Appetite

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DavidandJaidonsmomma
  • 1 Post By swade66

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
My appetite has been outta control lately. I can eat so much in one sitting that I'm ashamed of myself. I never ate like this before in my life. I try to limit myself to 3 meals a day, but I'm really maxing out during those 3 meals. If I try to limit my portions I'm still hungry. Are any of you ladies dealing with a massive appetite? Or is my brain just playing tricks on me?

August 21st, 2013, 09:43 AM
Super Mommy
I have some of those days where I just feel like eating everything in site.. but today it's like I'm not hungry, but I'm still munching on snacks..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
August 21st, 2013, 10:12 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I am the opposite. I need to be eating and I am not hungry. After I eat I feel horrible even when it's healthy food. Eating lots of smalls meals is a little better but not much.... I have zero appetite past 5:00. I'd rather just sleep. I did get scrip for some heartburn meds and I feel a little better after I eat but still no appetite. This is the first time in my entire life I haven't had an appetite.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
August 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakr View Post
I am the opposite. I need to be eating and I am not hungry. After I eat I feel horrible even when it's healthy food. Eating lots of smalls meals is a little better but not much.... I have zero appetite past 5:00. I'd rather just sleep. I did get scrip for some heartburn meds and I feel a little better after I eat but still no appetite. This is the first time in my entire life I haven't had an appetite.
You described my appetite to a T. At work my coworkers fuss to make sure I eat. Every blue moon I get really hungry and go crazy, but for the most part I eat because I know I need to, but have no desire to eat at all.
NCRG2010 and summerbaby1 like this.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

August 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have an insane appetite. I don't snack really but yes, I go for it at mealtime! My lunches on days I work at the office are out of control--no kids to bug me and lots of options all around. Then usually I am too full for a real dinner!
August 21st, 2013, 11:06 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
My appetite has plummeted. When I eat regular portions, I feel sick soon after and regret it. If I try to eat smaller meals, it is only a little better. I was just complaining about this to my husband this morning. I NEED to be eating to feed these twins and so that I don't collapse, but its seriously making me sick. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with heartburn and how smooshed my stomach now is..it feels like my meal is in my throat all the time now. But, meds don't help. I need to find some super high calorie drink or something and just live off that. Any ideas?

I've never had this problem. Usually at this point in pregnancy I can happily eat whatever I want, and more of it.

August 21st, 2013, 11:29 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you drink ensure? Not sure of the calorie count, but my sister in law drank it during her pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
My appetite has plummeted. When I eat regular portions, I feel sick soon after and regret it. If I try to eat smaller meals, it is only a little better. I was just complaining about this to my husband this morning. I NEED to be eating to feed these twins and so that I don't collapse, but its seriously making me sick. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with heartburn and how smooshed my stomach now is..it feels like my meal is in my throat all the time now. But, meds don't help. I need to find some super high calorie drink or something and just live off that. Any ideas?

I've never had this problem. Usually at this point in pregnancy I can happily eat whatever I want, and more of it.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

August 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't had any heartburn issues. (Knock on wood) maybe that's why I can throw down at meal time.

August 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do have heartburn issues and I've lived on zantac for about the last month BUT.....when it's time to eat, it's time to eat!!! I feel like I'm going to starve to death if I don't shovel it in!!! I pay for it very shortly after

August 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
My appetite has definitely grown in the past month or so. I'm eating larger meals and snacking more often. I used to be full after a Happy Meal, but now I can finish off a value meal. I don't want to put on too much weight so I need to monitor myself, but when I'm hungry, I'm STARVING.
August 21st, 2013, 12:09 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am always hungry but a normal portion is too much to eat so I eat a ton of small "meals". I feel like all I do is eat.
feythful likes this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 21st, 2013, 12:17 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
JulieMC - I feel the same way. I have no room and I am actually getting pretty uncomfortable. I don't want to complain as I am so grateful but I don't know where these twins are going to fit.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
August 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandJaidonsmomma View Post
You described my appetite to a T. At work my coworkers fuss to make sure I eat. Every blue moon I get really hungry and go crazy, but for the most part I eat because I know I need to, but have no desire to eat at all.
Same exact thing here! Have zero appetite
August 21st, 2013, 04:35 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
thank God I'm not the only one that doesn't have a ferocious appetite right now I was beginning to worry that something was wrong with me!

August 21st, 2013, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have an appetite for maybe one meal a day the rest of the time....meh. However I make myself eat at least 3 meals and 2 snacks daily. I think when you are pregnant you should snack myself! I don't add the supposed 300 extra calories you need a day to meal I add in 2- 150 calories worth of snacks.

Perhaps try snacking to see if it helps? Could be you are getting to "empty".

August 21st, 2013, 09:04 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakr View Post
JulieMC - I feel the same way. I have no room and I am actually getting pretty uncomfortable. I don't want to complain as I am so grateful but I don't know where these twins are going to fit.
Agreed! They still need to put on a good 4 to 5 pounds EACH before they're born and I can't see where that's going to go. I guess OUT front....because they've already gone UP.

August 21st, 2013, 09:12 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
I am always hungry but a normal portion is too much to eat so I eat a ton of small "meals". I feel like all I do is eat.
I end up taking half of my meals home when we eat out. About 2 hours later, I'm eating the other half. It's pretty ridiculous that I eat so often all day.

August 22nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have days. days where I can only eat 1 meal, and other days when I can't stop eating.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
August 22nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Most days I eat because I have too and then I have days where my appetite is out of control....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search