Anyone else starting to panic?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By redbirds
  • 1 Post By JulieMc
  • 1 Post By hugssandi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
We've got less than three months to go!

I'm starting to freak out a little! Mostly about getting our house ready. I was hoping that the nursery would be ready by the end of this month, but we haven't even painted yet. The room is finally empty, but now DH thinks we should put carpet down. We have wood floors, but there was a large carpet down in that room and the floor underneath doesn't look very pretty. And I am NOT having them refinished at this stage.

DH just keeps coming up with all these projects he thinks he should start now. It's giving me anxiety. Now he thinks we should paint our bedroom too (which is 12x24). We need to reorganize furniture and get rid of some furniture (we have 5 bureaus in our room at this point! He just moved the furniture out of the babies' room and into our room). I just feel like all these projects are popping up out of nowhere and I just want to get the house ready for the babies.

And don't forget about the major work we're having done on the house. We're having our sun porch torn down and replaced with a deck. We're having our retaining walls redone and we're having our upstairs bathroom gutted and redone. It's going to be wonderful when it's done, I just wish the work wasn't starting just as I'm going into my third trimester. The deck and walls will be done in November, and work should start on the bathroom next month.

I'm also starting to panic about just being a mom in general. It's all I've ever wanted in life, but now that it's finally happening I'm kind of scared. Am I ready? Are WE ready? I know I'll figure it out and probably be fine, but there's definitely a fear of the unknown - and especially with two!

Someone tell me I'm not the only neurotic mess out there!
September 18th, 2013, 05:05 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
You are SOOOO ready! It sounds like things are coming along and if you just take one project at a time, you can knock it out Being a mom is freaking awesome, even as I say this today when I'm on the warpath and hoping for one freaking moment of peace

I have anywhere between 9-11 weeks (more than likely won't go full 40 weeks, but who knows!) and my list is long and I need at least one day a week alone, by myself, with no little people, to get anything done. So far, they just make more of a mess and make my list longer!

Rest up while you can, just focus on one thing at a time and enjoy the last tri of pregnancy, even with the discomforts. It'll be over before we know it!
bundle2baby and TwinMamaS like this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
September 18th, 2013, 05:32 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I'm ready to hit the fast forward button. I wonder how I will handle two newborns at once with a 3 and 4 year old under foot, but I know other people have done it and survived, so I'm sure I can too.

It's normal to be scared, especially the first time. I had zero interaction with newborns other than occasionally holding my sister's baby..never changed a diaper or anything....but it sort of all comes naturally and you figure things out. Try not to stress.
TwinMamaS likes this.

September 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not quite ready, because I SO WISH we were doing the house projects y'all are!!!!!
TwinMamaS likes this.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
September 18th, 2013, 07:40 PM
mamakelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I completely understand feeling anxious and not ready. Our basement flooded last week so we have had to put some house projects on hold and take care of that business. If it makes you feel any better our baby won't have a nursery until after he is here and after the new year.

September 18th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
*take a deep breath*

It'll be okay, I promise. (hugs) Consider it his version of nesting. He wants to get the house perfect to. I agree with Gwynne, just take one thing at a time.

As for being a mom, I was terrified. And it's one of those things you're never *really* ready for until it happens. But newborns don't actually need much besides food and clean diapers, so it gives you time to work into it! Jumping into toddlerhood with no previous experience would worry me. :/ You'll be great. Even with two.

September 18th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
I've been panicking for months, haha! I've only recently started to calm down a bit. I think it's because I've been seeing a psychologist and she's been helping me keep catastrophic worries in check. ( sort of )

I'm still utterly terrified, though. And sometimes it keeps me from enjoying and feeling connected to my baby, cuz I feel like I'm scared of her! It's getting better, though.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 18th, 2013, 08:56 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
You might sit down with him and prioritize some of the things he wants to do and if you find you're running out of time, you can do them later. The really good news is that as long as these babies have a few days worth of outfits, some place to sleep and food to eat, that's all they require for the first few months.

Once your sweet little ones are here, you'll find that a lot of things just come naturally. You'll find that running down the checklist of reasons they might be crying becomes second nature.

Here's how it goes in my house
Baby starts crying. I mentally run down when the last time she was fed, changed and sleeping. Once I figure out that she's eaten in the last 30 minutes and had her diaper changed in that amount of time, we start rocking or walking around the house. If it's been 2 or more hours since the last bottle, I get her nursing. If I feel some squish in the diaper, we change it. Newborn needs are much simpler than when they get older. Nature provides us a GREAT learning curve opportunity! Despite the number of times I've explained this to my husband, he's still completely baffled by the needs of a newborn.

I'm only freaking out because I move in less than 4 weeks and then only have 2 months to find a doctor and hospital I like and then get settled before the baby gets here. This is going to be nuts, but it's what we've wanted forever so I'm sure it'll work out perfectly.

September 19th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
I am!! DF thinks its a long time away.. Ummm no! Its not! Plus, we just got a house and are moving in December 1st. The old owners are moving out November 1st which gives us only a month to paint, do floors, repairs, etc. He is waaayy too relaxed about this whole thing

September 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Super Mommy
I am... hubby keeps saying we have 3 mths.. I keep telling him.. u keep thinking that... but I"m getting nervous about L&D b/c it's my first and even though I've seen & been with my sister for her 2 pregnancies everyone is different..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search