ended up in the hospital ..

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Super Mommy
1 week after having baby... apparently I had passed out on Tuesday and I didn't know anything .. My hubby took me to the hospital on Wednesday and apparently I had preeclampsia after I had my baby. I didnt have it during pregnancy.. My OB said that we can get preeclampsia up to 3 weeks after having a baby. I had really bad headache and nueasa and I didn't even know what happened for 2 days. I stayed in the hospital 2 days ( wednesday and thursday and was released on Friday ) .

I haven't had chance to enjoy my baby as yet b/c when I had her I had a 3rd degree tear and it's very painful. and now this preeclampsia thing. I'm still very weak but I'm forcing my self to get getting for the sake of my baby even though I know that she's in good hands. I'm home at my parents while I get better and I can manage to take care of myself and then my baby.

it's been an intresting 2 weeks...

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
December 21st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you're feeling better soon and able to enjoy spending time with your little girl!
December 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH (((((Heama)))))! I'm so sorry. Quite a few of our mamas are having such a hard time! Please take care of yourself, as we pray for you to get better!!!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
December 21st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear that! Hugs
December 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's dreadful ;-(( glad your on the mend now.
December 21st, 2013, 05:05 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Yikes..hope you recover quickly!

December 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
Oh no, hopefully you'll be all better soon!

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

December 21st, 2013, 06:52 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm sorry this happened and I hope you are feeling better now. I had a horrible bout with bp, headaches and swelling again after baby was born, worse than the last week before she was born, but it eventually died down. Interesting that you can still develop med issues a bit after birth, but it explains a lot.

Take it easy and I hope the tear heals quickly, too!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats so scary. sorry to hear

i am glad your getting better. hope you can snuggle your little one soon

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
December 22nd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
thanks ladies.. I'm feeling much better now, taking it easy... and trying to enjoy baby girl....

ugh I don't know what is worst.. having a 3rd degree tear or a c-section... my sister is like the 3rd degree tear is worst than a c-section.. and she has 2 c-section...

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
December 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry this happened to you! Eclampsia got me too and I also had a second stint in the hossy. No fun I understand what it's like to miss your baby and not feel like you can take care of them and just know that you have to take care of yourself before you can fully take care of that baby! Did they send you home on BP meds? With eclampsia, your BP can stay high for up to 6 weeks pp, sometimes longer and it's good to be able to check it periodically. Also, I've always said, the only difference between a vaginal birth and a c section is that I get cut up top from side to side and I have a chance to prepare for that. You get cut (or tear) (most of the the time) down below, up and down without any preparation. That sucks! I'm sorry! I'd take a c section any day of the week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search