Kind of hit a personal milestone today (loss mentioned)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My mother's first baby, my sister Bethany, was stillborn at 21 weeks. She'd had some placental issues, and a lot of bleeding, which I haven't, but passing this mark (I'm 21 weeks today) is kind of a relief for everyone in the family (especially my mom).

Now, of course, my OWN point like that is at 38 weeks, so I'm never completely stress-free in pregnancy, but it's nice to pass a little one, you know?
*Leah*, feythful and mgail like this.

August 14th, 2013, 07:01 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
((HUGS)) HItting and PaSSING those milestones is definitely a huge relief! I know you are getting a c-sec, do they have it scheduled before that 38 mark or do you get extra monitoring later in the pregnancy because of history?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 14th, 2013, 07:55 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry to hear about your sister. I am glad you got to pass that milestone though

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
August 14th, 2013, 07:57 AM
It's a scheduled induction, not a csection (so far I haven't needed one). We induced Erin right at 38 weeks, but Patrick and Allison were both induced at 39. I like the idea of giving them a little more time in there, but I can't do much more than a week past 38 weeks before I completely fall apart. Haven't had time/ability to find a doctor here yet, but I'm assuming that since I'm due Christmas DAY, inducing a week early won't be a problem.

We have started weekly biophysical profile ultrasounds and nonstress tests at about 34 weeks in the past. I've definitely found comfort in that.

August 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
That's all good news, then! So glad you haven't needed a c/sec, either! You'll have your Christmas present home with you in a few short months

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 14th, 2013, 01:08 PM
He's currently kicking my cervix. Since he's not big enough for it to be PAINFUL, it's comforting.

August 14th, 2013, 01:16 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you have passed your mini milestone. How has your sickness been as of late? I hope not too bad!!

August 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Yay for one milestone down!!!

I find comfort in the NSTs too...even though having them twice a week feels like I LIVE at the OB office.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 14th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
I'm glad you have passed your mini milestone. How has your sickness been as of late? I hope not too bad!!
I'm good as long as I take one zofran before bed. And by "good" I mean not throwing up and generally not too nauseated to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
Yay for one milestone down!!!

I find comfort in the NSTs too...even though having them twice a week feels like I LIVE at the OB office.
I totally know what you mean!!

August 15th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Those small milestones have actually gotten me through this pregnancy so far. i have surpassed all the milestones with my losses thank God. Now i set small ones to get me through. I used to just look forward to 12 weeks for first ultrasound, then 20 weeks for the halfway point, 24 weeks for survivability, 28 weeks for third trimester, then 36 weeks. BUT now with all the risks that come with a Down Syndrome Pregnancy, I look forward to these: 20 weeks because the miscarriage rate for a Downs Baby is actually 30 percent up until the 20 week point, then it decreased to something like 5 percent. Then 23 weeks for a hopefully clear fetal echo cardio gram then 24 weeks for survivability (although i am not sure how that would play out with a baby with DS). I do not know what other major appointments I will have after that, but personally i will look forward to the second Trimester ending, then 34-36 weeks because I know even if the baby comes a little early which is possible with down syndrome, then she should be ok I hope.
I am so sorry for the loss of your sister and for the loss of your sweet little baby Cora. I know those are most painful for you and am happy you have surpassed at least one of those. I know your pregnancy is constant worry because your last milestone to pass is 38 weeks, but I am sure this will all be ok and I am happy and hopeful for you!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
August 15th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. I am right there with you. My first milestone is to make it to 23weeks 1 day. I went into labor with Zach at exactly 23 weeks. So making it even a day past that gives me some relief. I am still somewhat of a worry wort in my pregnancies though until I hit about 32ish weeks. It is one of those things I wouldn't trade for anything yet not sure I want to ever do again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search