Any interest in a Cyber Shower??

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By feythful
  • 1 Post By redbirds

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't want to step on anyone's toes but we did it in my last DDC and I thought it was so neat! We can vote on the limits and things of that nature. I'm just curious if there is any interest. Some of us could be having babies as early as a month from now so if this is something we want to do, we should get the ball rolling.

October 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
Aww, this is lovely! I can't do it because of where I live (unless someone else in the EU wants to be my partner?) but it sounds really cool!
October 21st, 2013, 01:17 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I chose to do the bead swap instead (and I swear, I'm still waiting on mail to get forwarded from some of the late mailers, I'm not slacking), was because in case someone signed up and didn't follow through, no one would have been out 20 or 30 dollars (gift plus shipping) without getting anything in return. It happened in my last 2 DDCs and I'd be really disappointed if I had done the work and didn't get anything in return. As it turns out, we had 5 who signed up for the bead swap and didn't complete it, so you might want to take that into consideration.
anybodyinthere likes this.

October 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, you're right and that's a really good point. It was just a thought.

October 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Super Mommy
I'll be intrested.. what does it entail?

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
October 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This x1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
I chose to do the bead swap instead (and I swear, I'm still waiting on mail to get forwarded from some of the late mailers, I'm not slacking), was because in case someone signed up and didn't follow through, no one would have been out 20 or 30 dollars (gift plus shipping) without getting anything in return. It happened in my last 2 DDCs and I'd be really disappointed if I had done the work and didn't get anything in return. As it turns out, we had 5 who signed up for the bead swap and didn't complete it, so you might want to take that into consideration.

October 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
We had a swap in all 3 of my last DDC's and I had 1 time where I was "forgotten" or my person just dropped out. It bugged me, but in the end, I still did the other 2 swaps. They are fun!

My DDB and I are going to have our own little gift swap (Samantha!! ) Maybe we could go that route instead? But then, if you didn't sign up for DDB's, you'd be stuck.

I don't know if there's ever a right answer for this. It's a sticky thing, but the cyber showers are SOOOO fun!

Last one, we didn't have anyone skipped, and this is why: We had requirements... Like, needed to have so many posts in the DDC, needed to post frequently lately (so no lurkers or people likely to skip out) and so forth. Don't know if that would work for those who don't have DDB's already assigned and want to do it?
novastar222 likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 21st, 2013, 03:21 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I don't want to say that I'm not interested because it sounds like a nice idea, but it's just not feasible for me. With the construction on the house, two babies, and Christmas coming I'm pinching pennies as it is.
October 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved it when we did it in my first DDC. I don't think we ever had a problem in that group. I think setting up requirements is a fair idea.
October 21st, 2013, 04:07 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's a FABULOUS idea! I'm not financially in the position to participate, but I so wanna see yer LOOT!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
October 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I loved my first experience. My second was good too.

However, like both our hosts have said people drop out and don't send and it isn't fun.

If someone else organizes one i would say to make sure you require shipping tracking and be selective about who is in it. Swapping with your DDB is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
We had a swap in all 3 of my last DDC's and I had 1 time where I was "forgotten" or my person just dropped out. It bugged me, but in the end, I still did the other 2 swaps. They are fun!

My DDB and I are going to have our own little gift swap (Samantha!! ) Maybe we could go that route instead? But then, if you didn't sign up for DDB's, you'd be stuck.

I don't know if there's ever a right answer for this. It's a sticky thing, but the cyber showers are SOOOO fun!

Last one, we didn't have anyone skipped, and this is why: We had requirements... Like, needed to have so many posts in the DDC, needed to post frequently lately (so no lurkers or people likely to skip out) and so forth. Don't know if that would work for those who don't have DDB's already assigned and want to do it?
Even with the requirements last time a couple people didn't ship. They just disappeared from the DDC forever.

The people without DDBs could get paired together.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
October 21st, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like the idea and would be willing. I know there are some girls who have DDB's that aren't here anymore.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 21st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do not even know who my DDB is! I admit I was one who dropped out of the bead thing as I had a lot of things going on at the time to get the beads shipped in time and did not want to hold anybody up. I did let someone know before though..I participated in one for another DDC and my person disappeared... I would be willing to try it again as the crazy things have calmed down now..
October 22nd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
Did you ever get my beads? I replied back to your private message but I haven't gotten a response. If not please let me know so I can send the remaining beads on Thursday priority mail to you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search