Weekly Chat Thread, Come One, Come All! (11/12/13 start)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree48Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I would love to lay on my stomach again, even though I tend to be a side sleeper anyway... It just seems no fun when you HAVE to sleep on your side!

Sandi, I bet all these aches and pains lead to a wonderful L&D experience

I'm calling tomorrow to schedule our prof'l carpet clean ( ) and septic cleaning (meh, but needs to be done!) I can't wait to see these carpets cleaned like that again. They look so spanking new and fresh! We have a "deep cleaner/steam cleaner" thing and it works great, but nothing beats this guy's pro cleaner.
hugssandi likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
I can't wait to lie on my back and belly either!!!!!!!! I just can't!!!!!

I had a bad nose bleed today too. I was running late for an appointment with my therapist and I stopped to blow my nose before I headed out the door, and my nose started to bleed. Couldn't get it to stop and I was panicking cuz I was late, but I think it was making it worse. So I called her and left her a voicemail to let her know I'd be late and I sat down and relaxed and put pressure and ice on my nose. It finally stopped, but I was ten minutes late to my appointment. I hate being late.

So last night we had a newborn care class at the hospital. We were so nervous going in. They taught us how to change a diaper, swaddle, bathe, and soothe a crying baby. We didn't do too bad with the diapering and swaddling. Holding the baby was awkward. But the doll was really stiff, so I don't know if it'll be harder or easier with an actual baby.

The part that made us nervous was the colicky baby. They showed us a video of some doctor who had some methods for soothing babies. He was amazing. He could get any baby to stop crying. I'm sure that his techniques were effective cuz he was so calm and confident, but I'm going to check out his book. I don't remember his name, but the book he wrote is called " The Happiest Baby on the Block". Have you guys heard of it or tried it??

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM
That book's a classic. Swoosh, swing, shhh, swaddle... all of those together can work wonders. You are right, too, that a good deal of it deals with how tense or frustrated you are as a parent. They can sense that through your muscle tension and voice inflection. Colicky babies are soooo challenging, but remember, it's only temporary and if you have to put them in the crib and take a step out or walk around the outside of the house for a second to gather your wits, it's A-OK.

I don't speak from experience and I pray I won't have to, but it's something I prepare for with each pregnancy. No matter, there are moments where each baby has fits and those same concepts work.

November 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I think I've progressed from "waddling" to "hobbling." Something's wonky in my lower back and I can't hardly walk. I get like this at the end of every pregnancy though. My back just doesn't like all the extra front weight I guess. So, yeah, walking straight and eating food are the two non-pregnant not-baby-related things I'm looking forward to most!

November 13th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Great! I'm going to check out that book for sure!!!!

November 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Oh, and I read Happiest Baby on the Block. I suggest reading a lot of books and picking the things that work for you and your baby.
redbirds and Betts like this.

November 13th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Oh, and I just posted on the embarrassing pregnant moment thread, but I just realized that all of this extra watery " discharge" I've been having is actually me just peeing myself. I must've been doing it for a long time and just realized it!
redbirds and SweetiePeas like this.

November 13th, 2013, 06:50 PM
OH, yes... I kept thinking of what I can post there. Peeing in my pants on a regular basis is definitely one The other day, I coughed so hard I peed my pants, and I had a liner on and it STILL soaked through. GOod Lord. How embarrassing. Luckily, I just had to pick up DD1 and they have a car-line you can go through without having to get out of the car and she and teacher meet you at the gate, so I didn't have to get out. Thank GOD.

November 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
I always cough too hard or sneeze really hard and pee my pants.. I have to make sure I go to the bathroom often to prevent this from happening in public!

November 13th, 2013, 07:27 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
So, um, DH has gone from totally unhelpful while I'm on "bed rest" to a total hard-*** about it all. Telling me I have to sit down all day, scolding me if I get up, and threatening to take off work to make sure I behave. LOL. I'm not the best patient when it comes to being told to "take it easy"..I tend to push the boundaries a bit.. It's funny though...all it took was a stay at the hospital and him actually reading about preemies. Goof ball.
redbirds and SweetiePeas like this.

November 13th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I'm glad I finally figured it out! I dint realize I've been peeing myself for quite a while. So now I know we're the funky odor was coming from, I had pee on my underwear! Now that I know and am taking care of the problem, the odor is gone. I'm so stupid.

Julie: that's good news! I was pretty frustrated for you. Now you have to listen though. Haha!

November 13th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Thing is, we have to be keenly aware of those little leaks, because you never know when it can be amniotic fluid I leaked AF with DD2, andI learned the difference is that AF is a little slimy, should be clear, and smells like, well, like sex or semen or whatever you want to picture so, keep that in mind when you check!

November 13th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Ok. Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't have known that.

November 13th, 2013, 10:22 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What does a fat, crabby pregnant lady wear to a fresh beat band concert?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 14th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's 2am and I can't sleep. I'm incredibly anxious and feel completely off for some reason. I was having contractions earlier tonight but they fizzled away.

November 14th, 2013, 05:23 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't sleep real well last night either. I have an appt at 10 this morning and I'm hoping for the best. Plus, my dog ate my tub stopper for about the 20th time. Seriously?? I had a back up but it's not great and the water drains around it and it's irritating. OK, end rant.

November 14th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope your appt goes well this morning Angie!

Oh the joys of pregnancy and pee in your underwear,lol! I have to cross my legs sometimes and hope for the best when I sneeze....

As for what to wear to a concert,whatever makes you feel good! You are brave to do that this far along, but I am sure your DD will love it.

I just booked my first ever prenatal massage! Out of three pregnancies, this one has been by far the hardest and most stressed, so I feel like I deserve it. Its an hour long and I am sure it will be pure bliss! I have an all day girls shopping trip planned for Saturday so I will probably be achy anyways!
November 14th, 2013, 08:17 AM
There really is no reason for me to be as cold as I am

November 14th, 2013, 09:08 AM
GL Angie! I hope it goes well and news is good

Chelsea, I've no idea Something SUPER comfortable, that's for sure. Leggings and a maternity tunic? I'm all for simplicity and comfort!

Amy, I'm jealous. I need another prenatal massage, but man, my schedules' so booked ENJOY!!!

Not sure why you are so cold, Brittanie, but I am NOT. Luckily, I'm just about properly temperature regulated and our weather has been AWESOME!

Worked out today for 40 min on the elliptical and took a shower at the gym. It was so worth the extra 30 min for daycare coverage to shower afterwards. Man, I feel good, but I know I'm going to drop any minute, just in time for nap time!

November 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I had a terrible time sleeping last night too. I was up from 4:30-6:30 and babies were poking me all night. Then they slept through their NST today so we had to go for another ultrasound and after drinking a bottle of apple juice baby boy was still sleepy. He finally moved so we passed. It is so uncomfortable laying on my back for these tests. I'm so over it. Our tests next week are later so hopefully they'll do better.

DH and I DTD last night and omg I was so uncomfortable. I don't know how that's going to be a part of our induction plan next month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search