Weekly Chat Thread, Come One, Come All! (11/12/13 start)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree48Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I always posted tons of snow pictures (you know, before we moved to Texas), but it usually had the benefit of having my children in them. lol

November 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
It's snowing here right now and it's supposed to be in the 60s by Friday again...Tn weather-go figure.
I just finished my last slice of chocolate baby shower cake from this weekend. Seriously considering buying a small cake for myself and hiding it since MIL and DF got to most of it before I did.

November 12th, 2013, 12:02 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
We got snow overnight, and it is currently snowing lightly. It's 34 degrees. The kids have been begging to go play outside. They think there's enough snow to make snowmen (there's not). Plus, I can't go out there and tromp around with them.

I need a nap.

November 12th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Veteran
I fell asleep sitting up watching tv last night and my head bobbing forward woke me up. I don't think I've ever done that before.
TTC #1 since 7/2011

Make a pregnancy ticker

IVF
Retreival 3/15
15 eggs
13 fertilized w/icsi
Transferred one blast 3/20
9 frosties
Beta # 1 8dp5dt 3/28-132!!!!
Beta #2 12dp5dt 4/1-868!!!
Spotting 4/12
Beta #3 23dp5dt 4/12-47,000
U/S-4/23 measured 7 wks 6 days; 162 HB!

November 12th, 2013, 02:07 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OMG, you guys! This is awesome. I've been busy working and lunch and napping and I come back and here we all are, crazy dreams, snooty and sleeping on the job

YaY for an awesome NST, Shawn-Joy

I love snow. We haven't had much (and it's not unusual to have a quiet fall), but you can bet I'm ready for a white Christmas, especially since I KNOW this baby won't be camping out until then

I had a couple weird dreams, but I can't remember them. Seeing baby girl with pubic would FREAK ME OUT though and hoarders. YUCK. DH watched that for a few minutes and DD started going nuts and cleaning up everything in sight works as a reminder for 5 year olds, I guess

I got our lower level 2/3 cleaned up and ready for company. It's a huge job, as a good 2/3 of the kids' toys are also down there So, I also was able to purge and give a way a good deal of toys because all the kids were occupied (Kindergarten or babysat for the a.m.) If I tried doing that while any of them were home, we'd never get anywhere!

Gotta go pick up the oldest and wake the other 2 from nap time!

^^ OMG this is driving me crazy, I meant all snotty, not snooty, and it keeps kiicking me out, so I can't edit my posts. AAAK! And I can't access Igloo because of being kicked out all the time.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been a mucous making machine since I got my BFP. Actually before that since I had the never ending cold this past winter that lasted over a month. The pregnancy issues just kind of flowed right in after the cold. Every morning I have to blow my nose and hack up phlegm (sorry that was way TMI) before I get going. Cannot wait for that to be over with.

I also love snow but don't love driving in it so this pregnancy worked out perfectly lol. I get to stay home and look at all the pretty snow without having to commute to work. It snowed very lightly last night but it's cold enough that we still had a dusting on the lawn this morning. I told DD there was snow outside and she very excitedly said, "I wanna see! I wanna see!" I showed her out the window but I don't think she knows what to think of it just yet. I'm sure she'll love it once there's enough to play in. I sprayed her new little Ugg boots this morning to get them ready so she can get out and play in the snow and leaves. She loves the fallen leaves.

November 12th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That Hoarders show is seriously disturbing! I have NO idea WHY I watched that over the weekend. My house was already clean, but it was making me all OCD just watching the horrifying filth. It was like a train wreck I couldn't stop watching!

Good job on the toy purge. It's always way easier to do that stuff when the kids aren't home.

How annoying that JM keeps logging you out!

November 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never seen Hoarders, but I've definitely heard about it.

So I think I'm dealing with some anxiety this evening. Did a yoga class last night at our community center. It's NOT a prenatal class, but I've been talking with the instructor for months and felt confident. Only thing? SHE wasn't the teacher last night! UGH! So I made sure [the other teacher] knew of my "condition", she kinda gasped, gave me a few pointers, and off we went without another word of guidance.

Now I feel soooo stupid. I have done yoga in previous pregnancies, but not this one this time. I couldn't remember all the rules. I started in the lay on your back pose. I did do down dog, but I stopped after a few times due to it causing downward pressure. Weird that can happen with your butt in the air! I did the feet wide, hands on the floor out in front. Nothing else that could have been bothersome, and from my reading I should be fine from what I did. Still, I feel off today. I think it's anxiety~could I have hurt the baby in down dog with all that pressure? I have still been feeling movement, but my belly is a little sore (planks probably).

WOW I feel so stupid.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"

Last edited by hugssandi; November 12th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
November 12th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Sandi, I think you are OK because, if I remember correctly, when I was trying to get DS to flip from breech, I had to basically crawl down our stairs head first with butt in the air to try to move him, and of course it didn't work, but it was one of those positions. You probably just moved baby a little out of place and up to your ribs, but I don't think they'd include that sort of pose in spinning babies to flip a breech baby if it weren't safe.

So, I'm using Firefox instead of Safari and I'm not getting kicked out. Not sure why it's happening, but I found a "cure" for now that lets me post

November 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It never ever snows here so I'm jealous! It's 63 degrees here right now and I think that might be the coolest it's been yet! It feels really nice out!

