8 hours in L&D

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Started hurting really bad in my stomach yesterday about 2:30pm decided that I should probably go get checked out since at times it was so bad I wanted to cry. I didn't know what it was because it didn't feel like contractions at first but later in the day they did. Got to L&D about 6ish and they hooked up me up. Turns out I was having contractions that whole time and they were coming pretty regular.

Internal exam says I am 1cm but high and hard (thankfully). I sat there for 8 hours was given something to stop them...didn't work and then was given turbutaline injection which slowed them and made them not as intense. Waited a bit checked again no cervical change. I was discharged with instructions to be on modified bed rest until I am able to go home ( I am 7 hours away from home right now). I was still having contractions when I left just not as intense or as close. Came home and went to bed about 3am and woke up to nothing thankfully.

However went to get a script filled and some Burger king (Was craving chicken sandwich!) and I started getting sore again....so have been laying down doing nothing since then.

Called the midwife today and she called in a script for procardia every 6 hours until I get home on Friday to hopefully make me not have any more contractions. I have an appointment on Monday at my regular doctor.

Hoping Tobias stays put at least another 6-7 weeks!!! I will admit I was a little bit scared that I was going to go into full on labor yesterday. Being in L&D sucks...those beds are torture devices. At one point I cried for about 20 seconds because I hurt so bad...because of that stupid bed! I couldn't get comfortable enough to relax to help things slow down.

Anyway...that is my update. Ready to go home on Friday so I can be back to my midwife/doc and hopefully figure out what her game plan is from this point on. Right now we are in Kansas City with my husband (this is where he works) so glad he was here for this yet I want to go home.

October 9th, 2013, 05:07 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OH, my, Allie! ((HUGS)) I'm so glad the cervix is still closed and not ready to get that baby out of there and I hope the meds help diminish those contractions so you can rest up. How scary... PTL is nothing to scoff at, as we've already seen with Micah and Bree.

Have a safe trip home and rest up while you can!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Eek! Glad you went in. I hope they can keep you baking for another 5 or 6 weeks!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
October 9th, 2013, 05:32 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Allie))))) How scary! Please do take it VERY easy.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
October 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so scary, I'm so so sorry! Are you visiting your husband? Weren't you supposed to be in Kansas City around this time? I'm just assuming that's where your DH is. I just hope you're not alone. Keep that baby baking mama! (((((hugs)))))!

October 9th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
Yikes! Scary! Take it easy and I hope you feel better!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Yikes, hope it settles down for you soon....good thing you went and got checked out though.

I hear you on those beds though....they are so uncomfortable. That's the No. 1 reason I always ask to go home after 24 hours... can't stand to be in those beds...hurts my back so bad!

October 9th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How scary! I hope he continues to bake and you feel better soon!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 9th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah we are in KC with my husband and will be going back to KY on Friday most likely. Taking it easy until then.

Those beds are torture devices....seriously.

October 9th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Aww, I can't imagine what a scary experience that was for you and I'm so glad you decided to get checked! Just rest and take care of yourself! Hope your little boy bakes for a few more weeks!
October 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah those beds do stink! Hoping baby stays put for awhile longer yet.
October 10th, 2013, 03:44 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad he's not ready yet!!

how scary.

:HUG: Prayers to you that he stays put as long as possible.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
October 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Veteran
Big hugs, hang in there!
TTC #1 since 7/2011

Make a pregnancy ticker

IVF
Retreival 3/15
15 eggs
13 fertilized w/icsi
Transferred one blast 3/20
9 frosties
Beta # 1 8dp5dt 3/28-132!!!!
Beta #2 12dp5dt 4/1-868!!!
Spotting 4/12
Beta #3 23dp5dt 4/12-47,000
U/S-4/23 measured 7 wks 6 days; 162 HB!

October 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! Very scary!! Glad you're doing better. Take it easy mama and keep that baby baking!

October 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very scary! So glad baby is hanging in there and I hope he continues to do so for several more weeks.

October 10th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. So far today zero contractions!! I had a few yesterday but none that lasted very long or were very strong.

Midwife appointment on Tuesday now as I was going in on Monday but was going to have to see the 2nd midwife and not my own and my midwife called today and said she wants to see me not let Susan the other midwife do it. So I am on procardia until Tuesday and then hoping I can stop taking them. I hate hate hate hate hate taking anything while pregnant. I am taking it easy with small things that I do here and there until Tuesday gets here.

October 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Oh scary! I'm glad to hear the contractions have slowed down and i hope they stay away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search