30 Week Appointment - Fun fun!

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kayakr

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I had my much awaited, 30 week appointment today. I didn't get scolded for not calling or coming in yesterday. I am up 22lbs total, and my blood pressure was good. I am now measuring 42 weeks, whereas last week I was measuring 38 weeks..so its quite a jump.

We talked about a lot of things. She said she wants Baby A to flip, but is not hopeful that she will because Baby B is so large and taking up so much space with the extra fluid as well, and if A doesn't go head down I will need a c-section. So I asked, if that happens, when would we set that up for. Of course she said they want babies to bake as long as possible, but her goal is for me to get to 35 weeks. Buuuut, she's not confident I will make it that far......which also means, I wouldn't be able to deliver there. I'd have to go to the larger hospital that they are affiliated with...University Hospital, which has a NICU at Rainbow Babies & Children's. Kind of sucky, but, Rainbow is ranked No. 2 NICU in the entire U.S. so that's good to know. But its definitely not as conveniently located.

She checked my cervix. I am now 2cm dilated, 50 percent effaced, and "soft". Last week I was 1cm dilated but still high and not soft. She is worried about this, so now I am officially on "modified bedrest", aka, taking it easy. She told me to ask family to help me out some more at home. I am to go in and get checked/monitored if I have 6 or more contractions in a hour, and she said she'd rather have me come in and get checked out all the time rather than have twins in the car (she knows I labor fast). So.....that's that.

Next Wed. I have another appointment with the midwife and on the same day I have my next ultrasound with the MFM doc. Monday, Tues., and Wed. I also have to go into their "infusion center" and get iron by IV (3 days) and then steroid shots (2 days) for the babies lungs because she is very concerned and wants to be cautious. That is an insane amount of appointments for one week....and Wed. I will be there for hours with 3 diff appointments.

Oh, and now at every weekly appointment I will also be having NSTs.

Summary: I'm measuring huge and she is concerned that their babies sizes and the weight on my cervix is going to throw me into labor early and that it likely could not be stopped. She did, however, say that twins born at 30 weeks do very well and I shouldn't be too worried, but be prepared for them to be in NICU for a little bit...but she hopes I can hold out to 35 weeks, which would put me right before Thanksgiving.

I think that's everything. Now we wait and see what happens...

Last edited by JulieMc; October 24th, 2013 at 12:49 PM.
October 24th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I'm glad you had an informative appointment! That does sound like a lot of appointments but at least it sounds like you're in good hands. Hope they bake until Thanksgiving! Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes next week. Keep us updated! And I'm jealous you've only gained 22 lbs with babies measuring ahead!
October 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Sounds like a good appointment and she is getting prepared now that you may go early. That is a good thing.

I go again on Monday for NST and growth U/S. Us twin mommies are all in the same week too! It will be interesting to see how this all plays out with us and when our delivery days will be.
I have gained 3 lbs!!!! However, I was 40 lbs over weight already. So I think we are all even!

My Dr never measures my belly - he said that is inaccurate and doesn't matter since having twins. I just asked him about that on Monday cause all you guys talk about being measured and they did it with my DS 15 years ago. I know I am bigger now at 30 weeks then I was at 39 weeks when I delivered DS.
TwinMamaS likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
October 24th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you can Hold them in a bit longer but twins are usually born earlier. My cousin had twins and lasted 38 weeks and the babies were HUGE for twins. Both over 7 lbs lmao
October 24th, 2013, 06:03 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They must be gaining nice and healthy if you're measuring so far along! I know it's a longshot, already being 2 cms, but I do hope you can keep them cooking as long as possible so they have the shortest stay in the NICU as possible - if they end up needing to be there. You should enjoy your bedrest You deserve to take it easy for the rest of your pregnancy! I can't imagine how much harder it must be growing 2 of these little creatures! Lol

October 24th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you can keep those babies cooking for a little while longer! My cousin had twins at 38 weeks also and they were close to 8 lbs each!
October 25th, 2013, 06:51 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
38 Weeks with 8 and 7 lb babies! UGH! Yeah for healthy babies but I don't think I can go a minutes past 37 weeks I think my guts will split open if my babies are that big. Being 5'2" there is just no more room already. lol
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
October 25th, 2013, 07:02 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Sounds like you have a plan of action, which is great and reassuring! FX that this modified bed rest DOES keep them baking for a couple weeks more, at least. Praying for that 35 week mark! That would be wonderful with this situation. You just keep telling your body and those babies they have 5 more weeks to go!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 25th, 2013, 07:13 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How goes the bed rest this morning??? Bake babies Bake!!!

October 25th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hoping you can keep those babies baking as long as possible! Rest up mama! Hard to believe our babies will be here soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search