I am a monstrosity!

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By monkeymama2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
...or at least that's how people make me feel! I can not go ANYWHERE--work, Starbucks, target, the bank, without people asking how far I am or when I am due and they don't believe me or are dumbfounded or ask if its twins. I am so fed up!! My mom says they are complimenting me. But it sure doesn't feel like it.

And the sad thing is I feel better this pregnancy than any other. Still jogging, exercising, and good energy overall. Yes, I have gained 18 lbs and my belly is big but I feel healthy! Why won't people stop? And what the heck will they be saying 3 months from now?? Why is it ok to tell me how huge I am? I would NEVER say that to someone.

I just don't know how to respond. They don't say "congrats". They just comment on my size.

Oh and coffee employees?? If I WANT decaf, I will SAY decaf. (Hint: I will never say decaf).
*Leah* likes this.
August 15th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Kelizah's Avatar Veteran
I can relate.. the other day I got my first taste of this at work.. a customer said "ohh.. your having a baby!.. when are you due?" and I said december 1 and she was shocked I was this big. I didn't take it personally because a. ive only gained about 7lbs total and b. i chalk it up to it still being summer so people can't believe it when they hear december as if its years away.. it's only 4 months people!!! summers over, the holidays are coming!! LOL

but people can be so ignorant when it comes to pregnancy.. its annoying

August 15th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Super Mommy
I've got this a few times. My supervisor at work always comments about how huge I am. That's not sumn I really want to hear. "**** your Nona be huge". Oh my evil ***** dad said I'm gonna have a 100lb baby, because I eat 3 meals a day.

August 15th, 2013, 08:14 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What, I cant believe how rude that is.

Honestly, If I don't know people are pregnant, I don't say anything. If I know they're pregnant like by mentioning it I say congrats. When I worked in retail I didn't even ask how far along.

I thought that was the general rule. :| Apparently, it's not.

I had a guy at jamba juice ask the other employee what a pregnant lady can, or can't have off the menu. I got red and thought ALREADY they can tell?! although looking into that was nice

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
August 16th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Super Mommy
I get that at work alot.. they ask when I"m due and when I say dec. they're like ur huge.. Oh so I wanna give them a slap.. so what if I'm huge;. everyone body is different when it comes to pregnancy... stupid people.. ugh..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
August 16th, 2013, 06:53 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm in the opposite boat. I'm so big, people don't dare ask for fear that I'm NOT pregnant, just fat and bloated, I think... So, I never get any preggo comments unless they overhear a conversation about it.

And caffeine...

I don't drink coffee, but YES, on occasion, I will get a fountain soda. A real one. With caffeine. And I get strange looks (because people can't figure out if I'm preggo or fat, either way, god forbid, I shouldn't be drinking a soda... )

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 16th, 2013, 01:24 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know the feeling. At the end of my last pregnancy I would turn and people would literally blurt out WHOA!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search