Breast feeders: check in!

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eilla05

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2013, 02:20 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going?
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand?
Do you keep a BF log?
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.?
Are you pumping at all?
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now?
Is your family supportive of BF?
What has your biggest challenge been so far?
What has your biggest success been so far?

December 18th, 2013, 02:35 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going? Great!
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? On demand
Do you keep a BF log? Nope. And they reeeeally wanted me to in the hospital and I sucked at it. It just seemed unnecessary to me, like yet another thing to worry about, lol! The LC was cool with it but the nursery nurses wanted to chart about it when they'd come check on us so they were irritated. Whatevs.
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? No, haven't needed to.
Are you pumping at all? Only when I get too engorged for a good latch.
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? I just use it to soften my boob for now which doesn't take much so...I dump the little amount I pump. I know! I should keep a bottle going where I accumulate a "stashable amount" from those relief pumps but I'm lazy.
Is your family supportive of BF? Absolutely. My whole family understands it is a boobs out situation lol! No modesty involved.
What has your biggest challenge been so far? He has a great latch but his mouth is so tiny that it still causes some pain. He will get better as he grows.
What has your biggest success been so far? My milk came in fast this time! Last time, it took 5 days but this time, it only took 2 days!

December 18th, 2013, 03:03 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
How is BF going? Meh. She wakes up hungry but won't latch and eat. It is a challenge
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? on demand
Do you keep a BF log? No
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? in the past and I have noticed minimal increase.
Are you pumping at all? Yep
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? yep
Is your family supportive of BF? Yep
What has your biggest challenge been so far? her unwillingness to latch right away.
What has your biggest success been so far? Umm

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz2nor5Q5dP

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
December 18th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
How is BF going? Good! Put for now, i switched to pumping only due to his excessive spitting up and gas.
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? Every 3 hours is when he wants his 3oz.
Do you keep a BF log? No
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? Beer
Are you pumping at all? Yes! EPing.
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? I am pumping for now, and put away 6-10oz a day in the freezer.
Is your family supportive of BF? Yes
What has your biggest challenge been so far? Dealing with Lucas' gas and spitting up.
What has your biggest success been so far? Actually being able to BF with no diet changes.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
How is BF going? Fabulously!
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? On-demand.
Do you keep a BF log? Heck no.
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? Nope.
Are you pumping at all? No.
Is your family supportive of BF? For the most part, yes. Though I still get comments that I should pump to make it "easier" on myself because someone else can help feed them. Umm...yea, that doesn't make my life easier.
What has your biggest challenge been so far? Feeding two at once, but even that's gone pretty well.
What has your biggest success been so far? Successfully breastfeeding twins!

December 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Veteran
How is BF going? great!
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? a little bit of both
Do you keep a BF log? nope
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? nope
Are you pumping at all? yes I pump exclusively
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? both, but I already have a HUGE stash
Is your family supportive of BF? yup
What has your biggest challenge been so far? pumping at night because I wake to feed her change her and then pump so im up about an hour in the middle of the night.
What has your biggest success been so far? my fat stash in the freezer lol
December 18th, 2013, 10:22 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going? Pretty good
Do you keep a BF log? No
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? No
Are you pumping at all? Yes, almost exclusively now.
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? For use no
Is your family supportive of BF? DH is, my mom thinks it's too much work.
What has your biggest challenge been so far? Latch. She will latch and unlatch over and over again.
What has your biggest success been so far? I keep trying to get her to take the breast, so my tenacity is my biggest success so far.

December 18th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going? Fantastic

Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? Demand

Do you keep a BF log? haha, no! I can barely find time to brush my teeth every day

Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? No

Are you pumping at all? No

If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? I will start pumping on occassion in a few more weeks to try to teach the little guy how to use a bottle in preparation for going to work, but for now, no pumping.

Is your family supportive of BF? Yes

What has your biggest challenge been so far? Probably getting through that first week when the boobs are sore. Our current challenge is to try to get him to latch on his own lying down, so I can get more sleep.

