It must be my "hormones"

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By monkeymama2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
Either that or I am about to scream until we find some other living arrangements that do NOT involve my mother in law and her two little dogs.
Also I realized this week that I'm having a baby in two months. TWO.Not even necessarily alllll the way at the end of December. Yes it's awesome! And I'm freaking the H E double L out! We have plenty of clothes and equipment, yet we still don't have her crib or a breast pump.

Ugh I need to go clean something or I'm going to sit down with the box of nutty bars in the pantry.

October 11th, 2013, 11:23 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'd have already torn into that box of nutty butters

I'm with you on the house arrangements, although we're in a different situation in that we own our house and it's just CRAMPED and I can't necessarily get rid of the problem (children) as they are NOISY and wake each other up and make huge messes because we do not have any storage space. We've literally been looking for a new place or land to build for over a year and sometimes I want to cave on my requirements, and then I realize NO, if we are going to cave, may as well stay put!

Hang in there and I hope there's a better housing solution opportunity on your doorstep soon. That is SOOOO stressful, I know and I'm with you!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 11th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds stressful. I would have issues living with my inlaws. As far as having a baby, in 2 months. It's starting to hit me too. A little anxious about going from 2 to 3 but mostly want to have her to start claiming back some of my pre pregnancy self.
October 11th, 2013, 12:27 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, it does sound stressful. I could not do the inlaw thing, personally. We lived with my parents for a couple months while we were buying our house and it was not pleasant.

October 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I feel for you. Living with anyone in addition to your significant other is difficult, especially your in-laws. When my husband and I first started dating, his grandmother lived in the house and he also had a tenant renting a room. I refused to move into the house until it would be just the two of us. Adding in extra people changes the dynamic of your relationship.

I am also starting to freak out about the impending birth of my babies. We just ordered our cribs today and are gearing up to have work done on our house for the next month or so.

I hope everything works out for you and you can find a living situation that you are comfortable with. Hugs! Oh, and definitely have one of those nutty bars! You deserve it.
October 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No inlaws, but 1000 sq ft and 5 going on 6 people! A few tiny closets. It's awful. I am the expert at maximizing space. I will use any surface and crevice. But it's super stressful and my bedro is the catch-all right now so stepping around boxes and baskets. We need to move bad but a crooked builder owes us money from a deal that fell through (like--A LOT) and we can't really move until he pays us back.
hugssandi likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Hang in there! It'll all come together.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
October 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Ugh. My SIL lived with us for two years. We moved into her house because ours was too small when my 2nd kid came around (we own a 2 bedroom). She was supposed to move out, and she never did. She sprung that on us after all our stuff was already moved over. So, we never paid her the rent then that we agreed to because we never agreed to move into a house WITH her. We lived there for a little over two years, and it gave us a chance to get our finances in order. FIL passed away last November, and we jumped on the chance to buy his old 4-bedroom house..which is where we are now..moved in in May. We never saw that coming and I am so glad we are here now....and WITHOUT the SIL. It was a great help at times having her around (built in babysitter and whatnot), but she would undermine our parenting all the time and has created some real issues....like potty training..OMG, she ruined that for us and now its a power struggle with the kids. Anyways.....suck it up as long as you can, and keep in mind..you never know what the future holds, and maybe a better situation will be coming along soon!! Living with ILs can be very trying for sure and I feel your pain.

October 11th, 2013, 07:38 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Summer)))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama2 View Post
No inlaws, but 1000 sq ft and 5 going on 6 people! A few tiny closets. It's awful. I am the expert at maximizing space. I will use any surface and crevice. But it's super stressful and my bedro is the catch-all right now so stepping around boxes and baskets.
I SO need your help!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search