Breastpump through Insurance Companies

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 11:14 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The policies had to be written by August 1, 2013 so I think it's still fairly new. A lot of the CSR's, as mentioned above, don't know the plans through and through and may not have correct information. If you were told no, and don't know if your plan is grandfathered, call back and speak to someone else. Maybe they will have better information.

For those that are grandfathered, do you work for small companies? I was under the impressions that it was Federally mandated unless you worked for a company with less than 50 employees. If that's not the case, I'm really sorry. That sucks!

August 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
For those that are grandfathered, do you work for small companies? I was under the impressions that it was Federally mandated unless you worked for a company with less than 50 employees. If that's not the case, I'm really sorry. That sucks!
My husband works for the largest employer in South Carolina. I have spoken with several people at BCBS who have stated the plan is grandfathered.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
August 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I have Atnea and I just called and mine covers it 100%. You can only place your order within 30 days of your delivery date though.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
August 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Yay! I can get one. With a script from my doctor filled at a medical supply store. I am so excited!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I called today and mine is 100% covered. I have UHC. I can order within 30 days of my DD. I have to fax them the prescription. I am so excited! I am thinking I will go through Byram, as they have the medela pumps. I hope its in stock when its time to order.
My hospital gives a supply kit for medela. Comes with bottles also
August 9th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got an emàil from my insurance staying they will cover one 100%! Thanks for posting this. I never would have thought to try and have insurance cover one for me.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 9th, 2013, 09:05 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
BCBS Federal Employee Plan covers 2 kits. One manual and one electric. Even if they don't cover the pump, your insurance plan may cover other things like fees for lactation consultants or working with a nurse on nursing. I also found out that my plan covers 150 milk bags every 90 days as long as I order it through the correct provider, even if I don't take their pump. So awesome.

August 9th, 2013, 01:31 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just got off the phone with UHC. Mine is covered 100% for purchase or rental. I can go through a medical supplier, the hospital, or my dr

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

August 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really glad this post helped!! I was just hoping to get some information myself and it looks like it was a success!!!
feythful likes this.

August 10th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Super Mommy
I have Group Health. They will cover an Ameda Purely Yours double or I can pay the difference and get whatever else I want. They won't let me order it until I deliver though. Dumb but I'll take it! I'll probably upgrade to the Medela PIS since that is what I've always had and am used to.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
August 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
bazil323's Avatar Regular
Mine covers 100%, but it has to be an electric pump with a prescription and from a durable medical equipment supply company and within the month of delivery (cannot be obtained prior to delivery). I haven't checked with the 2 companies that are in my area to see what they carry yet. I have Security Health Plan (regional insurance company based in central Wisconsin that was an offshoot from a doctor-run clinic system).

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 14th, 2013, 05:27 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelbluii View Post
I have Cigna and it is covered 100%. They said to either have my Dr write a prescription at 36 weeks or wait till I meet with the lactation consultant because they may recommend a certain one and it would be covered.

I was under the impression that with the healthcare reform act, that all insurance companies should all cover some portion if not all?
Hmm...maybe I should call and see if they would cover a purchase instead of just a rental. I have Cigna too and on my account online it just says a rental is covered 100%. :/ Although, it could be because our plans are different and we are different states......

August 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I don't understand these companies that aren't allowing it to be done until after birth. Maybe they're hoping people will just buy their own before or that people will forget after the baby is here? Seems shady and ridiculous. That doesn't encourage breastfeeding at all...

August 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I don't understand the after birth either. Maybe since they can be brought into the hospital by a medical supply store they think people will order one the day the baby is born and have it before they leave the hospital? I don't know.
feythful likes this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search