What has your biggest success been so far? Just no bottles and no formula and having that bonding experience with the baby
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
December 18th, 2013, 03:05 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going? Great, other then some sore nipples and a strong let down, it's gone perfect
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? On demand. NEVER wake a sleeping baby!
Do you keep a BF log? No... and if I need to know what side I'm on I just look down or in a mirror lol
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? No need, my supply is to much as it is
Are you pumping at all? Yes, 1-2x a day
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? Stash for when i start classes next month and in case I dry up naturally again early
Is your family supportive of BF? Yes, though it ticks me off when they ask me to pump so they can feed him
What has your biggest challenge been so far? Dealing with dad who keeps getting jealous of not being able to feed the baby and forever making comments about me pumping or him giving him a bottle
What has your biggest success been so far? Another BF successful from the first hour of life Both naturals at it again!
December 18th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going? So much better. I am so much happier it is finally working.
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? ON demand.
Do you keep a BF log? yes on my Iphone but only because I am a freak like that...Ibabylog app is awesome!
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? Nope
Are you pumping at all? Yes a few times per day only for comfort because I have over supply.
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? stash.
Is your family supportive of BF? My husband is I haven't a clue about the rest nor do I care.
What has your biggest challenge been so far? Latching and then dealing with him being to sleepy to want to nurse.
What has your biggest success been so far? Hanging in there and doing the whole try to nurse, syringe fed, then pump routine for 3 whole weeks! It paid off thankfully.
hugssandi likes this.

December 18th, 2013, 11:16 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'll be quick because I'm tired and ready for my zzz's

We bf, and it's going great!
Not keeping a log, but sometimes I do forget how long it's been and wish I had jotted down when she last finished eating. Meh, no biggie, she's eating well and gaining just right!
Not doing anything for milk production yet... but I do alot of oatmeal normally, so...
Not pumping. I will start soon and it's all for stash.
Successes: just about everything!
Challenges: She's stuffy, so it impedes her suckling a little, but she's doing well working around it or just pausing for a few minutes and then moving on again.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 19th, 2013, 06:01 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going? She is less than 24 hours old, but it is going great so far!
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? On demand, though she's been super sleepy so I try to wake her if she waits more than 3-4 hours to eat.
Do you keep a BF log? Nah
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? Nope, don't even know how my milk production will be! Still colostrum
Are you pumping at all? Nope. I loathe pumping lol
Is your family supportive of BF? Yep
What has your biggest challenge been so far? Waking her sleepy butt up to eat!
What has your biggest success been so far? Feeding her when I see the first hunger cues! She has hardly cried so far <3

December 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going? Fantastic (So far)
Do you keep a BF log? Yes. I'm trying to learn the rhythm of demand to set up a good supplemental pumping schedule.
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? Not yet.
Are you pumping at all? Will start in a few days both for immediate use (if I want to go out for a bit) and for a future freezer stash (for when I return to work)
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? N/A
Is your family supportive of BF? Yes.
What has your biggest challenge been so far? Cluster feeding
What has your biggest success been so far? I have milk! So happy not to have supply issues like I had with DD#1.

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

December 22nd, 2013, 05:13 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
How is BF going? Pretty good
Do you keep a BF log? No
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? No but in the hospital they wouldn't let me drink anything but fennel tea for 4 days
Are you pumping at all? To relieve engorgement so he can latch
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? Currently dumping it in small amounts, plan to start a stash soon.
Is your family supportive of BF? My parents and sister, very.
What has your biggest challenge been so far? When I get too full and engorged baby can't latch, so he pulls on and off (which kills) over and over and over.
What has your biggest success been so far? Figuring out what the challenge was and how to fix it.
December 30th, 2013, 11:11 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is BF going? We are arriving!
Do you BF on a schedule or on demand? Demand.
Do you keep a BF log? No.
Have you tried any milk production tricks like oatmeal, fenugreek, etc.? No.
Are you pumping at all? No.
If pumping, is it for a stash or for use now? N/A
Is your family supportive of BF? My household? Yes! Extended family? Probably not for as long as I do....

What has your biggest challenge been so far? Whit's nights and days mixed up, and that bili being a little high. It was near impossible to wake him to eat~it would take him like, 30 minutes to latch, and then he would just fall off asleep. During the day it's easier to keep trying, at night I would find I dozed and wasn't as diligent. We were not getting the wet diapers we needed, and when we did there was "brick dust".
What has your biggest success been so far? It's better now~he will stay latched and suckle even while sleeping. PLENTY of wet diapers and mustard yellow BM's. OH YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search