope all goes well and leave it at that.

August 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I still worry and get nervous, but I try not to let it effect me. I just keep thinking "Ok in 10 days, I hit viability" "In 1 months, I hit the 80% mark for survival if born" So forth and so on.
HorseGal likes this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
August 2nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((hugs))) I think its part of the mommy in us that's wants to protect our baby. I can honestly say , I just try and take it day by day. I am sure everythings fine. I find it more comforting now that I can feel baby moving a little more regular.
August 2nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
I am the same way..I'm a FTM and I'm stressing about not being healthy enough, stress-free enough etc etc. I'm still freaked out. I just want to hear the heartbeat again. It bothers me that I'm almost 19 weeks and still not feeling any consistent movement yet I just need some reassurance!

August 2nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yep, that's me. And since mine was at the end, my anxiety just heightens as I go along.

Basically, I just make myself breathe deeply and tell myself "As far as I know, everything is okay right now."

I also have to just remember it's out of my control. I do what I can to keep myself healthy, but other than that, I have NO CONTROL over what happens. So I just have to let go of that.

August 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
((HUGS)) I think being anxious is normal and I hope you can enjoy the moments where you are assured everything is OK. I have some major milestones that I keep my eye on, too... Next big one is viability... I think it helps keep those milestones in mind, and focus on the good of pregnancy (movement, especially). I hope this eases for you! If the anxiety gets to be pretty bad, you may want to talk to your OB about it, as there is something they may be able to prescribe to help.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Super Mommy
I'm right there with you. I'm scared, because anything can happen at anytime. I'm not really in control of the situation. But I just keep praying it all goes well. I've had several scares along the way. So my next milestone is 25 weeks. Only thing I can do is hope for the best.

August 2nd, 2013, 10:49 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its so hard when you can't see them, or physically assess them. this is the most ive worried in a pregnancy, just because of the 2 vessel cord, but i try not to think about it.

Honestly, I'm personally way more calm in pregnancy than I am when they are earth side. I feel like my womb is the safest place baby will EVER be. I can kind of protect him. He's always with me, I know exactly what he's being exposed to....I can control more when he's inside than I can when he's outside.

Once the kid comes out...I worry constantly...anytime I'm away from my kids and the caretaker calls, I'm certain one of my kids is dead or dying. It's awful. I just don't like not being able to take care of them and protect them.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 3rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Kelizah's Avatar Veteran
I get like this at times, I've had one loss at 5 weeks and it kind of messed me up because of the situation I was in at the time. I feel almost..guilty? silly? for worrying this time, especially with the losses and hard pregnancies in this group and just everywhere. It's been a relatively easy-going pregnancy so far, I'm healthy-baby's healthy. So I have to remind myself, he's good.. im good, we'll be ok.. just another day done and closer to him out in the world driving me crazy.. in a good way lol

August 3rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
I was fine until I started having my issues a few weeks ago, now I am a total mess. The anxiety and depression comes and goes and I try to stay distracted which helps a little. We all just have to hang in there and put it all in God's hands...of course this is much easier said than done. But, still that is what I try to do every day, several times a day.

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

August 3rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I've been having a tough time with the anxiety. I think a lot of it is having tried for so long and getting lucky with twins, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I contracted a stomach bug this week and all but convinced myself I was having a miscarriage. And before I went for my anatomy scan I had this big fear that we'd go in and there would be no heartbeats, but we went and they were healthy and active. I think not feeling the movement is a huge thing. I'm still not feeling anything, and even now knowing the genders, it still doesn't feel real to me. I think you just have to chalk it up to knowing you're a good mom, because you wouldn't have these fears if you weren't. Hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search