Some newborn questions

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, yes, Dash is my 4th but oh how quickly we forget!

Anyone swaddling? Dash seemed to like it at first but lately seems frustrated. I think my daughter was the same. Needed her arms free at a certain point.

We are already having "fussy" evenings--anyone else? Meaning..lots of nursing and holding/bouncing from about 7-10. But then he's sleeping fairly well...waking every 3 hrs or so. He is 2 weeks old today--anyone else going through this?

His cord stump is still attached and driving me nuts! I want to give him a real bath!

Also--down 27 lbs, 13 to go....can ALMOST a fit in my size 4's, but not quite. Hopefully in a few weeks.

One more thing: I feel healed, for the most part. Until I go shopping or am on my feet for a while and then I feel like a heaviness/discomfort....not at my tear site, but more inside, does that make sense? Like I need to sit down. I hope this passes!
December 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having the same issues re: swaddling and fussy times which started about 3 days ago. Laila wants her arms free. Sofia tolerated full swaddling way longer. The fussy times lasted until 6am this morning. O.o she was up every hour to hour and a half from about 10pm until 6am. She's wanting to be held a lot more which makes everything more difficult. She was so peaceful her first week that I thought I was going to be lucky with a quiet baby. Nope. Laila is 12 days old today.

Her cord stump fell off at 8 days. I was changing her clothes and picked her up (she had only a diaper on) and when I put her down her stump was gone. It had stuck to my shirt. I was a bit horrified because it didn't exactly fall off but it wasn't really pulled either. I think it was ready to fall off any time. I still felt bad that it stuck to my shirt. :/

December 19th, 2013, 09:58 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Koby hasn't liked to be swaddled since about 6 days old. He definitely wants to be in control! His cord stump didn't fall off until he was 16 days old and it stunk so bad! And we also have fussy time from about 8pm-11pm or so. Some nights it's a little longer others a little shorter. He sleeps pretty well once he goes down, 4 hours or so at a time.

December 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I have been swaddling the babies. I wasn't getting any sleep and they were staying awake from 1am to 4am every night and were up every hour or two all night. Then I realized they were swaddled in the hospital and slept so well then..so I bought some swaddleme wraps and they've been awesome sleepers ever since since they aren't randomly throwing their arms up while sleeping and waking themselves or each other up. I never swaddled my other kids.

How's this for strange? The twins cords both fell off on the same day within an hour of eachother. That was at 12 days old. The scabbing is almost all the way gone now at a few days later. My first kid took nearly 3 weeks and my 2nd was less than 10 days.....so it really varies!

December 19th, 2013, 03:46 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Eh... She's OK with swaddling, but doesn't like it all too much, so I haven't been faithful about it. Call it a pseudo swaddle

Fussy nights... she's not really hit it yet, but she definitely has some blocks of time where she wants to nurse for a good 20 min every hour or so. She's got a stuffy nose, so I can't really say anything about nights because the past 2 have been impacted by that

Weight: haven't checked. I wish I could lose 100 pounds without blinking an eye, so...

Baby's stump came off at 6 days

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 19th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
We had been swaddling Thomas pretty much constantly. Now he likes to have his arms free so we leave him unswaddled during the day and he sleeps in a swaddle pod at night. Ashlyn has slept with a blanket tucked around her lower half but with her arms free, so we'll see how she does at home.

Both babies' umbilical cords fell off at 6 days old within a couple of hours of each other. I was getting so nervous with them. When we gave Thomas his first bath, his stump got caught on the towel. They're both just about completely healed with no more scabs.

Thomas is a little fussy when we put him down for bed between his 9 pm and 12 am feedings, but other than that he's doing well. We'll see how that goes now that they're both home. Already they've been more fussy today...
December 19th, 2013, 06:20 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Mine are fussy what seems like all night long. They both seem to get annoyed with being swaddled too.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 19th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I swaddle him most of the day but I do let him have his arms/hands free for a bit as he likes to suck on his hands. If I don't swaddle him at night he doesn't sleep as good.

fussy times...god yes. Every afternoon. I seriously can barely put this kid down. Has gotten worse the last 2 days and I am almost thinking growth spurt.

Cord fell off at 9 days but the piece of scab I guess it was? just fell off yesterday!

December 19th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
We are sometimes swaddling but not always. Lucas likes his hands. When he is figgity we will swaddle him.

Fussy evenings -- yup. The witching hours are upon us. Totally normal though

Lucas cord fell off at 6 days.... thankfully --- he and his stump were so smelly!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 19th, 2013, 10:47 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We aren't swaddling. Just wrapping.

No fussy time yet. Elizabeth was my worst for this, it was awful. Flynn wasn't so bad, just an hour or so per night for a few weeks. Maybe we can skip it this time! Lol

I am down 28lbs and have lots to go.

I get the heavy feeling when I stand too long. As for vag soreness I haven't had any. I keep waiting for it to start.

We are almost 10 days old and still have our stump.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search