Have we already talked diaper bags?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2013, 05:48 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just curious if you've picked one out yet... My crochet projects are stacking up, but I have been tossing around whether to buy one, make one with fabric/Duck Tape, or crochet one. I spent LOTS of yesterday looking at crochet patterns~ACK! Methinks the list groweth....

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
September 13th, 2013, 05:59 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I have a 31 tote that I might use. Unless by husband buys be a Seatbelt bag that I want.

This one :drool: Harveys Seatbelt Large Diaper Bag Forever Blue Jeans Messenger Cross Body

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
September 13th, 2013, 06:29 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I had one I used with DD1 and it was TOOOO big and cumbersome. So, starting with DS, I've just used a free Outdoor Life little bag my DH got with his subscription It works! It's got plenty of little pockets and room inside for diapers, 2 little outfits, and bottle stuff. I can't stand big bags (purses, backpacks...) so this works well. I can pretty it up with bows

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
September 13th, 2013, 06:45 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
I knew I'd have to let DH pick one! It's a plain looking brown Esprit one that you could mistake for a laptop/messenger bag. But I liked the magnetic closures and it has a bunch of pockets, built in diaper changer, etc. And it was cheap.

I would've just used a backpack though.
September 13th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I saw a Ju-Ju-Be bag online that I liked. It's supposed to be good for twins. I think I'm going to wait and see if I get one for my baby shower. I have a feeling one of my girlfriends will get me one.
September 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Fleurville messenger bag style diaper bag that I used with DD that is still in like new condition. I love it because it's not too big but still holds everything I need. It also cleans up beautifully in the washer and holds it shape. It's made of "re-run" material made with recycled water bottles. It feels and looks like fabric. I do not like the vinyl type diaper bags or ones lined in that vinyl material.

September 13th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a skip hop one and a Cindy Tote (31) that I had embroidered with his first name that I plan to use. It is blue denim so I figure my husband will pack that one if he needs one and I will pack the skip hop since it is a bit more girly. I would like to have a 3rd though..

September 13th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Well, I've significantly narrowed my pattern search down~now I can't decide between just 8. LOL! That's a good fourth of what I was considering....

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
September 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
I registered for a Skip Hop bag because it thought it was really cool the way it can clip on to a stroller.

Skip Hop Duo diaper bag

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

September 13th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I am reusing what I had from DS1. I have a larger bag for when baby needs more stuff, and a smaller bag for shorter outings. I never was a huge diaper bag person.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 13th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I made mine. I couldn't find anything I really liked that was reasonably priced. I'm also making DH one so he doesn't have to carry one that is very "me" and one that doesn't show his personality at all.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 13th, 2013, 01:52 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A crochet one would be awesome! I don't do diaper bags, I usually just carry everything for the baby in my purse. I've been wanting to make a granny square crochet purse, I just haven't been feeling like crocheting lately.

September 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
On jeez! Diaper bags! Another thing to think about, I hadn't even thought of that yet!! Yikes!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 13th, 2013, 02:29 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I buy the set, that way there's a big one and a little one depending on how much I need. It's what I have with DS1 and that's worked great for me.
September 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm so over diaper bags. lol This will be #4.

A dear friend made this one, and I'm sending her the stuff to make one for me (probably matching the bedding fabric)

redbirds and Miss-Melissa-Sue like this.

September 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have my coach diaper bag from my last Baby I will use that again
September 14th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I own four or five of them and use none! I just carry a larger purse with a couple dipes and wipes. Then I keep a change of clothes for each kid in the car. I'm definitely a minimalist.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
September 14th, 2013, 05:05 AM
BRITTANIE!!!!! I want YOUR diaper bag~LOL! SWEET! Crochet is all I got going for me. If I could sew....

September 14th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugssandi View Post
BRITTANIE!!!!! I want YOUR diaper bag~LOL! SWEET! Crochet is all I got going for me. If I could sew....
That was exactly the reaction I had when she posted those pictures. I debated buying the pattern myself to sew it, but I've got SO many projects on my plate, and she's got PTL stuff going on (she's due early November), so she's supposed to spend as much time sitting as she can, so she's sewing like a mad woman.

September 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM
So earlier I narrowed it down to one, downloaded the pattern, and it's a mess! LOL! SO I have finally found THE ONE, I think: Ravelry: Cable Car Hobo pattern by Drew Emborsky

I will make a purse organizer for the inside.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search