So stressed!Positive thoughts please.UPDATED

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to unload here, but hoping it helps with some of the anxiety I am feeling. I have been extremely paranoid this pregnancy and have no idea why. Well just as one ailment is explained another pops up. I was feeling pretty good about everything after Thursday when I met with the MFM. I came home and the next day I came across a story about a woman who was pregnant and had Melonoma. Not sure if I should have read that or not. Now I am scared ****less. Its consuming me. I have many moles and always have. I have 2 bigger ones which I have had as long as I can remember, don't really think they have changes, but am not sure about the one on my back. It itched during my first tri, but stopped after a week, so I forgot about it. I decided to google and that topped my anxiety to a whole new level. now I have been analyzing every single blemish and am scared. I have an apt with my family doc tomorrow because the derm was 7 months out! I hope it goes well and if you pray, please pray for me. I want to be able to watch my kids grow up! I had no sleep Friday night due to the anxiety and I slept better last night due to exhaustion so not sure how tonight will go. I hate myself for not monitoring them sooner...

``Thanks to you all! I went to my family doc to have a look over. The 2 I thought were scary, he said were fine! I was shocked. My family does tend to be pretty moley. I had him check some others and all appeared fine, even the red little ones that have popped up this pregnancy. He did say I have an atypical mole that looked fine but as a precaution after baby girl is born we will take off. Fine by me not scared at all about that because if I could I would take them all off,lol.

As far as the anxiety goes, I did mention it, as hard as it was because of feeling a bit embarrassed. He mentioned medication was probably not a good idea, but maybe some counseling would help. However our plan does not cover this I just found out, so that stinks. I have made a promise to not google anything medical, because that's where I start getting freaked. I will call a professional or come on here and ask you lovely ladies A lot of this paranoia I think stems from the way my pregnancy started and the fact this one has been so different than my others. About a week or so before I found out I was pregnant my Aunt was dx'd with pancreatic cancer and this was also the same week my oldest has emergency appendectomy surgery. I was very shocked to learn I was pregnant through the stress!

It didn't help that at first they couldn't find baby and then watched my hcg levels rise very rapidly and thinking multiples and ectopic and a bunch of other stuff. Then the hyperemesis kicked in during the 4th week and there has been one issue after another. I just want a mellow stress free pregnancy and am going to try and enjoy whats left of it. Thanks for listening to me and I think I may take a nap to catch up on sleep before kids come home.

Last edited by SweetiePeas; September 16th, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
September 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Aww! Try not to jump to any conclusions before you see your doctor and get any test results (if you need them). I'll bet you are fine. Your skin goes through a lot of changes during pregnancy. Just try and take a deep breath and don't make yourself crazy over something that could be nothing. Hugs!
September 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Ahhh... you need to stay away from Dr. Google. You could literally talk yourself into any deathly illness based on stories.

I just went for my annual dermatology check (redhead, lots of freckles and moles) and all's good. It's reassuring. Just go get checked They basically check every inch of your body and know what they are looking for.

I wouldn't look anything else up on the internet. Your docs will let you know if there's anything you should be concerned about in your pregnancy and health, and it sounds like all's good!

You may want to mention that paranoia to your doc, perhaps it is more anxiety and that can be a chemical imbalance that can easily be treated with some minor meds. It's quite common and nothing to worry about if you are getting treated for it. It may make all of the paranoias go completely away and you can actually rest easy!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
September 15th, 2013, 03:51 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Sweetie))))) I agree to just.stay.away. I speak from experience, as I just can't read some things without my mind going berserk, so I've learned to just not allow myself to go there at all~and IT WORKS!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
September 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stop googling. It's bad for your health. Try not to stress.

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 16th, 2013, 07:25 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
I am covered in moles... Covered... And, I haven't been to the dermatologist since I was a teenager... I have a few that look really odd, and one that bleeds on occasion. Now you have me thinking I need to make an appt too!! lol

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

September 16th, 2013, 08:16 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
aww try not to worry. Moles will change just from all these pregnancy hormones.

I have a few that are changing since pregnant as well. I already promised myself after L&D I would be going myself for a visit to the skin doc.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569