A judmental family

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2013, 07:36 PM
mamakelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just need this moment to vent...

Uhhhgggg! My husbands family and my mother are driving me crazy! So apparently I'm a terrible mother, because I am refusing to move my almost 3 year old down to our finished basement and get the nursery ready for baby. I have 2 bedrooms in our basement which one is shared by my 2 daughters. I do have baby monitors down there that reach through the entire house and my son can climb up and down the stairs just fine....those are not the reasons I'm not moving him yet. My husband and I have decided to wait and move our son. He just started sleeping in his own bed in his room. After almost 3 years of NOT sleeping completely through the night, he's finally sleeping all night in his bed. This has only been happening for the last month. Im afraid if we move him, he's going to regress back to sleepless nights. My husbands family think its just horrible that we are not worried about getting a nursery ready - Baby will be in our room for the 1st few months anyways, I do not see the big deal. Im so tired of people especially family making me question my decisions with my kids. Why do they have to make me feel so freaking awful all the time?

August 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry. I always tell people to stand up for themselves, but I don't have pushy in laws and I know it's easier to say they should butt out than it is to actually tell them. It's your family, you have to do what works for YOU. They aren't the ones that have to deal with any of it so I don't understand what they're so concerned about.

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 13th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Super Mommy
People say what they want, do what you want to do. Simple as that. Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one. If you are being constantly barraged by overbearing opinions speak up for yourself.

August 13th, 2013, 09:23 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
It's your house and they are your kiddos... ignore the IL's. It's not like it's going to take you FOREVER to get the nursery ready, I mean, you've already got it set up for one!

Our youngest is in the nursery now, in the crib. She'll be there at least through this coming baby's first 9 months... I'm in no rush to move her out and baby will be in our room for a while. We don't have much to do except clothes, diaper size and such, but seriously, it takes like a day or two to do all of that.

No rush. Keep happy boy happy and get his routine well established before moving him again. I'd say keep him in there as long as needed!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 13th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
One of the unpleasant things that I've discovered since becoming pregnant, is how soooo many people have an opinion about others' lives. Why do people feel the need to tell others what they think they should do? It's craziness! I would never tell someone what they should or shouldn't do! Why can't people just mind their own business?

Sorry you're going through this, mamakelly, hopefully they'll butt out.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 13th, 2013, 09:44 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't even see the other side of this.... I don't even really understand why you're ILs are making this into anything. who cares, if your babies are safe. fed. healthy, and have a roof over there heads. who cares.

the opinions that come along with having kids are nuts!

sorry your dealing with family.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
August 14th, 2013, 03:37 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I hate in-law drama. It's hard to ignore when they're in your business all the time.

I'm not sure how willing your DH is to say something, but I try to handle my family and have my husband handle his. It was really hard at first when he wouldn't say anything or ignored them, but now he just tells them that it's a decision that WE've made for OUR family and until we ask them to pay for and raise our kids, we decide what's best for them. Would your dh be willing to tell them to back off and that it's a joint decision?

August 14th, 2013, 04:13 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((MamaKelly))))) This is why we haven't even told grandparents.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
August 14th, 2013, 04:34 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you're being smart about this in knowing that your son very well could regress. Your inlaws are jumping the gun a bit, December is 4 months away. You have plenty of time to get a room/crib set up for the new baby. I probably would wait until late October but that's just me. I'm not one to do things months ahead of time. I think your inlaws are being ridiculous. It's your house and your kids, they should back off.

August 14th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I agree, you know your son, do what's best for HIM (and you by extension, since you need sleep too).

It's annoying though, I agree. Sounds like something my MIL would say. She had her babies in their nursery immediately, though, even with nursing, no stay in her room, so she expects that's how ALL babies should be. UM, sorry, I'm not going get up in the middle of the night 3-4 times a night right after delivery to nurse and then go back to bed. So much easier when baby is right next to me.

And while it *is* easier to set up a nursery when you have one less child to worry about, it's not impossible, so why worry?

August 14th, 2013, 07:47 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad my parents and inlaws don't bug me about that stuff! They could care less!
My youngest is in the "nursery" now. She's 2 1/2. My older two (7 and 5) share bunkbeds in the other room. I plan to move my youngest to their room in a toddler bed and I don't plan to do that until November. She climbed out of her crib twice which has me wondering about switching to a toddler bed now, but I wonder if I should just make it a "big change" in November--new room, new bed--or do it in peices. I think I'll wait.

I'm one of those that doesn't have the baby sleep in my room aside from the first 2-3 nights. I've tried. I've really tried. But I don't sleep. I lay there waiting. And there is no space for a baby. I'd have to get a teeny bassinet type thing (pack and play doesn't fit). Our rooms are small. Luckily all my kids have slept well in cribs early on. And our house is so small it's basically two steps from my room to theirs.
August 15th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Veteran
Just ignore it you know your child best. and if you decide enough is enough ask them who's children they are and if they are willing to come dealbwith your sob every night he don't sleep

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search