QOTD... Monday

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By redbirds
  • 1 Post By blakesgirl09
  • 1 Post By JulieC7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2013, 09:12 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Do/did you have a baby shower planned? If so, when is/was it?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, had a little family only one on Sept 21st. As a group we went to my 3d/4d ultrasound and then had lunch together and a small shower.
October 20th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
No baby shower for me. If I do have one it will be a total surprise because no one has told me about it. I had a small one for my first baby and still have everything brand new, just waiting to be used.

My mom mentioned having a "meet the baby" get together where people can bring gifts if they want to. I think that sounds nice but I'm weird about germs and getting a big group of people together during cold and flu season. Not really what I want to do. I have a moby wrap so I plan on wearing Toren and hoping no one wants to hold him (yea right, what are the chances people wont want to hold a newborn?!) BUT even the meet the baby get together isn't written in stone yet. She was just brain storming ideas since there isn't much left I really need for this baby. Well... besides an electric pump. That's pretty much the only thing I want that I haven't picked up yet.

October 20th, 2013, 09:35 PM
I'm not having one, either. This is our 3rd girl, so we pretty much have everything we need. My mom did buy us a woombie swaddle piece which I'm excited to try, as I haven't tried the zippered ones before. I'd like a new double elect pump, as mine's dying, but I want to wait to see if our insurance actually will cover one. Showers are fun, but we don't need much...
Ame C likes this.

October 21st, 2013, 03:58 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
No shower here... After 6 Kids no one really cares if you're pregnant or not anymore... Totally didn't expect one. I had a shower off my first two though, so that was nice!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
October 21st, 2013, 04:07 AM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
I had one already for DF's family, and one for my family this Saturday. The one I already had was pretty small, but we got a lot of things we needed. The upcoming one however... That one is going to be huge. I plan on going all out and decorating I'm not the type to let other people decorate for me ... I love to come up with ideas and themes myself

October 21st, 2013, 04:12 AM
Super Mommy
this Sunday... Can't wait..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
October 21st, 2013, 05:06 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No. I did have more than one person ask about it, but I have declined. We actually could use a few things, but still I am at peace.

I have been fortunate to have had baby showers for four babies, as I have friends who love celebrating new life. We don't always make it about gifts! Then I have family members who DEFINITELY disagree with this, and they'd show up with a plant just to make a statement. I love plants! I just know what it means and how to read between the lines.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
October 21st, 2013, 06:44 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
No shower here. These are babies No. 3 & 4. I'm sure they'll be getting Christmas gifts though. My mom has picked up some things for the babies, and my grandma is buying me 4 huge cases of diapers. We pretty much have everything we need anyways. Just need to buy another car seat...

October 21st, 2013, 06:54 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had our shower this past Saturday! We had a wonderful time and lots of good fellowship. It was a couple's shower so DH was able to be there and we definitely enjoyed it. The only thing that we didn't get, is our pack n play but we kind of figured that would happen. We received 2 swings, so we will take one back and exchange for the pack n play. We also haven't got our car sear and stroller yet but DH's parents are getting us that, they just haven't gone and gotten it yet. Other than a few small things, "just in case bottles" and such, I think we are pretty much set!
hugssandi likes this.

October 21st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Work is throwing me a diaper shower on November 1. Other than that, nope. This is #2.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
October 21st, 2013, 06:56 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
No shower here.

We will have a meet the baby/house warming party.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
October 21st, 2013, 06:56 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
My students from last year threw me a surprise one in June and I cried like a baby.
swade66 likes this.
October 21st, 2013, 07:12 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
My coworkers threw me a shower on Friday and it was wonderful. My mom and MIL are throwing me a shower with family and friends on November 3rd. I can't wait for that one!
October 21st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had one on Saturday. The only bigger thing we needed was our pack and play and we did recieve that. We received tons of adorable clothes. We just need a few odds and ends and we will be ready and I'll be getting those this weekend. It was a lot a of fun and since DH's family threw it, I jhad him come too. I think he was the most excited and had a great time. I had more fun watching him take it all in

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 21st, 2013, 04:48 PM
I wanna see pics and hear more about these showers! so fun!!

October 21st, 2013, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a tentative one planned for November 10th but honestly I could care less! I pretty much have everything I need and I like showers for other people...meh not so much for myself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search