Household responsibility

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2013, 04:44 AM
Super Mommy
hubby gets paid every other week and I get paid on the 1st and 15th of each mth. I basically see about all the payments.. I have my car payment on auto debit every month and also my cell phone bill so that's 2 things I don't have to rem. to pay. our credit card and rent of $800 ( I pay to my mother in law) is paid at the beginning of the mth. so basically one of hubby's pay check is used to pay bills and the next 3-4 pay checks I transfer in the saving accts.

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
September 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
We merge our income and share all the bills. We don't really have money as it is, so this is the easiest way.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
All of our bills come out automatically from DHs checking account or mine.
Rent, Electricity, Water, Car Insurance, Rental Insurance all come out of his account.
Cable, Gym/YMCA, After school care, Massage Envy, Netflix, all come out of my account.
Everything comes out when it is due. The only things we actually have to think about are groceries and gas... We check the online banking summary and see what we have available... I know we should probably keep a checkbook register, but, were too lazy, hence everything is automatic.
Also, we use my child support account from DD as our "savings". Money gets deposited every week, and we don't use it unless we need something that we can't afford from either of our accounts...

Automatic bill pay is the way to go for us... Technology, is awesome...
September 3rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We decided a few years ago that I couldn't keep up with bills AND everything else (groceries, cooking, cleaning, etc), my husband is really good with money and sort of in charge even though we both work. (He makes 3x as much as me though). So he took over. I think most regular bills are automatic. Things like credit cards he pays. He keeps track of it all and uses the Mint app to go through it each month. The only bill I have is Target card which I should probably give to him too since I missed a payment once--oops! I basically only use a credit card for anything so it's easier for him to keep track.
September 3rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 2 incomes which go into our individual accounts, although we technically have access to each others accounts.

DH makes the most money and covers most of the expenses- mortgage, utilities, insurances, phone/internet, preschool. All bills are directly debited from his acct so he never has to sit down and do it. All automatic.

I pay for car insurance, fuel, groceries and my student loans. My bills are also auto debited.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
September 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH pays most of the bills since he's the one working. With child support I buy groceries, pay preschool and gymnastics.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by Miss-Melissa-Sue; September 3rd, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
September 3rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm no longer married, but I have always used mint.com to track everything and pay bills online. When I was married and we had two incomes we had a joint account and seperate accounts. We each had a set amount to put in the joint and bills were deducted from that account.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

September 3rd, 2013, 11:52 PM
Super Mommy
We only have one income. I pay the bills. Our mortgage and car/life insurance is auto drafted from our checking acct. The utilities I have set up on bill pay that go out the same amount every month. Everything else is either paid with or auto drafted from a credit card that we pay off each month. This works well for us and we generally get 4-5 round trip plane tickets per year based on that.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
September 4th, 2013, 08:07 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I maintain separate bank accounts and that's the way that we like it. When I was married to my first husband, we had a joint account and CONSTANTLY fought over money, this is one of the things that led to our demise! I refuse to do that again! I don't care if we NEVER have a joint account, I'm perfectly OK with that. I make enough money to pay all my bills my self as does he and we split the house bills and we NEVER have a reason to argue over money!

The mortgage, I write a check out of my account and DH gives me his half. I pay my bills (cell phone, insurance, car payment) from my account and he pays his from his account. I pay the cable bill and the water bill (also has to be paid by check) and he pays the light bill and our appliance payment. Everything but the mortgage and the water bill is paid online either on the 1st or the 15th as those are the days that we get both get paid. We come out about the same in the end! We share the costs of groceries and going out to eat. Which we do A LOT!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search