BTDT moms: How long until you got back to pre preg weight?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Assuming you managed to do it, how long did it take? How did you do it?

It took me about 3 months and it was honestly just the breastfeeding I am guessing, although I did work out a little bit. Emphasis on the LITTLE bit, haha! Then when DS started adding some solids and I was breastfeeding him less (this happened probably 8 months pp) I gained 10 pounds back lol! Oops.

November 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Lost all but 10 pounds by day 17. Had no desire to lose the last 10 pounds -- so I waited. I exercised and dieted for 6 weeks about a year later and i lost 12 pounds. I kept on 5 pounds since my first was born. ETA: I gained 45, lost 35 by day 17. I was pumping.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Last edited by Oriyan; November 9th, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
November 8th, 2013, 04:27 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost most of the weight within a month. The last 10lbs took forever!! Like over 6 months.

November 8th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost al but about 10 pounds within a month but was about 10 poumds underweight so I didn't try. Hopefully it comes off somewhat fast this time.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 8th, 2013, 06:04 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never have gotten back to my ORIGINAL weight. With #4 I only gained 16 pounds, so after birth I was back to my already heavy weight. This time I've gained 5 pounds, so I'll be back to my pre-even-heavier weight.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
November 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 60 lbs with my son, a lot of which was swelling. When my swelling finally went away around 2 weeks PP, I had dropped 30lbs. I lost about 18 more by 9 months PP, and got pregnant again

During m/s I made it back to my pre-preg weight, but of course I've gained all that back again lol

November 8th, 2013, 06:21 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Not once.

I started at 140 and gained 70lbs and got back to 155. With Flynn I shot back up to 210 and after got back down to 165. Then I got pregnant again and I am back up to 210 already.

I swear my body just gains gains gains NO MATTER WHAT while I am pregnant.

THIS will be the time. THIS time I AM going to get back to 140. I HAVE TO!
anybodyinthere likes this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
November 8th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was at or just below my prepregnancy weight walking out of the hospital every time. I don't expect that this time, being that I've gained more than I ever have before.

November 8th, 2013, 08:21 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
All but 5 lbs by 6 weeks. The last 5 once baby weaned.
November 8th, 2013, 08:29 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 25 of the 30 within two weeks. Sweated and bled it out I think. Plus breastfeeding. I think the last 5 was gone by 4 months post partum. Then I lost an additional 15 during my divorce. I was anorexic looking for a while.
November 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember the time frame, but it was pretty fast with breastfeeding. Actually I think I lost a little too much over the three years I BF my son. I don't like the way I looked in pics and wouldn't mind hanging on to about 10 pounds.

November 8th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first I was heavy to start and lost weight during pregnancy gained back 20 and then lost 30 about by 2 months PP. Then the weight started flying off due to breastfeeding. Thats when I lost all my weight and started my 2nd pregnancy at a normal weight and gained 35 lbs and lost all of it a couple of months pp. I hope the same for this time, but I guess We will see!
November 8th, 2013, 10:20 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
BF sucks for me. My body does not want to lose. Last pregnancy, after I actually had a BABY, I didn't lose a freaking pound.

With DS, I worked out HARD and lost the 40 pounds in about a year.

With DD1, I worked out mediocre and lost about 30 pounds in a year...

So, I'm up 50 pounds from before all pregnancies, and another 18 pounds for this pregnancy and I also need to lose the 30 pounds extra I was carrying before pregnancies. Sucks.
hugssandi likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 8th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I gained 35 lbs during my first pregnancy. The day I got home from the hospital I had only lost 10-11 lbs. The other 25 lbs were gone within 3 months and that's with being in bed all day every day crying and only eating junk food like chips, brownies, cookies (I think it was a way of punishing myself because I was so depressed). I have a feeling I will lose the weight much faster this time.
November 9th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first I gained 50 lbs and it took 9-10 months to get off 45 of it (never lost the final 5, which is fine because I was too skinny before). With my second I gained 35 lbs, and it took about 5 months to get it off. And yes, I was breastfeeding both times.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
November 9th, 2013, 06:01 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gwynne, I am one of the lucky ones who finds it very difficult to lose while bf too. And for so many it just falls off! Not me.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
November 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugssandi View Post
Gwynne, I am one of the lucky ones who finds it very difficult to lose while bf too. And for so many it just falls off! Not me.
I gain while nursing, too. :/ Sucks.

November 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugssandi View Post
Same here. Those last 12 lbs were just stuck on me.. Til I got pregnant again and dropped them in 5 weeks.

Apparently, some of us are "blessed" with bodies that think they need the extra weight to produce milk. Heh!

November 9th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With Greyson I had gained 19lbs and by 5 weeks I was down 23. I only wish I could claim some of this extra weight on babies...Last Tuesday I was up 17lbs already. Hoping it will be gone by 6-8 weeks like last time and then I will try to loose the other 40-45lbs I should have lost before

November 9th, 2013, 04:24 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was super heavy after having DD, I was up almost 100 lbs. I lost all of that plus some in about 9 months. Then I gained quiet a bit of that back before getting pregnant this time. It had been almost 7 years! So, needless to say, I have a lot to lose now as well. It sucks and I really hope I can pull it off again!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search