Fooootball! (ot)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Oriyan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 10:30 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
So, I know some women HaTE the sport and some LOVE it. I'm one of the latter. I love football, college and pro. While I am not a die hard fan of any particular team (like I am for the StL Cards baseball team), I do have a couple of faves... (Denver, cuz I live on CO and it's hard not to like them when you live here and Minnesota, because my DH grew up rooting for them).

As for college, I enjoy watching so many teams, it's nuts. Big 10 is a good conference I like others (not so much SEC...) I love the Air Force Academy, too!

Anyone else love football?

Anyone hate it?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 6th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't love it or hate it. I'm totally ambivalent. I don't care either way.

August 6th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Yea I dont love or hate it. lol Chris watches every Vikings game if he can though so I always know whats going on with the team
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

August 7th, 2013, 12:03 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a longbreplynto this and Jm ate it ill reply again tomorrow. Now I must sleep

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Super Mommy
I don't love or hate it either... but Rocky watches all the games and when he is I sit with him and eventually fall asleep hugging him up .. so it works out for me..:-D

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
August 7th, 2013, 06:58 AM
okay im awake now and not on my ipad, so its easier to type

I eat. sleep. and breathe. husker football! Seriously! I went to almost every home game last year. I doubt I do this year, because I'm getting a pt. job and offered to do every other weekend...but I. LOVE. FOOTBALL. And Nebraska. I'm a total Nebraska girl at heart, just stuck in Iowa. My fall wardrobe is probably 75% husker gear I'm sad I'm too big to wear most of it this year! Hunter's room is huskers and my kids already now to say BOO HAWKEYES whenever they see Iowa gear
there's a home husker game on my birthday this year, and lets just say..if Sam doesnt get tickets..divorce could be an option

For pro, traditionally im a bears fan..but my next husband (Rex Burkhead) was drafted to the cinnci bengals, so I'm going to be a fan of them as long as he's on their team.

My husband is a chiefs fan

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
August 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am a hockey girl...then baseball...then football. I will watch if Marko turns it on. Lol I do make sure to pay attention to if the Steelers win or lose though...I mean I am from Pittsburgh they would kick me out otherwise. Lol

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 7th, 2013, 07:24 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are huge football fans at my house, basketball comes a close second!! I like mostly professional sports but Blake watches it all, Especially college football for the draft prospects! We play fantasy football together so we watch just about every game that comes on starting with preseason and the HOF game last weekend!!

Chels- I don't know if you have HBO, but last night, they started a mini series about the Bengals Training Camp. They do a different team each year and this year, they got picked. It's called Hard Knocks.

We are Houston sports fans mostly but again, playing fantasy, you have to know about a lot of individual players from all different teams. We have a ton of fun!! I can't wait for September 5th!!!

August 7th, 2013, 07:26 AM
we dont habe HBO, but ive seen a lot of articles about thaT Floating around FB!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
August 7th, 2013, 09:11 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't love it or hate it. The only sport we watch is baseball because DS1 loves it (watching, going to games, playing). My husband isn't into sports at all. DS2 likes to go to baseball games and play baseball but doesn't care to watch it on TV.

August 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Football.. thats the sport with the puck right?
redbirds likes this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
August 7th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't love it or hate it. My ex husband loved the Cowboys but was never patient enough to explain the game and calls to me so I never watched. I finally had it explained a little over a year ago so now I can watch it and understand. At my house we are NASCAR fans.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Veteran
Born and Raised in Pittsburgh PA so LOVE LOVE LOVE! Been a season ticket holder for the steelers since birth.

Already purchased the LO a onesie that says, "I drool Black & Gold" My sister refers to me as her brother "Timmy" during the football season and college basketball (Go Tarheels). I think I have got to jump on the Pirate bandwagon as well, it's hard because we've had 20 years of horrible baseball but it's great to see them on fire once again.

I dont' know who was more excited when we found out we were having a boy!!
TTC #1 since 7/2011

Make a pregnancy ticker

IVF
Retreival 3/15
15 eggs
13 fertilized w/icsi
Transferred one blast 3/20
9 frosties
Beta # 1 8dp5dt 3/28-132!!!!
Beta #2 12dp5dt 4/1-868!!!
Spotting 4/12
Beta #3 23dp5dt 4/12-47,000