Your DH/SO..

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
We've talked a little about us, let's talk a little about the men in our lives...

What does your DH/SO do for a living/job?

How tall is he? (how tall are you?)

How old is he?

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his?

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 5th, 2013, 03:15 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? Electrician, but it's been a very hard work year.

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 5'11", but his arm span is 6" longer! Everyone thinks he is tall. I am 5'5".

How old is he? 44

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? I swear I married him for his dimples~LOL! None of the kids have them yet....

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? None of us parents are handy. Just would bless their lives to have these abilities we don't possess!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
August 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He's an Electrical Engineer working for the military

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 6'4" (I'm 5'2")

How old is he? 30

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? His practicality and calm nature

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? I hope that my little ones are a bit more emotionally expressive than he is.

August 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He is a machinist

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 6' (I'm 5'5)

How old is he? 33

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? He's very thoughtful and likes to surprise me. He's also a very hard worker and is very detail oriented

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? He's a doddler, and because he pays careful attention to detail, it often takes him forever to finish anything
August 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
LOL. I love reading about these guys!

What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He's a teacher at our local high school

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 6' (I'm 6'1")

How old is he? 45

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? He's quite creative and very much a trouble shooter.

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? Very little self discipline. He just wanders off, sometimes, too, no matter what he's doing. DRIVES ME NUTS.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've talked a little about us, let's talk a little about the men in our lives...

What does your DH/SO do for a living/job?Construction worker at an emergancy restoration company

How tall is he? (how tall are you?)5'9" I'm 5'3"

How old is he?34

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his?sense of humor, his calm nature

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit?sometimes he gets too into his video games

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
August 5th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He's a GeoAnalyst for an oil & gas company. Basically he makes maps

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 6'3" or so (I'm 5'7")

How old is he? 32

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? I love his eyes (which they all have so far). He's also a really hard worker and pretty dependable.

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? The man can NOT be on time for the life of him. He doesn't know how to hurry. Patrick and Allison both got this trait.

August 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM
mamakelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He's a wheat/corn/Milo farmer and a cattle rancher

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 6'1" or so (I'm 5'7")

How old is he? 29

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? He's a very hard working man, he takes everything he does and puts in 110%

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherite? My husband can be very selfish.

August 5th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? Works for his dad. Sub-contractor.

How tall is he? (how tall are you?)he's 5'6" and I'm 5'2" (we're shorties, maybe our LO will be tiny and just slide right out of me. Heh heh)

How old is he? 35

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? He's loyal, honest, hard working, and FUNNY!

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? He's a little impatient. Especially behind the wheel. I hate that!
August 5th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
He works at a factory making parts

5'7" ish .. (I'm 5'4") bubs might be short... But my uncle is 6'8" and dad is 6'1" so theres hope

How old is he?

Hes really caring and sensitive & has a great sense of humour

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit?
He tends to say the wrong things at the wrong times & a bit of a hypocrite sometimes

August 5th, 2013, 08:30 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? Airline Pilot.

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 5' 10" / 5' 2"

How old is he? 33

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? Patient, athletic, compromising, hard working

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? His snoring!
August 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? Field manager for a computerized utility inventory company (basically he manages guys who map electrical systems for local electric companies)

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 5'7 for both

How old is he? 42

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? Dedication and patience

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? None that i can think of

August 5th, 2013, 10:47 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakelly View Post
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He's a wheat/corn/Milo farmer and a cattle rancher

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 6'1" or so (I'm 5'7")

How old is he? 29

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? He's a very hard working man, he takes everything he does and puts in 110%

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherite? My husband can be very selfish.
umm are we married to the same dude?!

What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? Corn/Bean/Cattle farmer

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 6'1/5'7"
How old is he? 29

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? He works really hard, and he's very playful and dedicated.

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? He can be incredibly selfish, he doesnt have a lot of patience with the kids, and he stresses over the dumbest things
Kelizah, mamakelly and HorseGal like this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 5th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He manages an inventory company

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) I honestly have no idea how tall he is lol I'm 5 6 1/2 and he is a little taller than me.

How old is he? 31

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? He is very hard working at his job and is very patient with my moodiness lol

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? some of his guyish manners, his snoring, he stresses about stuff that shouldnt matter, and he doesnt do anything around the house unless i specifically ask him to do it
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

Last edited by Jodimarie; August 5th, 2013 at 11:33 PM.
August 6th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He drives a city bus

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) he is 5'10" I am 5'5"

How old is he? 27

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? He is very level headed and has a very old soul. He is very sentimental and family oriented, plus he is adorable! he is very sweet to me and even though he is younger than me, he calls me his princess, not only to me, but to anyone he talks to...kinda sweet!

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? He is very OCD about his appearance, he lacks patience in situations that don't necessarily require a whole lot of patience, and he has a bit of a temper, but he isn't mean or nasty, just doesn't like bull

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
August 6th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Super Mommy
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? Electronics Engineer

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 5'8 for both

How old is he? 26

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? the way that he cares about people and his personality.

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? his thin hair...

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
August 6th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy

What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He is a PhD researcher at the university here

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) He is almost 5 foot 9 and I am 5 foot 6

How old is he? 33

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? His drive to get things done right

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? Everything else. Thankfully my first is all me
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
August 6th, 2013, 08:21 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? He builds Cooling Towers for the refineries and is also a full time student, 1 semester away from his I&E degree!

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) He is 6'3" and I am 4'11"

How old is he? He'll be 29 next month, I am 31!

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? His classic good looks as well as his ability to excel at ANYTHING he attempts.

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit? He is definitely selfish, he is the baby of his family and it shows. He's also a tad vein but he's working on that!

August 6th, 2013, 08:40 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

He's a quality control tech at an automotive company.

He's 6'1" and I'm 5'6"

How old is he?

He is 33

He is patient, laid back, has a good heart, and is very generous.

He can be selfish (youngest of 5 and only boy in a culture where boys reign supreme), he can be lazy (at home, not work), and a bit messy.

August 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

What does your DH/SO do for a living/job? Service advisor for a big auto sales company

How tall is he? (how tall are you?) 6'3 vs my 5'3

How old is he? 27 and I'm 26

Any wonderful qualities you hope your LO shares of his? Height, singing voice and artistic ability.

Any quirky or even not-so-wonderful qualities of his you hope your LO doesn't inherit... ummm I'd rather LO get my brain. SO isn't dumb but his witt and such is no where near mine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search