O/T:Organization

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By lily26
  • 2 Post By HorseGal
  • 1 Post By NCRG2010
  • 1 Post By JulieMc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2013, 03:30 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A little off topic, but does anyone have any good organization tips, or websites for the house??

I have been nesting really hardcore as of late and I am a very disorganized person. Choas overwhelms me and not alot gets done. I do subsribe to flylady, but the house work isn't the problem.. it's the "where the hell do I fit this cute random thing...?"
We are in the process of gutting the house, carpets, free/cheap furniture hunting, repainting... so I figured now is a perfect time reorganize everything.

Its kind of my goal too.. to be organized by the time she gets here.
hugssandi likes this.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
October 10th, 2013, 04:38 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the same boat here....

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
October 10th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Yep! I've also been nesting like crazy, we just bought totes to put clothes he wont be wearing for awhile in (6 months and up)

October 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pinterest has a lot of good ideas
October 10th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I second what Kendal said. I get tons of ideas off Pinterest!

October 10th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with checking Pinterest.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
Girl! I'm the exact same way. I have no organizational skills, and I just get overwhelmed too!

Let me know if you find a good solution.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 10th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just hired a professional organizer and she sucked. Lol but my new housekeeper is amazing at organizing stuff. The key is having storage areas. I went and bought a ton of plastic bins so everything had a placenta a shelf. Small ones for hair stuff, things like that, and labeled all the boxes. It looks amazing., we also went to ikea and bought wardrobe closets for the bedroom and that worked out amazing. Better than a dresser!
lily26 likes this.
October 10th, 2013, 06:16 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH you guys! Pinterest, shminterest! It's not like Pinterest does it for you...

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
October 10th, 2013, 06:58 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I'm no help. I will go on these mega organizing kicks and get everything looking all spiffy and organized....and then it all goes to hell because something happens and I can't/don't keep up with it. UGH. I think the major problem is....every friggin place we've lived, there is no extra space for storage...

I am about to go on one again though. Lord knows I need to get this place together before the twins come because it's likely to be chaos here for a few months when they arrive!
redbirds likes this.

October 10th, 2013, 09:11 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I had everything TOTALLY and beautifully organized BEFORE kids. Now, I'll spend hours re-organizing and putting things away and literally 10 min of their time, they have it all out of sorts. I gave up.

We're out of room, but I agree one of the big keys is just making sure you have a dedicated space for things. Totes, bins, closet space, etc... can be a Godsend! I have little bins for "misc hair stuff" and such, so you can still put the misc. stuff in their own "miscellaneous" space.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 10th, 2013, 10:16 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
See I'm the opposite...the key to getting toys organized for me has been getting rid of a lot of bins, etc. because it was too easy for me to just dump crap in there bc it was hidden. We do have a toy table from ikea that has 4 small bins, 4 medium bins and 2 large bins underneath it but that's it and each bin has Specific things that go in it...the 2 bug hins are thebtrain set and the no category toys, the medium bins are balls, homeschoool stuff, crayons, etc, wooden toys and this noahs ark thing they got from an auntt...the small bins are cars/trucks, their little farm animals, their little bean bag game and then magnets and sych.....everything else goes in a cubby on the shelf...I'd it doesn't fit, something goes to make room for it. My kids only have a very small amount of toys in their rooms (a small bin). I go through toys every 2m or so and take a load to the Salvation Army. I hate toys!!!!!

Under the bathroom sink everything is in a clear bin and its labeled...same with our pantry, DH built me shelves for laundry baskets so they have a home. Too small Clothes are in space saver bags in huuuuuge totes in the storage room, and old shoes are in a big basket banded together by pairs.

IF something gets left laying around it becomes mine until a chore earns it back, if its mine a week it becomes the salvation army's. I'm mean

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 11th, 2013, 01:39 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies!! yea finding the storage space seemsto be my problem...i end up with a few junk drawers, or some things in the shelf under the coffee table or our laundry room is a random place for random things and everytime I look through the "junk piles"to find something i get seriously frustrated that it looks horrible.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
October 11th, 2013, 05:47 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
Now, I'll spend hours re-organizing and putting things away and literally 10 min of their time, they have it all out of sorts. I gave up.

OMG..this. And my husband does not get it. I clean and everything is looking awesome...and 5 minutes later they've destroyed it. Sometimes I'll do it over, other times I give up. He thinks our house is supposed to look like a friggin magazine spread. He said his other friends with kids have impeccably clean houses, even my sister. I call total bull**** on that. When has he ever shown up unannounced to see what it REALLY looks like? Of course people have it looking fab when guests are coming over. UGH. Idiot.

October 11th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For me, it's fighting the clutter and trying not to keep too much extra stuff or else it's impossible to organize. I follow the rule of if I have not worn or used the item within a year, it needs to go. I'm actually excited that in about a year, I can sell all my baby stuff which will free up tons of space.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
we've got a lot of fabric bins everywhere, for toys, shoes, etc. That's about as good as I get. I love IKEA

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search