You're a mean one, Mr. Hicks

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Last night was awful! I was up pretty much all night with BH contractions. It started right after dinner. I was just lying on the couch and all of a sudden my uterus just clamped down and it stayed that way for over a half hour. I was a little short of breath and just had a lot of tightness, mainly at the top of my uterus. It finally subsided but then started again within 45 minutes. So I decided to go to bed. I was freaking out because I really haven't had many BH contractions and I'm pretty sure they're supposed to come and go, not be constant. This was around 9:30-10:00. At 11:30 I was woken up by my uterus once again clamping down, so I got up and peed and got a drink. I was able to lie back down and go to sleep, but any time I moved to roll over it stimulated another contraction. Finally around 2:30 I got up and ate a little ice cream and had a small glass of milk because I think I've heard that calcium can help. I was able to go back to sleep and stayed asleep until about 4:30 before I had to hit the bathroom again and although I felt a little tightness, it was nowhere near as bad as it was earlier in the night. Thankfully they haven't returned this morning. I felt babies moving around and besides a little tightness in my back that passed after a few seconds I had no other symptoms.

I have an NST and an appointment with the nurse practitioner tomorrow, so I'll be talking to her about this. I wonder if I might have an irritable uterus? That's all Dr. Google came up with.

Has anyone else experienced a long contraction or tightening like that?
November 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I don't think that is abnormal. I was having some BH last night but sleep sent them away.

Our bodies are gearing up though. Irregular contractions, BH and cramping are all prelabor.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
November 10th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I have an irritable uterus -- and BHs make it 100 times more irritable in the sense that the BHs actually HURT. Today, i am VERY sore down low -- almost like a muscle is pulled -- but it's constant tightening instead.

Yay?
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
November 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
At the hospital they told me with twins at this far along, just their moving around can cause an irritable uterus.

November 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, I think I've been experiencing IU and it's not getting better since last weekend. Last night I was getting a little nervous because nothing was making them stop for like a few hours. It finally stopped when I fell asleep. I took a Caltrate calcium before bed (mainly for the reflux), which seems to help sooth the angry uterus just a bit. When the IU gets going though, everything makes it angry, not enough water, too much water, baby moving too much, full bladder or constipation, turning over, standing up too quick, walking..not fun!

November 11th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I spoke with my doctor today and she said it doesn't sound like BH, the babies were probably just balled up in weird positions and didn't move. Nothing to be concerned about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search