Breastfeeding check in

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
HOw are our BFers doing?

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
December 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are doing great. I still have to wake to feed every 2 hours because she is not quite up to birth weight and there is a point every morning where she has been eating for 2-3 hours with a little break in between. My biggest issue is the size of my ladies. It should be illegal to get this big. Causing some muscular issues.
NCRG2010 likes this.
December 31st, 2013, 10:55 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're doing everything we can to try to help maverick bf better. His energy level is a huge conflict. He latches well (finally) and seems to suckle more effectively but it's too short lived for him to take enough milk in. I was pumping 80oz a day but I'm trying to decrease my supply some so I'm down to 40-45oz a day. He eats about 18-20oz a day via bottle/NG.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 31st, 2013, 11:37 AM
Liliana has turned into a good nurser. She goes 5-15 minutes depending on if I pumped first or not.

I missed having a nursling.
bajars2531 likes this.

December 31st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Aralyn has been doing great from the start. She is waking herself about every 3 hours to nurse and isdoing about 10-15 minutes each time. No pumping, yet, but she seems happy and content. Shes a big time burper and spits up quite a bit.

December 31st, 2013, 11:46 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ryder feeds every 3 hours typically. He cluster feeds at night and then sleeps a 5 hour stretch.

Everything has been easy and natural except I developed mastitis this morning after only 12 hours of my breast feeling sore. Crazy!
December 31st, 2013, 12:06 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Ive been EPing while Lucas' intestines heal from his milk allergy. We are trying to work him back up to 8oz of BM a day, slowly.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 31st, 2013, 01:43 PM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
Lila eats about every 2-3 hrs. She's been doing awesome (knock on wood) ever since we were in the hospital. Her pediatrician told me I needed to wake her up every two hrs to eat. That worked for about the first 3 nights we were home. Now if she wants to sleep 4 hrs in a row I let her because when she wakes up she drains me on both sides. She usually is on a pretty good schedule but she occasionally likes to cluster feed, esp right now she's been having some gassy issues and I think she just likes snuggling on my chest for a while. Her next weigh in is on Thursday and hopefully she hasn't lost any weight. She was 8 lbs at her last check up and that was only 2 oz down from when we left the hospital.

December 31st, 2013, 04:42 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Doing good! She eats great, but does burp and spit up her share and I *try* to tell her this is NOT an efficient or effective means of eating, but she's not hearing it She was sleeping GREAt in the first week or two, but now, she's up more at night, like every 2-3 hours instead of ever 4 or so I miss my good sleeps. I'm sure she's growing and I hope this little trend breaks soon.
swade66 and bundle2baby like this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 31st, 2013, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are finally doing great! He is nursing 9-12x per day every 2-3 hours on average though he will cluster feed at times. For about 4 days he was waking up every 2 hours again but thankfully night before and last night he went back to waking 1x between 11-6 which makes me so happy!

Birth weight was 6lb1oz....pedi last Thursday he was 7lb12oz so the boob milk must be doing good!
bundle2baby likes this.

January 1st, 2014, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually really well. But I absolutely hate breastfeeding. I didn't mind when I only had one or two kids but this is really causing a big block of my day lol selfish I know but it's hard for me to have to seclude myself. My kids don't really feel comfortable with me feeding in front of them
January 1st, 2014, 03:03 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting good diaper results, but I've never had such a sleepy baby!!! Worries me to have to wake him and keep stimulating him to stay latched and sucking.

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
January 1st, 2014, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Boys are so lazy. Ari does the same thing but when he wakes and is ready holy mackerel there is no stopping his fury lol
bundle2baby and hugssandi like this.
January 1st, 2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
Doing good! She eats great, but does burp and spit up her share and I *try* to tell her this is NOT an efficient or effective means of eating, but she's not hearing it She was sleeping GREAt in the first week or two, but now, she's up more at night, like every 2-3 hours instead of ever 4 or so I miss my good sleeps. I'm sure she's growing and I hope this little trend breaks soon.

Liliana projectile vomits on occasion. It drives me bonkers. haha Same with the sleeping. She was sleeping between 4 - 7 hours and now she is every 3-4...not bad but not what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRG2010 View Post
Actually really well. But I absolutely hate breastfeeding. I didn't mind when I only had one or two kids but this is really causing a big block of my day lol selfish I know but it's hard for me to have to seclude myself. My kids don't really feel comfortable with me feeding in front of them

Forget that. I'd let them know they can leave the room if they want but I wouldn't leave on my own.

January 2nd, 2014, 11:42 AM
Liam seems to be a good nurser, but has had a lot of trouble gaining weight. He is just over 3 weeks old and still isn't back to birth weight I've been having to go to the peds every 3-4 days since we came home to recheck his weight. They want me to supplement ( which I've been doing) but I don't want to affect my supply so I've been supplementing 1-2 ounces after he nurses. He also had some blood in his stool and that plus the slow weight gain makes the Ped believe he has a milk protein allergy. Sooo I'm going dairy free with my diet and praying that he starts gaining!
January 2nd, 2014, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's what I tell them lol
January 2nd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Not so well.. Having to supplement due to really low milk production. I pump and let him nurse as much as I can so hopefully it will increase. Breastfeeding him is also really painful even though it seems he has a good latch :/

January 2nd, 2014, 01:47 PM
UGH on green go. I am working hard to nurse just one breast at a time, but sometimes they are just.so.engorged I need a little help. The right one consistently feels like leather! He has a harder time latching that side, but I'm not sure if it's because it's been more engorged since day 1, or because of that muscle by his mouth?

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
January 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
emilybobemily's Avatar Regular
I am having a hard time with nursing bras. You would think that at the time in a woman's life when her chest is the biggest stores would have bigger sizes. I have to keep ordering online and returning.

Anyone having food sensitivities?
January 6th, 2014, 12:30 PM
If I didn't have a place to fit me locally, I would order here again: Buy Nursing Bras, Pumps, Maternity Products | Birth and Baby There are sooooo many good fitting helps there to make a good choice!!!

Today Whit had a tiny bit of a rash on his bottom that made me wonder about food allergy. So far his behavior doesn't indicate so though....
emilybobemily likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search