32 week appt..sent to l&d and being transferred. ugh

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! Hope they stay in a bit longer! KUP

November 7th, 2013, 08:13 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Still contracting every 2-3 minutes...might be a touch stronger now, but they just checked me and I'm still at a 3 and 50%. They are keeping me overnight for monitoring and may let me go home in the morning if I still haven't progressed. This is definitely strange and concerning to me. I doubt I'll get much sleep.

November 7th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
Oh my gosh! Definitely saying a prayer for you tonight!

Hang in there! (((Hugs)))

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I hope everything they've given you has slowed things down a bit for a while. It could be you overdid it, or the exam irritated things, or whatever. False starts does occur, and probably more in twin pregnancies, due to irritable uterus. I'm hoping this is one of those false starts and you can bake those little babies a bit longer!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Saying prayers for you and the babies Julie. Hoping you can go home in the morning.

November 8th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Contractions just suddenly eased up around 1am, so they moved me to another area where I wouldn't be bothered as much and could rest. Got a couple hours sleep and now they have me on monitors again. It is picking up some pretty regular contractions but I'm not feeling them quite like last night. Really hoping I can go home this morning. Doc hasn't been around to check me yet so who knows.
bundle2baby, kayakr, Ame C and 3 others like this.

November 8th, 2013, 07:52 AM
I was just looking for an update. So glad they eased up and I hope they don't pick up as much as they did yesterday and you do get to go home and rest. You may have to be on bed rest (?) and if so, I hope you have some help!!!

November 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Hoping things slow down more and youre able to go home!
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

November 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I am beyond annoyed and pissed off. They want to keep me overnight again, and for no **** good reason. All they have done today was nst at 6am and bp and temp checks since...all have been awesome. I had an ultrasound at 9 am as well, and the doc who did that didn't even understand why they were doing it or keeping me still. Both babies looked great and got 8/8 on bpp. I haven't been able to eat all day because despite them telling me repeatedly I could, they keep not changing the orders with dietary...only now was I able to order food. I last ate at 10 pm when I was given the all clear. I'm not having contractions anymore. I'm irritable and have a headache from being starved all day. They haven't done a cervix check to even justify keeping me, but I'm sure when they do it will set off contractions for a few hours like it always does. This whole thing is a joke. I keep telling my husband I just want to sign myself out ama and he tells me that's crazy. But its not. I've been fine since last night. I think they almost WANT to cause me to go into labor. hows this for messed up too..they all keep insisting that this is my second stay here for ptl...um..ive never stayed in this hospital in my life!!! Argh.

November 8th, 2013, 12:06 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Julie)))))

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
November 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Id ask to speak with a hospital administrator! That usually gets the doctors moving and back on their toes and can get you out
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
November 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well I hope you feel better after eating and they see that all is well and send you on your way...
November 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM
OMG. Seriously. I'd also be out the door. You don't have to stay. I know they like their $$ but you just hang tough and tell them it's time to go, you feel fine, etc... Demand the release papers and head out. Go home, rest and bake those babies!

November 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would demand to speak to an administrator. im sorry youre dealing with this. and i would decline any vaginal exams because they set off contractions, then you dont have to worry about the nonsense! tell them you want to go home to K&L

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 8th, 2013, 03:16 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope they stay in!! I am gld you are going to such a great hospital though, even if it's been h*ll to get there :/ Hang in there mama!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

November 8th, 2013, 03:52 PM
My husband convinced me not to walk out, so I'm still here. I've just been sleeping. They haven't done anything much since, except picked up babies in the Doppler for a minute. So...now..the nurse just came in and tells me she has the laxatives that "they" (who is "they??!) ordered for me. WTH is up with that? I'm not constipated nor did I tell or suggest to anyone I was. I told the nurse I did not need it and wouldn't take it. Are they trying to give me the runs to dehydrate me and stimulate contractions? Am I being paranoid? There's just something off about ordering meds for a problem I don't have :/

November 8th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Oh, lord! Seriously. You need to talk to someone who knows what's going on!

November 9th, 2013, 04:50 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
Hoping and praying you can keep those little ones in there a while longer! Let us know if you get out today

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

November 9th, 2013, 05:59 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you!!!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
November 9th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
It's called running up the bill. Thats a 20 dollar laxative you know that will then cause you to go into PTL when you dehydrate or sit on the pot all night.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search