Friday Five

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redbirds

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 07:46 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday?
2. Do you have a Friday night ritual?
3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end? For SAHM, trust i know your work week never ends
4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see?
5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 11th, 2013, 08:03 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday? End of my work week.

2. Do you have a Friday night ritual? We usually get pizza on Friday night.

3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end? For SAHM, trust i know your work week never ends. End

4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see? No clue which movies are coming out this weekend.

5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays? I dress casual every day. We're a laid back office.

October 11th, 2013, 08:51 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That I don't have to come back here for 2 days!!!
Not really. We usually eat out and do a little shopping.
3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end? For SAHM, trust i know your work week never ends
It's the end of the week for me!!
Nope, nothing really catches my eye, except maybe "Gravity," but that started last weekend.
5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays?
It's business casual through the week for me but Friday is ALWAYS Casual Friday!!!

October 11th, 2013, 09:10 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday? It is the end of my work outside the home week.

2. Do you have a Friday night ritual? Not really

3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end? For SAHM, trust i know your work week never ends. No parents work week ever ends. For me Friday means two days of one job rather than two.

4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see? No clue.

5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays? I dress casual all week.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
October 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday? I really dont get too excited about Fridays - Sam works 7 days a week, and im a mostly sahm, but i have to work every other friday until 1030pm (tonights not so bad, 6p-1030p..usually its 2-1030)...we usually try to go out to eat if i dont have to work though
2. Do you have a Friday night ritual? pre-job it was movie night, now every other week is movie night and the opposite weeks dad takes them bowling or something
3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end? For SAHM, trust i know your work week never ends I work Sat & Sun, then Friday, then Wednesday, then Sat/Sun and repeat...so its kind of the middle?
4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see? I also want to see Gravity, but nothing coming out this week seems too appealing to me
5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays? at my job you can wear jeans on Fridays, but i never do...scrubs are WAY more comfortable than jeans, i dont understand why anyone would want to wear jeans.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 11th, 2013, 09:57 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday? I just always liked Fridays, start of a weekend, kind of laid back... good TV shows and (tonight) GREAT baseball!

2. Do you have a Friday night ritual? Not really... Tonight, we're going to a fall festival for DD1's school and then coming home to watch the Cards play the Dodgers.

3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end? I WFH, so my work week never ends. Friday is a pseudo-busy day, usually.

4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see? Gravity looks great! BUT... we never get to go to the movies, so I'll just wait until it comes out

5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays? Working from home, I wear whatever I find comfy. Today, I'm in windbreaker pants and a long sleeve sporty shirt. COMFY.
bundle2baby likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. My favorite is because its our out to eat day
2.We usually do family errands and save fun stuff for Saturdays.
3.i am a SAHM but DH is Monday-Friday and some Saturdays.
4.Don't pay much attention to movies unless they are kid related. We rarely go out without the kids.
5. Fridays are bill day and stuff so I try to get alot done before weekends. I take it a bit easier on Sundays.

Last edited by SweetiePeas; October 11th, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
October 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
-- That is is Friday!!!

-- I let DS1 stay up a little late so we can cuddle and watch TV or a movie.

-- End

-- Movies... hahahahahahhha

-- I wear jeans 2-3 times a week lately at work because I have run out of comfortable clothes. I keep a dress at work in case of emergency meetings with clients.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
October 11th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday? I have every other Friday off (I work Friday one week, Saturday the next), and on weeks that I work Friday I have a 3 day weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon)

2. Do you have a Friday night ritual? Not really. I get paid on Fridays so I always pay my bills and write DH a check for the household bills. We also usually go out to dinner on Fridays

3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or
the end? It is the end of my week. On weeks that I have Fridays off I work Saturday and have Sunday and Monday off

4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see? I'd like to see Runner, Runner but it has been months since we've been to the movies. The theater near us has "Bargain Tuesdays" where you pay $7 instead of $11 to see a movie, so we usually try and go Tuesdays

5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays? If I'm working, we're allowed to wear jeans on Fridays. If I'm at home I'm in sweats or yoga pants
October 11th, 2013, 12:09 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I forgot about Runner, Runner. I'd like to see that too. When does it come out?

October 11th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday? Crazy-busy work and school week is over! I get to spend more time with my DH.

2. Do you have a Friday night ritual? Not really, DH relax and try to catch up with one another without as many interruptions. Usually it's pizza night, but I can't even look at tomatoes right now with this stupid heartburn!

3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end? The end sort of...mama's always on duty.

4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see? Nope. Not a fan of movie theaters. We will be watching the big Cardinal/Dodger game tonight. DH is a long time fan of the Dodgers, but DH knows I will be rooting for the Cards b/c I'm not a Dodger fan.

5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays? Sometimes yes, but since I'm feeling better today I got myself together. After a week of the nasties, it feels good to get dressed nicely and put on makeup!

October 11th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Runner, Runner is out now
October 11th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday? That it's the part of the weekend that's furthest away from Monday!

2. Do you have a Friday night ritual?my husband and I go out to dinner and talk about our week.

3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Is it in the beginning, the middle, or the end? the end of my workweek.

4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see? I'm not good at watching movies. I don't have the attention span. I can sit and read for hours, but movies don't really do it for me.

5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? If you are at home, are you a little easier on yourself on Fridays. i wear scrubs and tennis shoes every day. Can't get more casual than that!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 11th, 2013, 10:31 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your favorite thing about Friday? I'm off thursday nights so I get to sleep somewhat like a normal person on friday mornings.

2. Do you have a Friday night ritual? Ya... it's called work... boo

3. Where does your work week fall on Friday? Fridays are my "mondays"

4. Are there any movies coming out this weekend you want to see? I actually have no idea!

5. If you work outside the home, do you dress casual on Fridays? No, I have to wear a uniform to work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search