Trouble "Down there" *TMI*

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By hugssandi
  • 1 Post By hugssandi
  • 1 Post By PrettyMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 11:54 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
I just read on babycenter's website that your bleeding and lochia should slack off or turn into watery discharge about 10 days after birth. Well it's day 10 and I'm still bleeding like I'm on my period. Is this normal?
I'm not having as much of the stinging pain when I pee as I was, but I'm still having uterine cramps and pain down below. I've never had a cath before I gave birth and just the last few days I've had a lot more pain in the urethra area...it feels like I have rocks in there and in my bladder. I'm wondering if I have a UTI or if it's just normal pain. I'm thinking about calling the doc tomorrow and seeing if I can get an appt.

December 31st, 2013, 01:37 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Get your pee tested. You might just be bruised from the catheter, or it could be a uti.

As for the bleeding? It makes me LOL when I read about people who not hav pp bleeding for 2 weeks or whatever. I bled for like 5 weeks last time. If you are having to change your pad every hour, that's a different story...

December 31st, 2013, 04:48 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
I am also thinking about calling the doc about a UTI. I had a c-section and now I can't feel when I have to pee, so sometimes I forget for hours, and it stings a little when I do but at first I thought it was irritation from the catheter. I never had a UTI in my life before I was pregnant. Ugh. Sympathies.

I also thought it was totally normal to still be bleeding some. I barely need a pad between bathroom trips still but I had a pretty big clot this morning (maybe about the size of a ping pong ball). I have never heard that you shouldn't have any blood after 10 days-- just the same about soaking a pad in an hour or going back to bright red blood or more pain than usual.

The first night in the hospital, I was talking to DH when all of a sudden I felt gushing down under. I thought my catheter came out and I was peeing everywhere. We called the nurse, and she came in and said "Oh, you're just bleeding. You know, God is a man."
December 31st, 2013, 08:01 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Hmm I don't know. Get checked if you're worried but my PP bleeding with my first lasted a few weeks. I was still having some clots come out around 2 weeks PP. I also had the stinging burning sensation when I pee'd. I figured it was normal? Since everything is swollen and bruised down there. I never got tested for a UTI because I thought it was all normal. It went away on it's own when things started healing better. It took me a while to heal after my first. I remember it hurting to sit even around a month PP and I was taking it easy.

I hope you ladies are feeling better soon! (I'm next!!!)
mommamindy likes this.
December 31st, 2013, 09:31 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
PP bleeding varies. I can't recall the bleeding for my older kids but with DD1 I bled for about a month. It started like a heavy period then after a couple weeks was more like a light period. This time the bleeding went from heavy to light within a week then light to almost no bleeding in the next two weeks. I'm 3.5 weeks PP and only have to wear a panty liner now.

About the stinging, the one time I had a catheter (not pregnancy related) the stinging only lasted a few days. I would call your doctor.

Last edited by kara74; December 31st, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
December 31st, 2013, 10:32 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone bleeds for different amounts of time~I've even heard up to 6 weeks! I am finding I do much better adding blueberry juice to my water, as usual. I know I sound like a broken record, but it makes such a difference!!!!!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
December 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I always bleed for awhile. Also, if you over do it your body will let you know. It really is best to rest as much as possible. If you are filling a pad an hour at this point, that would be cause for concern.

After my ds I bled for 5 weeks and that was after a d&c. Everybody and pregnancy is different if you are still burning when you pee that may need checked out.
December 31st, 2013, 11:40 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We are 3 weeks PP and still bleeding.

It is different with every one and with every pregnancy.

I'd call about the pain though.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
December 31st, 2013, 12:10 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
5 weeks PP and I still get some red/yellow. I didn't stop with bright red until 3 weeks PP. I have not yet seen brown. REALLY annoying. But I think its cause I am pumping and very active.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 31st, 2013, 01:32 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
So my OB office is out for the holidays and won't be back in till Thursday. I called and left a message for the Doc on call with the answering service and they called me back about an hr later.
Of course I wind up getting the doctor that I can barely understand over the phone. I'm not racist and I don't hate on people but it frustrates me when I have to have them repeat themselves a dozen times because I can't understand them because of a very very thick accent. So I'm trying to tell her what my symptoms are and she keeps interrupting me and telling me it's because of "lacerations" because of where I tore. I keep telling her, it's not around that area, it's in my urinary tract and my bladder. She says "well just take some tylenol and drink lots of water, you can have a appt made on Thurs with the clinic" fffffffffffffffff you! I'm so sick of their answer to everything being frigging Tylenol! If I have all the symptoms of a UTI why the h e l l can they not call me in an antibiotic? Then she says she won't prescribe an antibiotic because I'm breastfeeding---never have I heard that you can't take an antibiotic while breastfeeding. I took a z-pack when I was pregnant for a sinus infection and everything was fine. Then she tells me that if I can't wait till Thurs I should just go to the regular ER. I'm thinking...yeah I'm going to the ER and expose myself and everyone in my household to the flu that has been ravaging this whole area-no thanks. Gah I'm soooo frustrated. I guess I'm just going to take Naproxen and drink a lot of cranberry juice till I can call Thursday.

December 31st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Please hear me: BLUEBERRY JUICE!! LOL! Does it only just work fer me?
summerbaby1 likes this.

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
December 31st, 2013, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am one of the lucky ones who apparently as of 2 days ago started my period after stopping bleeding for 5 days....I didn't slack off on bright blood until almost 3 weeks then it went pink for a week then yellow then discharge....right into my period. I am nursing 10-12x a day.....yeah I ain't happy.

December 31st, 2013, 05:13 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i bled for 2 weeks and it wasnt alot

however i have a friend who had bled for 6 weeks.

i agree i think it varies

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.

Last edited by lily26; December 31st, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
January 1st, 2014, 07:57 AM
Still thinking of you and remembering after my fourth birth (with the nurse plunging in with all the blue soap up to the elbow?) that my midwife had me dissolve 1/4 tsp. Epsom salts into my peri bottle a couple times a day and really flood the urethra on the potty to help guard against UTI.
summerbaby1 likes this.

January 2nd, 2014, 06:35 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
I'm about 4 weeks PP and still have little blood coming out. It finally turned brow this week, before that it was like a period for about 3 straight weeks. I thought it'd never stop! I can't trust it though and have to have a liner in all the time which is annoying. I feel like I get all stuffy down there having to have something in all the time:/

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

January 2nd, 2014, 08:50 AM
I am passing some clots, too. I'm not alarmed, because I think I have before?

January 2nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bopping over from Feb DDC and I had this same issue and called the nurse line at my hospital. She said that normally there is an increase of blood again around day 10 or 11 as the spot where your placenta was attached starts to scab over and heal. She also said I could have been doing too much and it's why my bleeding was still heavier. Mine started to die down then I started getting gushes again. But I had yet to sit down since my LO is in the PICU I have been back and forth to the hospital almost everyday. Just keep and eye and if it doesn't slow in a few days call your doc. But it can be very normal as long as it's not making you change pads every hour.
summerbaby1 likes this.

January 2nd, 2014, 04:57 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
I had a catheder because I got an epidural and I'm bleeding out of my urethra now :/ its gross... I can feel it come out and it feels like I am peeing myself my vaginal bleeding is very minimal, though. But it is red, however I am only 10 days PP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search