Throwback Thursday

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Do you have any favorite childhood memories you'd like to share?

Are there things that you plan to involve your kids in because of wonderful experiences you and/or your husband had growing up?

Are there specific smells that take you back in an instant?

Name a comfort food that you've eaten since you were a child.

August 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Do you have any favorite childhood memories you'd like to share? Watching baseball (Cardinals) with my dad and granny, even scoring the game the good ole fashioned way! Playing outside with my brother and neighborhood kids when it was ungodly hot (no a/c)... we'd just run through the sprinklers and do what we could to keep cool! OH, and the ice cream truck... do they even have those any more?

Are there things that you plan to involve your kids in because of wonderful experiences you and/or your husband had growing up? We both were involved in sports on just about all level (player, collegiate, coach: hs/collegiate), so we have introduced out kids to it, but we'll let them choose if they want to follow along. I was also heavily involved in theater, so I hope at least one of my kids does this, too! And of course, they already root for my beloved Cards, so we got that rolling

Are there specific smells that take you back in an instant? hmmm... freshly mowed grass (we don't have that here in the mountains, so it's definitely something I don't smell often and easily takes me back to childhood), first scents of someone burning wood in their fireplace/woodstove: takes me back to all the fun things of fall and gets me excited for the season!

Name a comfort food that you've eaten since you were a child. Honestly, I can't think of one thing that I can pinpoint as a comfort food... I have lots of faves, but nothing connected to the past.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 8th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Do you have any favorite childhood memories you'd like to share? Spending a week at the lake with my cousins in the summer. Playing outside with the neighborhood kids and making up games.

Are there things that you plan to involve your kids in because of wonderful experiences you and/or your husband had growing up? We definitely want our kids to be active, so sports will be a must. We'll let them do whatever activity they want, DH even did dance and gymnastics when he was very young (he had to do everything his big sister did). I always loved cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, and softball and DH played hockey, baseball, and ran track.

Are there specific smells that take you back in an instant? I agree with Redbirds, definitely freshly cut grass. Also citronella and skin so soft bug spray. I think I remember the taste of the bug spray most - always ended up getting in your mouth.

Name a comfort food that you've eaten since you were a child. Ice cream - specifically black raspberry ice cream with peanut butter sauce from Friendly's. People would make faces when I'd order it, but it's so good!
August 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Do you have any favorite childhood memories you'd like to share? My family used to go to Cherokee North Carolina for a week each summer to escape the Florida heat. We used to do the touristy things like theme parks, museums, theater productions and shops, but then a few nights we'd build a fire, play cards and make s'mores. My dad worked and traveled a lot when we were younger and it was the one week we knew we had his devoted attention.

Are there things that you plan to involve your kids in because of wonderful experiences you and/or your husband had growing up? 4-H for sure. It really helped me develop my public speaking skills, my leadership skill and responsibility. It also opened so many opportunities for me to travel and be involved in the organization at the county, state, and national level.

Are there specific smells that take you back in an instant? Herbal Essence shampoo makes me think of summer camp because my mom bought it just for that week.

Name a comfort food that you've eaten since you were a child. My mom's lasagna and stir fried beef and broccoli are comfort foods for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search