skin tags...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Betts
  • 3 Post By Betts
  • 1 Post By Betts
  • 2 Post By redbirds

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2013, 07:15 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
These ugly little things...

I got 2 or so from my first pregnancy, asked my doc about them and she said they'd go away after pregnancy. yeah, right. Never did. Got 2-3 each more from pregnancy 2 and 3, and with this one, I've got a couple more. GOOD LORD!

Does anyone know how to get rid of these things? My daughter said I should just cut them off with scissors... I laughed, then thought, yeah, I have scissors, hydrogen peroxide, ice cubes and bandaids...

So, besides paying the full cosmetic-fee from my dermatologist, does anyone have any SURE ways to freeze/get these buggars off? Something certain, not possible. If I'm going to do this or pay for whatever it will take to get rid of these, I want to be sure it will work!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 9th, 2013, 07:17 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Isn't there a liquid you can put on them to make them fall off? I remember seeing something like that on a commercial. I'll look it up.

Anyway, I have never had any until this pregnancy. I have a couple under my one boob. Totally grossing me out!

Here are some home remedies.

Natural Home Remedies For Skin Tag Removal | LIVESTRONG.COM

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Last edited by swade66; October 9th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
October 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would do a search online. My skin is crazy this pregnancy. Not getting skin tags but little broken blood vessels and new moles and a couple grew! I had them checked twice and they said its from pregnancy. Crazy what being pregnant can do to your body and that with each pregnancy comes new or different things.

I thought I read somewhere about using floss to get rid of tags, not sure though!
October 9th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
I've always had them. I get little small ones.

I went to the dermatologist and all they did was take little scissors and snip them off. But I can do that myself, so I usually take my sharp cuticle clippers and boil them and clean the area with rubbing alcohol and just snip them off. It only feels like a little pinch and they only bleed for a little bit. But it's pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetiePeas View Post
I would do a search online. My skin is crazy this pregnancy. Not getting skin tags but little broken blood vessels and new moles and a couple grew! I had them checked twice and they said its from pregnancy. Crazy what being pregnant can do to your body and that with each pregnancy comes new or different things.

I thought I read somewhere about using floss to get rid of tags, not sure though!

Yeah I've done that too. If you have a slightly bigger one you can tie a piece of floss around the base.( I used a strand of my hair)

It cuts off the circulation and it falls off in a few days.

Lovely, isn't it?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They run in my family, and as I age they are cropping up all over the place! EW! I know about the scissors and tying off, but I'm too chicken to cut 'em myself! LOL! And the one I did tie off *I* thought was painful ~ definitely cover it with a Band-aid if you do to keep it still. UGH I'm such a WIMP! LOL!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
October 9th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I've also used the liquid to burn them off, but it's hard to get it only on the tiny skin tag, and it really burns pretty badly. And you get all these little welt looking marks where you put it, and then they turn into scabs. Snipping them off is much easier and less painful.

Haha! Sandi I'd cut them off for you if I could. I do my mom's and brother's too. They do run in my family.
hugssandi likes this.

Last edited by Betts; October 9th, 2013 at 07:32 PM.
October 9th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Well... good to know, ladies. I'm about ready to snip away The other remedies look interesting, but man, I can tell you I won't remember to do those things 2-3x/day for weeks Joys of pregnancy.

October 9th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I NEED YOU, BETTS! LOL! Also as I age? WARTS! GROSS! And on my FACE 'mon!!!!! EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Speaking of aging, they also don't tell you about your eyelashes. Mine were beautiful in the glory days, but now they're thin and short! My best feature... GONE! ~sniffle~

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
October 9th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Let me at you with my scissors!!! I love grooming people. Like in a gross way. I love to squeeze blackhead out of people. Hahaha! Ewwww huh??

Unfortunately, everyone around me has good skin, so no blackheads. Wait till this little girl is a teenager, she'll have to run from my pinchers!!

October 9th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Well, TMI, but I have one HUGE skin tag on my inner thigh. It's been there my whole life! UGH that's gross.

October 9th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Really?? Just tie some floss around it! Tie a loop, but before you tighten it, slip it over the skin tag and tie it tight. That sucker will die and fall of in a week! It's an easy spot to hide too.
hugssandi likes this.

October 9th, 2013, 07:57 PM
OH, Betty!!! I can't do it! My daughter doesn't seem to mind, but I just CAN'T!

I may suck it up and pull out the scissors tomorrow! I'll let you know if I'm brave enough. I have a couple on my back, though and DH would be the only one able to reach them. I wonder if he'd do it.
hugssandi and Betts like this.

October 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Haha! I understand! It's one of those things that you have to just do! It really doesn't hurt that bad , just a little pinch! You just have to have the nerve to do it!!

My hubby won't do it for me. He can't either! But my mom will. I have a couple on my back that I need her to get for me. Hehheh.

October 9th, 2013, 11:51 PM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
I have been getting them on my neck. I usually just pinch them between my fingernails and pull them off...
October 10th, 2013, 01:49 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't goten skin tags, just random rashes and hives during the pregnancy.

I did post to say thanks for the advice, going to pass this along to my so.. he has a few...maybe he'll try one of these options.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search