Maternity photos

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2013, 05:33 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whose getting them done, and when... and I need some help.

First I will say that I really regret not getting any done with my first pregnancy. So I strongly encourage everyone to get some done!

Here's my question: When should I get them done? The issue I'm trying to take into account is I get a HUGE belly so i think i should get them done earlier then normal so the main focus of the picture isn't "omg her belly is huge" and more the whole picture.
August 3rd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I never have gotten them done. I do have a photographer friend who does maternity shots, so I'll ask her.

August 3rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ive had them done both times. one of my BFF is a photographer, so she does stuff for us for really cheap we get pictures taken quite a lot because she likes to use my kids for promotions...so ill definitely get them done this time...maybe in oct when the leaves are really pretty. whenever she tells me to be somewhere

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 3rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
This is my photographer friend's answer
Quote:
My opinion is to do them whenever you're comfortable doing them. From the end of your second trimester to the middle of your third is a great window. A lot of times, women find themselves more comfortable in their skin during that window. there is no wrong time though, I've done maternity pictures mere weeks or days before a due date.
HorseGal likes this.

August 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Savannah_Brie's Avatar Regular
I booked my maternity shoot for October 19th I figure by 33 weeks my belly will be huge and Im excited for the colors of fall.
August 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Veteran
I've never had em and I won't be getting them done .. My homemade belly pics r good enough

August 3rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did them with my first and will definitely be getting them again. I think we had ours at 34 weeks. Our photographer suggested we not wait much longer than that since you start getting uncomfy and stuff after that. For us that was the perfect time.

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing them in the fall when the leaves change. My sister is trying to build her portfolio so she's doing them for me for free.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 4th, 2013, 02:03 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Never have, but I so wanted a mold with my first baby! Didn't happen. Now I'm so heavy I can't imagine doing pics or a mold.

Well, I have a few impromptu pics taken at my in-laws by my BIL during my first pregnancy, if they count. I do like them!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
August 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had them done and don't plan to. I think I have at least one pregnant pic of myself from each pregnancy. I don't particularly love how I look pregnant. The belly is ok but the other bloating I don't love.

August 4th, 2013, 08:18 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like Brittanie's friends answer.

If I can find a photographer for on the cheaper side who can do them tastefully outside *i've seen some really bad ones done on some of those bad photography sites* I think I might want too..

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search