Classes or hospital tours?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 11:57 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
To those who are new in your area (just moved...) or to our new moms, are you going to take a hospital (or birth center) tour (or have you already)?

Is anyone going to take any birthing/nursing classes?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Super Mommy
I think I'll do a tour. I don't really want to deliver at the hospital my ob's are on call at. They don't have many private rooms, and I don't want to be alone at the hospital at all.

August 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I'll probably take a tour since its a new place for me. My previous pregnancy, my hospital tour was when i was in PTL -- they wheeled me around and showed me everything lol.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
August 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I took the tour with my first so I doubt I will take it again.

I have never done any classes, I probably won't this time either.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 14th, 2013, 01:22 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
My hospital is awesome. The maternity and baby wing was opened for literally a WEEK when DD1 was born, so everything was brand spanking new! I've had 3 births there and know a couple of the neo-natal nurses, so I don't need a tour, but I'm excited to be having my 4th and last one at the same place. In fact, I think DD1 and DS's recovery room was the exact same room It's cozy, private and they actually have good food

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Our hospital has pretty good food too! This will be my second at this hospital and I am so excited about it.

The best is ordering a meal after labor. I wanted EVERYTHING on the menu. haha

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
We will be doing prenatal classes which includes a hospital tour and a carseat checkup . The doctor made me promise I'd sign up for it because its helpful information that will ease some of my anxietys

August 14th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
No classes, but possibly a tour. Once I find a doctor and figure out where I'd be delivering.

August 14th, 2013, 02:10 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm delivering at the same hospital as DD so no tour needed.

No classes, BTDT.

About hospital food - unfortunately this hospital's food leaves a lot to be desired. I think I'll be having my husband run out for something after the baby is born.

August 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I missed the comments about food...lol Funny, after delivery, the nausea immediately goes away for me. So even not-so-great food seems like the most amazing food I've ever eaten.

August 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
We are planning to take classes which include a tour of the birth center. We should probably sign up soon. I've visited numerous friends who've given birth at our hospital and they have a virtual tour online that I've watched. All the rooms are private with couches that turn into "Daddy beds" and most have jacuzzi tubs. They have the NICU right there and there's an anesthesiologist working at all times. I've only heard of positive experiences there.
August 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
Even though we've been to one of the hospitals three times now we'll still go back for the real tour. The high risk ward was not the same as L & D and we want to see everything over there. There is another option but it is across town (20 min drive vs. 10 min). I think we'd rather go with the hospital that is closest to home especially with all the issues we've had, but everyone I know use the other one so I wonder what we'll be missing. We may check it out too. I'm having a hard time finding classes but since it's my first I definitely want to do some.

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

August 14th, 2013, 11:13 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep... doing the tour,

doing a breastfeeding class, doing a birthing class and hopefully a parenting class

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
August 15th, 2013, 05:08 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
I can't find a birth class in English so I guess that's that for me.

Hospital tour! Next month, I think. I hope I have found one already.
August 15th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
Oh my gosh, the food!! I work at the hospital that I'll be delivering at. So I have the food there for breakfast and lunch every weekday....for seven years. Needless to say, I'm pretty sick of it!! Haha!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 15th, 2013, 07:46 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nausea didn't go away until like 6 hours after DD was born but once it went away I had my husband bring me coffee and a muffin from the cafeteria. Best coffee and muffin ever! Probably wasn't but it sure seemed like it after 8 months of food being just so so and coffee making me ill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I missed the comments about food...lol Funny, after delivery, the nausea immediately goes away for me. So even not-so-great food seems like the most amazing food I've ever eaten.

August 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
After my 20 week appointment yesterday I freaked out and went and signed up for everything. We will be first time parents with no small children in our families (we are both the first having children) so we signed up for everything.

We are going to do the Hospital tour, doula info session (they have discount doula program through the hospital we are using and they are all hired on staff), childbirth classes, baby safe class and breastfeeding class.

Like I said we don't have any small children or experience with children so I figured it didn't hurt to do it all.
August 15th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Super Mommy
I'll be doing a tour, even though 3 of my kids have been delivered there. They are remodeling everything and I'll be delivering in the new area so i'd like to see what changes have been made. Plus my last one was born out of state so it will have been over 6 years since I had one at this hospital. No classes though. My OB offers them for free but I think I've got it down LOL

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
August 15th, 2013, 11:27 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i cant imagine not having a private room after giving birth! that is crazy!

we won't do anything, since this is our 3rd and I've doula'd at this hospital a bazillion times. but i think it's great for all you FTM/newly moved mommas to take advantage of the things your facility offers! it will be so exciting and make you so impatient! I love it! there's nothing like the first pregnancy! enjoy and savor!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search