those with scheduled inductions or c/s

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere
  • 1 Post By redbirds
  • 1 Post By feythful

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2013, 10:43 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I've always wondered... what happens if you go into labor earlier than your scheduled date? I guess for induction and vag birth, it's not a big deal, but just to assure your doc is there or someone knows your history... but with the c/sec moms who may not be good candidates for a VBAC, what do they do? Or is it just that they *hope* you have a long enough labor to get you in for the c/sec? My labors are ungodly fast, so I guess I'm coming from that point of view.

I've always been curious about this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
September 14th, 2013, 11:10 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with my doula clients, if a scheduled c-section momma goes in to labor before her surgery day, they usually go ahead with the c-section. i have had a couple mommas walk in a 8-10cm and decide last minute to vbac, but they usually have a Dr. there or will give meds to slow contractions until Dr. gets there and just go ahead and do the cesarean

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I would be über ticked if I was 8-10 and they gave me a csection. Ugh!

I have no input though because I'm not in that situation.
bajars2531 likes this.

September 14th, 2013, 02:47 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend had this happen. She went into labor a few hrs before her dr appt with a new dr to schedule a c-section and ended up have an emergency c-section that day.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

September 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Yeah, they will just section you when you go into labor. That is what I was told when I was discussing VBAC vs Repeat Section.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
September 14th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My friends who have had repeat c/s have just had the c/s done right then if they went into labor at that time.

With my inductions, it's always been "induce on ______ day, unless you go into labor sooner," which I never have, unfortunately. I'd LOVE to go into labor before...but not too much before. lol

September 14th, 2013, 08:59 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a scheduled section mama and I guess I haven't really put too much thought into this. I know it's possible to go into labor beforehand I just don't want to think about it. I'd probably freak out!

September 14th, 2013, 09:06 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Well, I hope everyone here has their dream birth, so c/sec, induced or waiting for things to start on their own that it all works out with no medical surprises!
CherryLimeade likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
September 16th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Veteran
this happened to me with my second ... we had a csection scheduled for 8am on march 8th and my water broke at 3am .. they just hooked me up to monitors and went ahead w my csection at 8am

September 16th, 2013, 07:34 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
The local hospital here has a policy against VBACs, so I would assume they'd do the c-section. That being said, if my water broke and I was in labor, I'd try to walk around the parking lot until the last minute and force the vbac. I mean, after all that work, why bother with the c-section? Clearly at that point, my body is telling me things are good to go.
Oriyan likes this.

September 18th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Ms_jamie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ms_jamie
I am a scheduled repeat section Mommy and I'm concerned because they are scheduling it for 39 weeks but both of my prior children have been delivered at 36, almost 37 weeks. Although the first was induction due to pre-eclampsia the second was due to an abruption. I just hope this time I don't have any medical issues that force them to do an emergency section sooner. I was kind of looking forward to having a more calm, enjoyable experience this time.

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search