32 week appt..sent to l&d and being transferred. ugh

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2013, 01:56 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
So right now I am in l&d. I had a nst at my app...baby a did fine, b did not accelerate at all. I was also having alot of contractions. Cervix check revealed I
2-3 am 50%. Theysent me for more monitoring. I'm a bit pissed though..as soon as I got here the house on says they are sending me to another hospital with nicu. My car is stranded here and I left alll my stuff in there. Ugh. I'm still having alot of contractions.. I'll keep you all updated. It'll probably be just a night of annoyance and hassle before I get to go home.

November 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh that sucks! Sorry you're having to go through that. Hopefully everything goes well and you can go home tonight.

November 7th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
oh no! I hope everything is okay. ((hugS))

November 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Babies look fine on monitors here in l&d but now my contractions are starting to get more painful. I should be settled in at the bigger hospital by 6pm et.

November 7th, 2013, 02:39 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw man! At least they are watching you. Keep us posted.
November 7th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Oh boy...just learned that the doc who'll be overseeing me at the other hospital is someone id seen for recurrent miscarriage, and he was a major league ***. So much so that my midwife lodge a complaint for me with the head of maternity, who was an RE and told me the doc was out of line and would be talked to and then offered to see me at no charge to make up for the awful appt with the other guy. Can my luck get any worse?! Can I request someone else or am I stuck with whoever is on call??

November 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Julie))))) You have had enough hard times~praying over baby that doc situation right now!!!!! Will keep checking back in for your updates....

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
November 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh good luck!
November 7th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Aww, good luck! Good thing that the babies are looking good, though. Honestly if you dislike that doctor that much, I would just ask if you could request another doctor. The worst they can do is say no and you'll have to unfortunately deal with the jerk on duty
bundle2baby likes this.

November 7th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Good luck! Hopefully you can request a different doctor, or maybe that one has had an attitude adjustment. Keep us updated! Hope everything goes well.
November 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you {{Julie}}! I'm not sure about the hospital you're at, but I asked if I could request my OB if I had to go in to the hospital unscheduled. He said they can call him and he will make every effort to get down there as quickly as possible. Hoping you are able to get someone else. Hang in there mama! KUP

November 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I hope everything is fine and you get to go home so you don't have to worry with the butt-head doctor!

November 7th, 2013, 04:22 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope things settle down :-/
November 7th, 2013, 04:27 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
First, about the doc... it's a conflict of interest, as he *might* recall you lodged a complaint, and that should warrant a change of docs to oversee you. I'd definitely mention that and be persistent about seeing someone else.

Second, man, what a night! I'm sorry everything was left at the other hospital. Surely, they would have recognized the hardship and worked something out or helped find a way to get it all taken care of.

((HUGS)) Hope it is just one night of annoyance and inconvenience, and you get to go home tomorrow, at the latest! Glad both babies look good on the monitors. Keep us posted and hang tight! T's &P's, mama!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 7th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
(hugs!) Hopefully its just a night of monitoring and just agitation of your cervix that is causing the contractions!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
November 7th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Lurking from Jan ddc..just wanted to say I'm praying for you and babies! Bake longer babies!! Hope everything turns out ok and you get to go home!

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013
* After heartbreak and tears, and many fears my two blessings are here*

Relactating mama since march 13th 2014..don't ever stop something you
November 7th, 2013, 05:11 PM
The ambulance ride over was terrible, traffic was bad and they had to drive on the rumble strips..omg that hurt worse. Contractions were 2-3 min apart and still are. Cervix is still at 3. They will check again in a few hours. If I've progressed they will put me on magnesium if it looks like active labor because it helps with brain bleeds. There has been no talk of attempting to stop labor. Babies have been giving them quite the run around in the monitors so they got an ultrasound to find them....good news is they are both head down now. Might be let go late if no progress or might be kept overnight...if progress I'll be stuck. This hospital has the no. 2 nicu in the country, so if they do come early I am in thebrightbspot.

November 7th, 2013, 05:29 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OH my! Well, good news is you are in a great hospital for their care. 32 weeks is pretty good for twins, and I hope they are further developed than most singletons at this age. Still prayin', Julie! Do you have support where you are, family, friends, etc? I hope someone can be with you!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Cross your legs and keep those babies inside!

GOOD LUCK!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
November 7th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are at a good hospital , but hope babies can stay in a little longer.((hugs))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search