I don't like one particular doctor...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Veteran
At my obgyn we have to be seen by every doctor they have...and for some reason they LOVE to pair me up with this one woman. I must have been seen by her at least 4 times now, where as I have only seen the other doctors maybe once or twice since being pregnant. The problem is I really don't like her. She makes me feel like if I ask questions she thinks they or stupid or i'm bothering her, and she just comes off as fake. Last time I had her was when I fell down the stairs and she yelled at me telling me I should have called the on call line (it happened on 4th of July) She made me feel like I didn't care about the baby and was lecturing me. She then asked me if I felt movement and when I said no she looked at me like I was crazy and left me sitting there freaking out. At the end of the visit she decided to tell me it was normal cause I was still early but why not tell me that from the start instead of giving me a panic attack the whole time!

Today she asked me what i'm naming my daughter and when I said Kelly she clearly didn't like it and said it was ordinary. I don't know what to do because I have to be seen by everyone cause I can get any of these doctors the day I deliver but I really don't feel comfortable with this woman. I told her I was having pain after sex and she suggested we started using condoms. My husband nearly had a stroke when he heard that. She didn't even bother to do an exam to see if everything was ok. I felt like she just wanted to get out of there.
August 8th, 2013, 09:33 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
AAAK! Can you request to see others? You may have a chance, particularly when you schedule for the rest of your upcoming appointments, you can mention you've seen her a number of times now and want to see the others. Because you've seen her so often, it may not be a difficult shift. You don't even have to mention it to her, but to the scheduler I hope you don't have to deal with her again! Sounds like her bedside manner is lacking.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 8th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
Yikes! She sounds like a b***h. Request to see someone else. You have the right to.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 9th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What they said....I would request someone else or find a new office.

August 9th, 2013, 04:06 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
There are some at my office I don't like too. Falling down...I can understand her getting worked up. My favorite doctor would have flipped. I heard him freak on some lady once for not calling in after being hurt because it was the weekend.

Anyway, as for the name thing she does sound witchy. I would just start having my appointments on days she isn't there. Or if you aren't attached to any doctor their I would look at a new one. Now is the time, I wouldn't wait to switch much longer.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 9th, 2013, 04:16 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
Maybe you keep getting her because everyone else refuses to see her? She sounds awful-- bedside manner is actually part of a doctor's job description. When you schedule appointments just say you would prefer someone else. If nobody complains the other doctors in the practice won't know she's a problem.

I know I always get the male OB/GYNs in big practices because a lot of people want female doctors. They always asked when making the appointment, and the male doctors were always available sooner.
August 9th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Veteran
Im already 23 weeks in, so I don't plan on switching my office at this point. Its such a small office I almost feel like she would know if I asked to not see her lol. Honestly I don't feel good about my appointment though. I asked her questions and I don't even trust her answers or feel like she cared. I understand her getting upset over me falling (and I have an aunt who runs an ER so its not like I did nothing I called her immediately and did speak to doctors there.) but the way she went about it was really rude. I didn't appreciate her making me out to be a bad mom or something.

I don't know what days she's there and they only do afternoon apts tuesdays and thursdays so its not very flexible for me being I work until 3 everyday. No weekend apts. I don't want to straight up ask to not see her just in case I end up with her for my delivery but I'm getting real tired of her ****** bedside manner.
August 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
It's your right to request your docs, remember, they work for you! Maybe, when you schedule your appointments, you can ask the scheduler which docs are available and at what times, then choose a doc other than her and say something like, "oh that time's perfect" or whatever. If you go this route, asking who ALL is available and then choosing the date and time where it's a different doc rather than saying you simply don't want her, it may not be a second thought Then, if you can schedule out your appointments a little ahead this way, you can be sure to get a few where you aren't seeing her and just cross your fingers that those docs aren't called away on deliveries or something

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Our doctors work specific days, and I know they typically schedule me on the same day of the week because it's just easy to count 4 or 5 weeks out and do the same day. When I hated one doctor, I asked to go on a different day and I got to see a different one. Feel free to ask to see a different doctor and listen to your gut if it tells you that she's not right about something. Also, you're entitled to feel comfortable at your office. If you're worried about it, just tell them you'd like to make sure you see each doctor so that you can become acquainted with them before the big day. You don't have to tell them it's because she's terrible. Just find other friendly reasons

There was one OB-GYN that I hated at my office. She had this annoying habit of rolling her eyes and blinking wildly when she thought you were asking something silly. She was really dismissive. I wasn't the only one who thought so among my friends. She tried to discharge my friend from the hospital just 18 hours after her c-section and after telling her she probably needed a transfusion. She "left" (although I heard she was asked to leave) the practice within a year or so of arriving. Luckily, I've always ended up with my 2 favorite doctors for my c-sections, so I hope you have the same luck.

August 9th, 2013, 08:40 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would just request to see another doctor. When you set up your appts. do they ask you who you would like to see or do they just choose one for you? If it's the latter, I would ask for specific doctor or just decline that particular doctor and request another. My office asks which doctor I want when I set up my next appt. If possible, just ask that you never get that doctor again. If there are multiple doctors in the practice, they should be able to accomodate you.

The name thing was strange and pretty inappropriate. I've never had an OB ask what I'm going to name my baby. I've had nurses ask but never my OB.

Last edited by kara74; August 9th, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
August 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
There are definitely ways to just avoid having appointments with her without announcing that you don't like her. I had a great vet that I loved who had a partner who wasn't very good at all (like, incompetent). I would just ask what time Dr. Awesome was available... surprise, surprise, Dr. Terrible was gone in a few months.

You could say Dr. A and Dr. B are your favorites, do they have anything available? Or like PP said, just who all is available that week on Tuesday/Thursday afternoon? I don't think the appointment setter will go out of her way to figure out you don't like a doctor and then go gossiping behind your back.

Trust your gut. Crappy doctors can be deadly.
August 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just talk to the scheduler people and say you'd perfer to see another doctor. You have the right to feel comfortable with your ob

Also, more than likely the scheduler has heard the same things from other people about the doctor. I also doubt they will pass the info on to the doctor.
Everyone has difference preferences too. Some may very well like her-- although I wouldn't.
Even if you're "stuck" with her for the birth, doesn't mean you HAVE to see her during your appointments until then.. you've already seen her enough times to know how she is.
or as mentioned just say you want to get to know the other doctors style better.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search