Bouncing back really fast?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere
  • 1 Post By Oriyan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2013, 10:18 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea how I'm healing so fast. Barely a week PP and I feel pretty much my old self. I've been walking around the hospital when I go to see little miss. Went walking around target the other day. Cleaned the house all morning. Been cooking. Taking care of my son as usual... And I'm not even sore. Plus, my 2nd degree tear never really hurt - just a pinch here and there. Maybe cause I tore on my old tear's scar tissue?

I'm not complaining, it's just unexpected. I could still barely hold my son while standing at this point last time. And sitting hurt for almost 2 weeks.

December 24th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was much easier for me sec third and last time. Lol dint fight it!

*dont
December 25th, 2013, 05:35 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you getting more sleep since your baby is in the NICU and you have been home for a couple of days? Maybe it's the sleep.
lily26 likes this.

December 25th, 2013, 06:08 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^` that could have to do with it at least for me. i bounced back really quick too.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
December 25th, 2013, 07:29 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah that might be it. Just waking up every 4 hours at night to pump. I'm having oversupply problems again x_x ... So I'm trying to pump only as much as she eats. Which is like 3oz every 3 hours. So i pump 4 every 4 hours so i can rest.

But last night was my last night without her! We're rooming in today, so I get to feed her all night! I'll gladly take the lack of sleep <3

Last edited by CherryLimeade; December 25th, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
December 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I bounced back pretty fast with Patrick. This time though? not so much....

December 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I healed super fast with this pregnancy than my first. My first I had pain for a good year. This time, my back is about 70% better, but i've been up and about a ton since 2 days pp.
CherryLimeade likes this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 26th, 2013, 12:33 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here...15 days PP and I feel great. My vag feels pretty normal and my emotions are pretty even keel. The first go round I hobbled around for weeks and cried myself to sleep every night...this time is MUCH easier! Definitely not complaining!

Make a pregnancy ticker

December 26th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I've been doing really well. I'm almost 3 weeks pp and I'm feeling pretty good. The downstairs seems to be healing up pretty well, even though I never got around to using my sitz bath. I haven't stepped on a scale yet but I fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans. Emotionally I'm doing pretty well, although I think the hormones are still leveling out. I get a little weepy and a little anxious, but I'm nowhere near the mess I was the first week. DH has gone back to work, but I had my mom helping me all week. The true test will be the end of next week when I'm on my own. Thank goodness my Dad is retired, I'll be calling on him to just come and hang out so I don't feel so overwhelmed. It's definitely going to be a challenge since our doctors have recommended not taking them out until they're 6-8 weeks and also avoiding visitors. I'm looking forward to starting Weight Watchers again, but that might have to wait until February.
December 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bounced back faster this time than with any of my other babies. I attribute it to being able to sleep my first two nights home due to Laila having to stay in special care for two extra days, only having a first degree tear, my husband being home and helping more, my sons pitching in to help, and avoiding my mother's usual weirdness after I have a baby. Usually the first two weeks are a blur of exhaustion and crying jags. I've only had a few moments of weepiness. This time by two weeks PP I felt pretty much back to normal. I was even able to pull off our usual Christmas activities including cleaning the house, baking, cooking, and having guests over. That was huge for me.

December 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am NOT bouncing back as fast as usual. My midwife did tell me to stay down and let everyone do everything for two weeks. Yesterday I stuffed and cooked our turkey and cleaned up the kitchen several times, did some laundry, etc., and I did bleed a little more and was quite sore.

I am also struggling a teeny bit with headaches. It's not like the excruciating spinal headache I had that day in the hospital, just a dull nagging one. It's okay, but I think I get fearful it will go back to that bad, bad, bad headache that I could only lay down to tolerate!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
December 30th, 2013, 03:04 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt totally normal almost immediately after he was born. I think it's because I didn't tear at all. My only issue was in the hospital when I was loosing blood and having really bad cramping from the cytotec. Once all that was over and done i felt fantastic I was back in prepreg jeans 11 days post partum.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search