baby wearing?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Super Mommy
Who baby wears?

what is your favorite type and why?

I am considering getting a Moby Wrap, what are the pros and cons of this type?

I tried just the simple over the shoulder sling from walmart with my last 2 babies but they never felt real secure.
An Angel (Miscarried July 17, 2006)
Trinity(6)
Tatum(4)
Baby BOY!!!!(due Dec. 21, 2013)

August 19th, 2013, 07:31 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I have a Seven sling that was ok when the boy was small small.

I had a homemade Moby. It was ok but it was hot to have all that wrapped around you plus after a little while it would loosen up and then I felt like I was always wrapping and re-wrapping.

I also have a Snugli and LOVE it. Flynn also loved being in it and honestly would probably still get in it if it didn't push on my stomach so much.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 19th, 2013, 08:49 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I have a Boba Wrap (Previously known as the sleepy wrap). It's like the moby, but it's made out of a stretchier knit fabric so that you don't have to leave room for the baby. I tie it tightly and then it stretches to accommodate my little one. I've never felt that either of the girls weren't secure in it. Every week or so, I'd run it through the washer and dryer to get it to go back to it's original shape after a week of stretching. The only downside to this wrap is that once they get a bit over 20 lbs, it stretches a LOT faster and it isn't as supportive to your back.

I want a Beco for the older girls and think I'll be getting one soon. Especially since Josie is a runner...

August 19th, 2013, 08:52 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a cheapy Infantino that I use when baby is tiny and just around the house. I have a Boba that I use when baby is older, like 4-6 months+.

August 19th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Veteran
I had a lucky sling with my girls and I hated it, it didn't adjust or anything. with this little guy I got a snugli and I have heard nothing but great things about them, I cant wait to use it

August 19th, 2013, 10:38 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm going to buy stretchy knit fabric and use it like a Moby. I saw someone in the grocery store wearing her baby recently and that's what she did. This will be my first time baby wearing.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

August 19th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With Greyson I had a sling and loved it! With this baby I bought a Tula carrier and I can't wait to use it!!! Moby or other knit wraps are way to flipping complicated for me.....

August 19th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used a moby. Number five needs to learn to be in a chair lol
August 19th, 2013, 09:12 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have a ring sling (and a water ring sling for when i take the kids to the pool) that i use til they're maybe 6m old..after that, im not a fan...i hated the moby, i never felt like it was secure. and its just so much fabric i find it generally inconvienent. i am an ergo momma for sure - i have the infant insert, but i rarely use it even when they're brand new - i just froggy the legs. it may not be so bad with this baby, since he will be born when its cold out - but it was just too hot with the other two (summer babies)

ive tried a beco, a boba, a balboa sling (hated) and none of them even compare to the ergo at all. i can still wear my 4 year old in it my husband also loves it. you can wear it three different ways (front, hip, back) and it folds up pretty compact so it's easy to take with anywhere you need to go.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 20th, 2013, 03:44 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a ring sling mama as well. I wonder if partly because I'm so heavy? Very easy to adjust....

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
August 20th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do not know much about the moby, but my SIL loved hers. We bought an Ergo this time around and can't wait to use it!. I used a snugli for my first 2 ,but my main complaint was that it didn't seem to distribute weight very good as the babies got older and killed my back.. I also used a patupum with my last one. I liked it.
August 20th, 2013, 08:35 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
I'm googling all of these, I had no clue, thanks for the info!!

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

August 20th, 2013, 08:46 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I heard all these good things about Moby's when i was pregnant with my son and I agree, they are so much fabric. I'd have sweat marks on my shirts from them. And when he was younger i never felt like he was well secured. His head always fell which terrified me. When he got heavier I always had to redo it because he felt like he was slipping. Plus it's hot here so I rarely used it anyways
August 20th, 2013, 06:54 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I babywear. But only to the extent that DS will tolerate it, which is not much now. He was okay with it in his first year and it was helpful when he was too small for the grocery cart seat. Some babies love it and some hate it, so it's very individual. For instance, I really like the Moby, but DS HATED IT!!!!! He prefered the Ergo. He was also a baby that only tolerated swaddling for about a week, so...lol!

I will have to see what this baby likes. I have several types so I will try them out.
hugssandi likes this.

August 21st, 2013, 06:47 AM
as long as you dont get a crotch dangler, we can still be friends but really, those things are awful for you and baby.
feythful likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
August 21st, 2013, 06:54 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please excuse my ignorance, but what in the he** is a "crotch dangler?" That made me literally laugh out loud and I am at work and my office door is open and people are staring!!

I've never baby worn before either. I registered for a moby but now I'm rethinking. I looked up all the ones that were listed as of yesterday but they all look the same. How can you tell??

August 21st, 2013, 09:50 PM
ergo v crotch dangler (aka baby bjorn type carrier)

feythful likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
August 21st, 2013, 10:05 PM
i just tried a bunch of different carriers - there's a baby carrier group near me, and you pay $30/year for membership and every month you get a new carrier to try, but a lot of times cloth diapering/natural parenting type stores will have a nice supply and let you try the different carriers on

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
August 22nd, 2013, 03:50 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Prayingforbaby is right~not all babies like to be worn. I didn't think it possible~my second HATED the sling, and my third was only happy in the backpack after he was of the appropriate age. He had LOTS of food allergies, and the backpack became his favorite place~it was even his first word! He literally LIVED in that thing....

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
August 22nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
ergo v crotch dangler (aka baby bjorn type carrier)

That is exactly why I went with the Tula! The seat on the Tula carrier is actually wider than the ergo and when I tried them on in the store the Tula just felt better to me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search