We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I've always wondered... what happens if you go into labor earlier than your scheduled date? I guess for induction and vag birth, it's not a big deal, but just to assure your doc is there or someone knows your history... but with the c/sec moms who may not be good candidates for a VBAC, what do they do? Or is it just that they *hope* you have a long enough labor to get you in for the c/sec? My labors are ungodly fast, so I guess I'm coming from that point of view.
I've always been curious about this.
__________________ Gwynne, celebrating the newest of our four precious miracles Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
with my doula clients, if a scheduled c-section momma goes in to labor before her surgery day, they usually go ahead with the c-section. i have had a couple mommas walk in a 8-10cm and decide last minute to vbac, but they usually have a Dr. there or will give meds to slow contractions until Dr. gets there and just go ahead and do the cesarean
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
The local hospital here has a policy against VBACs, so I would assume they'd do the c-section. That being said, if my water broke and I was in labor, I'd try to walk around the parking lot until the last minute and force the vbac. I mean, after all that work, why bother with the c-section? Clearly at that point, my body is telling me things are good to go.
I am a scheduled repeat section Mommy and I'm concerned because they are scheduling it for 39 weeks but both of my prior children have been delivered at 36, almost 37 weeks. Although the first was induction due to pre-eclampsia the second was due to an abruption. I just hope this time I don't have any medical issues that force them to do an emergency section sooner. I was kind of looking forward to having a more calm, enjoyable experience this time.