Iron pills

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Betts
  • 2 Post By Betts
  • 2 Post By eilla05
  • 1 Post By hugssandi
  • 1 Post By lily26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 05:51 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
They are making me feel sooooo much better!! I haven't felt faint since I started taking them. This whole time I mistakenly thought it was my blood sugar causing me grief!

I'm so happy and grateful! I'm surprised at what a difference I feel, especially since my levels weren't THAT low.
lily26 and hugssandi like this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep I hear ya! I posted a bit ago about being tired all the time etc and asked to have my levels checked . I was low but not that low but after a week of taking extra iron I feel like a new person myself!!

Glad it is helping you !

August 21st, 2013, 06:18 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
What dose are you taking? I wanted to take an iron supplement because my levels were on the lower end but idk how much is a good amount.

August 21st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilla05 View Post
Yep I hear ya! I posted a bit ago about being tired all the time etc and asked to have my levels checked . I was low but not that low but after a week of taking extra iron I feel like a new person myself!!

Glad it is helping you !

High five!!! I'm glad you're feeling better too!! It's like someone put life back into me too!

August 21st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodimarie View Post
What dose are you taking? I wanted to take an iron supplement because my levels were on the lower end but idk how much is a good amount.
I'm taking Feosol Complete. It only has 28mg of iron, but apparently it's enough for me. My prenatals also have 28 mg of iron in them. I haven't had any side effects from these (knock on wood) even when taking them on an empty stomach.

My level, I think, was only 11.3, so it wasn't that low, so I'm surprised at how crappy I was feeling. But the iron is REALLY helping. Before if I didn't eat sure thing substantial ever 1.5 to 2 hours, I felt like I was going to pass out, even though my belly wasn't hungry. Now I'm going 3-4 hours between meals and I feel fine. And my energy is sooo much better.

I think Slow Fe has 45mg of iron. I heard that was a good one too, but i think it can constipate you. (Which I haven't had a problem with, with feosol complete)
Jodimarie and hugssandi like this.

Last edited by Betts; August 21st, 2013 at 06:45 PM.
August 21st, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am taking the slow fe generic and it has 47 MG of iron. I take it for 2 days skip a day and take it for 2. So far I have felt way better and it has not constipated me. I take mine at night before bed
Jodimarie and Betts like this.

August 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH that's GOOD NEWS!!!!
Betts likes this.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
August 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good to hear
Betts likes this.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
August 22nd, 2013, 04:17 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I haven't started taking a supplement yet. But hearing about all the positive results everyone is having makes me optimistic. I was given an information packet about iron supplements from my ob-gyn a couple of weeks ago, but was never told if my iron had been low or why/if I needed to take supplements. Thankfully, I read on one of my pregnancy apps that after 20 weeks your iron stores are drained so you need to take a supplement. Sometimes I wonder why I go to the ob-gyn, I get all of my information online!
August 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Well THAT makes sense. It was about the 20-21 week mark that I started feeling really crappy.

August 22nd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Beautiful Life!
I haven't been very good about taking mine, but know I get anemic every pregnancy. At my 16 week appt. I could feel my iron getting low but my Dr. insisted it was fine and that I needed to be checking my blood more. So I started doing that but by my next appt. I knew it wasn't just that. They checked my iron and it was 9.9! I knew that's why I was feeling lousy. I've been through it every pregnancy and wish he would have listened to me! Anyway, I've been trying to get it back on track, while remembering to check my blood sugar and keep it on track and now I've been watching my BP because it's actually been really low, like 100/50. I know once all of these things are back on track I'll be feeling much better! Definitely ready for that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search