Sandi, you are far braver than I! I can barely walk much less do downward dog at the moment!! The only yoga I have ever done is when DH and I tried p90x a couple of years ago! It was so hard! Not necessarily the yoga part itself but the entire program. Not to mention it's an hour a day! Who is the world has an hour a day they can just give up??

November 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Speaking of flipping babies, OB says he can't tell unless we do an u/s... And he's not worried enough about it to do one. But I think baby girl is posterior. *sigh* I feel her butt up top and her feet always kick straight in front, just like my son did.

But man I'm too lazy to do anything to make her turn but sit on my birth ball x.x

November 12th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
{{hugs}} Sandi, I'm sure baby is fine. I have off days where I can't tell if it's hormones or anxiety about D-Day.

I've been terrible about exercise this pregnancy. Just don't have the energy or desire. I know I'm totally out of shape, but figure I'll deal with it after baby is here. With my son I did a lot of walking with him in a sling.

November 12th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Super Mommy
it was supposed to snow here in Maryland, but it never did.. I swear those people get paid to lie about the weather..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
November 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Jan, I agree... I've not been working out as much with this one as I did with #3, and I think that may mean she won't be born as early. I have no energy! But, I am going to the gym tomorrow and Thursday. With #3, I went like 4-5x/week, but with this one, I'm lucky to get in 2-3x/week. I sure hope I'm going to lose the weight afterwards, because it sucked to work so hard through the last pregnancy and not lose a freaking pound afterwards.

Danialle, I can't tell if she's posterior, either... but so far I'm 2/2 with the girls being posterior and born with horrid back labor. I bet she's (#4) no different

Last edited by redbirds; November 12th, 2013 at 06:53 PM.
November 12th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I haven't been to the gym since the week before I found out I was pregnant. I was going to take a prenatal yoga class, and I brought home a prenatal yoga DVD from the library but it never made its way to the DVD player. I've just been so tired. I did do a lot of swimming over the summer, but other than walking and DTD I've gotten zero exercise since then. I think I'll do a lot of walking PP and I can't wait to get back to Weight Watchers. But for now, it's an effort just to get up off the couch.
redbirds and SweetiePeas like this.
November 12th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I'm paying for the clean up tonight! While the lower level looks ALMOST wonderful, my back is in CRAZY agony... nothing unusual or cause for concern, but definitely because I overdid it! I should have stayed on the couch today

November 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
Danialle, I can't tell if she's posterior, either... but so far I'm 2/2 with the girls being posterior and born with horrid back labor. I bet she's (#4) no different
I was lucky enough not to have back labor. I can't imagine. Poor mama. Hopefully neither of us have it this time around! But oh, you might like reading this (about posterior babies):
In Celebration of the OP Baby | MidwifeThinking

I found it right after I posted that, and it makes me feel a bit better about having an OP baby. Maybe our babies are posterior for a good reason!

November 12th, 2013, 08:50 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I cleaned up our lower level today also...we live in a split level. It was mostly filled with stuff from our move this summer that I didn't get around to because I was so sick feeling all the time then, and completely unmotivated. Just tons of clothes, mostly. So I got all that sorted out...but don't worry...I sat on either the floor or couch 90% of the time. Sorting and folding the clothes so dh can take them to a laundromat and wash them in bulk. The people SIL got to "help" us move just threw all our crap in boxes and bags, all mixed up, dirty and clean (ugh). So annoying.

Last thing left to do is get the babies room ready. Although I'm not sure they'll even use it for anything more than naps. Oh well. It's nice to have a cute baby room.

My husband is now concerned I may be having the babies soon.....because I always go on a surge right before birth.

November 12th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Patrick was posterior through the whole labor (the main reason it was such a long induction...I wasn't dilating).

Allison turned posterior toward the end.

I'd prefer anterior position of both my previous ones! lol

November 12th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugssandi View Post
I've never seen Hoarders, but I've definitely heard about it.

So I think I'm dealing with some anxiety this evening. Did a yoga class last night at our community center. It's NOT a prenatal class, but I've been talking with the instructor for months and felt confident. Only thing? SHE wasn't the teacher last night! UGH! So I made sure [the other teacher] knew of my "condition", she kinda gasped, gave me a few pointers, and off we went without another word of guidance.

Now I feel soooo stupid. I have done yoga in previous pregnancies, but not this one this time. I couldn't remember all the rules. I started in the lay on your back pose. I did do down dog, but I stopped after a few times due to it causing downward pressure. Weird that can happen with your butt in the air! I did the feet wide, hands on the floor out in front. Nothing else that could have been bothersome, and from my reading I should be fine from what I did. Still, I feel off today. I think it's anxiety~could I have hurt the baby in down dog with all that pressure? I have still been feeling movement, but my belly is a little sore (planks probably).

WOW I feel so stupid.
Its fine! I did this pose although with my butt hips on the couch and front end touching the floor every night for a week to get baby T to turn. I can't say that is what did it, or the ice pack on the top of my belly while putting lower belly in warm bath water, however baby should be fine from those poses!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search